Community MetaSteam | December 2019 - Halo! Is It Me You're Looking For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Sekrio's game community doesn't represent itself well when someone HAPPENS to have the opposite opinion of the features and merits of the game. I mean holy shit, never have people been so proud to gate keep, double down on that gatekeeping and at the same time extol their own virutes... "The community is why people love Fromsoftware games!!" "We have the best community"

No you fucking don't, stop lying. Congrats btw, Sekiro is garbage and so is Fromsoftware. How do I know? Well, I don't, as I've never played one of their games. But the trash pile of fucks that make up their 'community'? Nothing good inspired those people.

Edit: "The community" is those in the sub reddit, various forums treating the game like a religious experience, a scared bastion of developer vision and artistic merit that the relief from anger and frustration and hand cramps are why you beat bosses." Garbage gamers.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
This reminded me that I haven't fired up Idlemaster in a while. Have several games to idle, it's funny that I didn't even buy most of them, they're either from giveaways on Era or games that were free for a limited time on Humble or whatever.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I'm pretty sure you'll end up getting way more than 37 euros. I mean, assuming you manage to sell all of them (good luck ticking 18k checkboxes in the Steam app), even at 1 cent per card you'd get at least 188 euros.
Unless I'm drunk and my math is way off.
I got $50cad from 1000 cards alone. Ive made over 800 since trading cards came out. Definitely will get more than $38 euros.

Deleted member 113

I'm pretty sure you'll end up getting way more than 37 euros. I mean, assuming you manage to sell all of them (good luck ticking 18k checkboxes in the Steam app), even at 1 cent per card you'd get at least 188 euros.
Unless I'm drunk and my math is way off.
I assume that math includes some games that were removed, and the cards can't be sold. :)

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I assume that math includes some games that were removed, and the cards can't be sold. :)
Yeah but they can be turned into a handful of gems. I believe games that were removed by the publisher have cards that still can be sold (I sold Ducktales cards weeks after the game was pulled) but games that Valve banned or removed themselves can only be exchanged for gems.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I said it before but it's such a boring-ass game that there's not much to talk about, David Cage's writing has improved such that unfortunately he's now painfully mediocre instead of entertainingly bad and the story has nothing to offer that we haven't seen better in other movies, books, series or games about the whole 'is AI human' topic. Gameplay is nothing special and while there's an impressive amount of choices that do have consequences (one main character/storyline can disappear from the story very early on) I had a hard time caring about anyone except Clancy Brown. The face tech is certainly impressive but the overall visual style was middle-of-the-road too. Just not much to latch onto.

I often cringe when I see the regional prices for Switzerland, guess someone is paying them but they're completely unreasonable, I'd be mostly using bundles and key-resellers.

Those things, they take time....
I'm assuming that D3 has cards but they don't actually have the emoticons or the profile wallpaper? Or the badges for that matter?
From games being hard is one of the reasons why I play them.

I do put games on easy I will admit, but that depends on the game, since there are some genres that I'm just not a fan of and because I tend to drop games very quickly

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
To be more elaborate regarding difficulty in games:
IMHO if a game's combat or gameplay involve skill/has depth to it, Normal diff. at least should be played in order to get a good handle of it.

If a game's combat or gameplay is pretty throwaway/not thought out well, then just settle with Easy. No need to waste more time firing at bullet sponges under the guise of 'challenge'

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I'm idling since yesterday too, hope we all Meta folk get many foils (that don't stay stuck in the market for five months since no one cares about its game:cryblob:)

Reactions: Angelo and lashman

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
It is the opposite. The left panel lists the sell orders (items for sale), the right panel lists the buy orders (requests to buy).
Oh ok
Based on the original image, what do you suggest the price of that card should be?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I won't idle, at current card prices having accurate playtime stats for games is actually more valuable to me than idling them would be.
Mmh, that !
But I already nuked my stats years ago for pennies. So why not nuke them a bit more :anguished-face:

And btw, speaking about not idling in invisible mode, I am not pointing at a certain German member, not at all :so-good-blob:

Edit - Though now that some people mentioned it, I worry for the algorithm.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Sekrio's game community doesn't represent itself well when someone HAPPENS to have the opposite opinion of the features and merits of the game. I mean holy shit, never have people been so proud to gate keep, double down on that gatekeeping and at the same time extol their own virutes... "The community is why people love Fromsoftware games!!" "We have the best community"

No you fucking don't, stop lying. Congrats btw, Sekiro is garbage and so is Fromsoftware. How do I know? Well, I don't, as I've never played one of their games. But the trash pile of fucks that make up their 'community'? Nothing good inspired those people.

