Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Update on EITR: one of the devs said on their Discord that they didnt take it down or cancel it and Devolver manages their Steam page. He said its not an epic exclusive and didnt know anything about it being taken down, and will ask Devolver whats up. We'll see.
:sweaty-blob:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
If it becomes EGS timed exclusive (and I still think it will as it matches the development hell category) it will be something between Epic and Devolver, might not even be a thing known from the devs at all. Unfortunately it would not be the first this happens.

Again, timing is perfect for the event EGS reel :thinking-face:
For real? What other developers did that happen to? It would be astonishing that they were tossed to EGS like that without even a say in the matter, or at least the courtesy to tell them what was about to go on.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah its absolutely not beneath Devolver to pull shady stuff like that. The exchange on Discord went like this:

With Eadous being one of the devs (and its a 2 man team). Make of it what you will. He states its not exclusive, but maybe he just doesnt know it yet. However, if Devolver would want to make it egsclusive, they wouldnt really need to take the page down, right? Plenty of others left theirs up, and Valve encourages devs to do just that, leave the pages up. So... maybe someone at Devolver made a mistake? Maybe there was a backroom deal. We'll have to wait and see.
It's not really shady, it's something I expect as an economical movement, you see...

It's a game that it has been in dev for so long that Devolver might want to get the cash and run because the development has been slow as hell and might not be worthy for Devolver to wait until is finished because keeping it in their lineup makes it hard to organize other launches and perhaps it costs money and as hard as this might sound Devolver might want to sell it for a timed exclusivity as Epic is still trying to get as many things as they can, publishers know and they usually offer what they want to sell as quick as possible.

In the worst case scenario it's just a timed exclusive, in the best case it's still coming, but keep in mind that I still think devs don't know about this and the game will appear in the EGS reel the 10th on TGA.
For real? What other developers did that happen to? It would be astonishing that they were tossed to EGS like that without even a say in the matter, or at least the courtesy to tell them what was about to go on.
Literally most of the Deep Silver ones including Metro Exodus.

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
I'm going down the vets tomorrow to have my cat put down. I've known she has cancer for almost 6 months, she had a surgery to cut it out which didn't work, and the cancer spread everywhere. She at the end now as her quality of life has diminished significantly over the last few days,
I'm heartbroken despite knowing for months that its been coming and that there would never be enough time. She's had a good long life and been spoilt rotten since the day she came to us as a young adult rescue cat from the RSPCA. Goodbye to best cat Storm, I'll miss you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure she lived a great life and appreciates all you've given her. :cat-heart-blob::weary-face:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'm going down the vets tomorrow to have my cat put down. I've known she has cancer for almost 6 months, she had a surgery to cut it out which didn't work, and the cancer spread everywhere. She at the end now as her quality of life has diminished significantly over the last few days,
I'm heartbroken despite knowing for months that its been coming and that there would never be enough time. She's had a good long life and been spoilt rotten since the day she came to us as a young adult rescue cat from the RSPCA. Goodbye to best cat Storm, I'll miss you.

I'm so so sorry, kafiend, I lost my dog this August and I can totally feel your loss.

May your dear friend rest in piece and hope you get well soon, huge hugs :crying-face:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Literally most of the Deep Silver ones including