Edit: "The community" is those in the sub reddit, various forums treating the game like a religious experience, a scared bastion of developer vision and artistic merit that the relief from anger and frustration and hand cramps are why you beat bosses." Garbage gamers.
I never saw this about Sekiro. Dark Souls though, that fanbase sure loves smelling its own farts :p

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

I listed a few games from Humble in our Buy/Sale/Trade thread.
If anyone is looking for a recent monthly title (and a few others from other bundles), do check my list. ;)

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Can I play a Steam game while idling ? No risk to get banned ?
I suppose the idling won't work while I play but that's not a problem.

Deleted member 113

Like I previously mentioned, I don't now $&%# about idling. :)

But, I keep reading that you shouldn't play a VAC-protected game while idling, to avoid getting banned, so I would play it safe.

Reactions: Li Kao

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yeah. It might decrease drop rate but thats because you’ll be “playing” multiple games at once.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm too lazy to idle nowadays.
And I don't want to fuck up my playtime any more than it already is, lol.

Reactions: Eferis

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
According to Enhanced Steam, I have:

18876 card drops remaining
5125 games with drops remaining
173 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately 37,14€ :disappointed-face:

I thought I could get a little more.

Anyway, how long would it take me to farm this amount of cards?
The math seems wrong, I've always used the rule of thumb that on average you should clear about US 5 cents per card, so that would make it over $900. 100 cards is 5 bucks plus or minus a bit.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, the Enhanced Steam figure seems wrong. Even if you sell everything at the very minimum of a 1 ct profit, you should still get at least 118 euros.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Oh ok
Based on the original image, what do you suggest the price of that card should be?
You can see that 40 cards were sold during the last day. So it should be easy to sell yours.

I would check the price for which these cards were sold. If it is roughly 2.50 of your currency (the lowest sell order), then I would list mine at the same price. If I want to be the first, I would undercut by 0.01 of your currency. If I want to be greedy, I would list it for 2.70 of your currency.

However, things change if we are talking about a recent game and you expect many sellers to appear out of nowhere and undercut each other.

Reactions: MegaApple

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I never saw this about Sekiro. Dark Souls though, that fanbase sure loves smelling its own farts :p
I ve heard as much be have never seen as much of that as Sekrio. The wagon circling is like Fox news running cover for the president.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
You can see that 40 cards were sold during the last day. So it should be easy to sell yours.

I would check the price for which these cards were sold. If it is roughly 2.50 of your currency (the lowest sell order), then I would list mine at the same price. If I want to be the first, I would undercut by 0.01 of your currency. If I want to be greedy, I would list it for 2.70 of your currency.

However, things change if we are talking about a recent game and you expect many sellers to appear out of nowhere and undercut each other.
Thank you so much for your suggestion! This was really valuable.

Reactions: Wok

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I won't idle, at current card prices having accurate playtime stats for games is actually more valuable to me than idling them would be.
That's why you use a separate tool to count gametime.
Has the additional benefit of working when Steam is down/offline mode and for non-Steam games.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Y'all should play more games on easy.
Not sure what that was in regard to (Hellblade, maybe?) but I typically find games more entertaining and rewarding on harder difficulties because they require you to use more of what's offered. But it also really helps if the game itself is already enjoyable to play. if a game doesn't play well raising the difficulty isn't going to help things.

I don't mind lowering the difficulty if I just want to rush through something or if I'm simply not having as much fun on a harder difficulty I'll try lowering it to see if that improves my experience.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Not sure what that was in regard to (Hellblade, maybe?) but I typically find games more entertaining and rewarding on harder difficulties because they require you to use more of what's offered. But it also really helps if the game itself is already enjoyable to play. if a game doesn't play well raising the difficulty isn't going to help things.

I don't mind lowering the difficulty if I just want to rush through something or if I'm simply not having as much fun on a harder difficulty I'll try lowering it to see if that improves my experience.
Depends on the game and my mood. I generally like challenges if they're well made, but sometimes I also just wanno turn my brain off and button mash my way through some mindless spectacle.

And some games just have objetively garbage difficulty (Castlevania Lords of Shadow DLC boss cough) no one wants to bother with.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
That's why you use a separate tool to count gametime.
Has the additional benefit of working when Steam is down/offline mode and for non-Steam games.
Interesting. Which tool ?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I'm deadass. Your shit inspires such rabid nastiness, it isn't worth it to try to "understand" it. Srry not srry. I've got a really nasty history with 'esteemed elements' of that community on another forum. Soured me to ever even hearing that word.

In a total unrelated point; I've been reading "best games of the decade" and somehow The Binding of Issac is on NONE of these lists. I read like seven lists today and nada lol. What the fuck? TBOI (shorthand) IMHO a top 20 game of my life and a top 10 of the decade.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I Just got my new keyboard, it will take some getting use to but hopefully it isn't too bad right now the issue that I have with it is that it is wider than I would have liked, by which I mean the G keys, I am not use to something being there, and have felt like hitting them when aiming for the caps lock keys a few times already. The RGB on the mouse and keyboard are nice. I would have gotten one of the $100USD or so keyboards from Logitech but the lack of media keys was my main issue with them, more importantly the lack of a dedicated volume button was a deal breaker for me. The one I got does have media keys, the volume button on this keyboard is a wheel for some reason and I was worried about it since I did see a review that mention it had delay issue or something like that and so far I have had no such issue with the wheel. I have to figure out if it's my keyboard that is causing the issue or my mouse but in the Windows search bar it is going crazy right now and just scrolling down. But everywhere else it is not having that issue. I have issue with the symbol keys and where they are located it takes me a bit of time to find them, and well this RGB keyboard does not light them up. Hopefully that does not become to annoying.

Oh and why is my mousepad huge!!!! With the way that I play I don't think I would need something of this size (I don't really see a need to play with low DPI and always have it set to the second highest setting a majority of the time )

The mouse feel nice!!! It feels way better than the nightmare that was the G502, one thing that I did misrepresent about the G502 was that I thought high end mice would let you scroll the wheel fast but with more control, I guess I was wrong. Since this one is still rubber, but at least I am not having any issues with it and rubber wheels feel nice.

It does feel nice to type on the keyboard but I am still making a lot of spelling errors I guess I was hoping that I would help me lower that down. And the top of the keyboard does feel nice to touch.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm deadass. Your shit inspires such rabid nastiness, it isn't worth it to try to "understand" it. Srry not srry. I've got a really nasty history with 'esteemed elements' of that community on another forum. Soured me to ever even hearing that word.
If it's not worth trying to understand it, it's of very little value to a discussion on a message board, imho.
You can do better. We are not reddit, so slow down on the trolling please.

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
My highest Foil sale is still that Ittle Dew Stick Foil I sold for 20€ back in 2013.
I only have 127 drops remaining, not worth it at the moment. As for playtime, I stopped caring about that a long time ago. For the games where it really "matters", that is, high enough playtime to be on my most played games are already ones where I would have played them at launch anyway and got the drops naturally.

The obvious downside is that my recommendation on Steam are pretty much useless, it would be neat if I could strike some of that bundle stuff from my history and maybe make use of some of the new features.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
If it's not worth trying to understand it, it's of very little value to a discussion on a message board, imho.
You can do better. We are not reddit, so slow down on the trolling please.
I'm not trolling. I'm really not interested in Sekrio in the slightest, purely because I can't think of the game without thinking of a really shitty experience with some vocal members of the Sekrio community. I don't know what else to tell you. Straight up, that was one of the reasons I left Era as this past spring the nasty streak in the forum grew a mile wide.

What prompted this was the game awards show and another discussion on how sacred Sekrio is on another forum (not era).

Edit: Anway, I got this off my chest and my rant is done.

I've got Bloodborne, for free from PS Plus, I figure I'll give it a shot, I just won't make the mistake of trying to look up tips online.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm not trolling. I'm really not interested in Sekrio in the slightest, purely because I can't think of the game without thinking of a really shitty experience with some vocal members of the Sekrio community. I don't know what else to tell you. Straight up, that was one of the reasons I left Era as this past spring the nasty streak in the forum grew a mile wide.

I've got Bloodborne, for free from PS Plus, I figure I'll give it a shot, I just won't make the mistake of trying to look up tips online.
To expand a little on my reply, I sympathize with having a controversial opinion and knowing that you maybe can't talk about it without getting some heavy debate. I have some, everybody has some. BUT, I don't think going all hey here's my shit, don't @ me is a solution.

Maybe don't share the take if it's so controversial and you don't want rebuttal. I'm not telling you to censor yourself, but I just don't understand the value for you or us in telling 'this is shity, but because reasons I won't budge an inch on the subject'. As already said, I surely have some opinions like that, but... I don't share them. What would be the point ?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

If it's a story-based game without any or negligible story paths, just watch the game on youtube. Very few story-based games have fun gameplay mechanics that you just want to experience/play on easy. Most skill-based, story-focused, games get their "fun" from being hard or a little difficult.
Look at Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Gears, etc. The difficulty just adjusts the time-to-kill or the number of enemies. playing it on easy is just throwing away valuable time, just watch it on youtube and look for a shootbang game with more fun gunplay.

Games which have the gameplay as the focus are another matter. Games like Minecraft, Rimworld, 4x-Games, Factorio etc. Adjusting the difficulty means that you calibrate the game to your enjoyment. When I played the hardcore Minecraft modpack FTB interactions (500 to 1000 hours to complete with focus on creating and managing an evergrowing factory) I knew that it was probably the hardest tech-focussed Modpack for Minecraft that would take serious investment in first grinding and then automating your techbase. But I also activated cheats, so that I can skip some recipes from the few Magic-mods that have obnoxious mechanics or are plain boring because they are in every modpack (like the researching aspect of thaumcraft who needs like 20 to 30 hours alone and thaumcraft has no use outside of a few items.)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Honestly, not starring Max and Chloe is quite the plus.
If someone tells me LiS2 doesn't have the same dumb time rewind mechanic, I'll be sure to buy it come the next sale
it doesn't ... all choices are final (unless you, like, reload last checkpoint or something, i guess ... but with how often the game autosaves even that might not always be possible)

and yes, i agree it's a good decision on their part to not just cash in and make a direct sequel or something ... absolutely

Reactions: Trisolarian

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Honestly, not starring Max and Chloe is quite the plus.
If someone tells me LiS2 doesn't have the same dumb time rewind mechanic, I'll be sure to buy it come the next sale
Oh, good question ! Does it have rewind ? I only played LIS1 ep1 but the main rewind puzzle was really not its strong point.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh, good question ! Does it have rewind ? I only played LIS1 ep1 but the main rewind puzzle was really not its strong point.
it doesn't, no

there is another power, though ... but it's not rewind (or any time manipulation) ... and you're not the one who has it

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
What prompted this was the game awards show and another discussion on how sacred Sekrio is on another forum (not era).
Yeah, I don't want to go there because there is zero value in boards wars. That being said, some forums are increasingly difficult to read for me too.

Reactions: Trisolarian

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
To expand a little on my reply, I sympathize with having a controversial opinion and knowing that you maybe can't talk about it without getting some heavy debate. I have some, everybody has some. BUT, I don't think going all hey here's my shit, don't @ me is a solution.

Maybe don't share the take if it's so controversial and you don't want rebuttal. I'm not telling you to censor yourself, but I just don't understand the value for you or us in telling 'this is shity, but because reasons I won't budge an inch on the subject'. As already said, I surely have some opinions like that, but... I don't share them. What would be the point ?
Ranting into the void. We don't have an unpopular opinions board thread so...

In nice news, I have both LiS2 and Detroit and I haven't started either!

In further shameful news, I actually have a tiny soft spot for the David Cage style of game, as I've beaten both Indigo Prophecy and Beyond Two Souls, despite the obvious reasons why I wouldn't. And believe me Beyond Two Souls has nothing on Indigo Prophecy in the wackiness factor.

I fully expect LiS2 to be devastating emotionally, so I'm scared to even start it. I dub this behavior "Emotional distress induced by fictional media avoidance syndrome".

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.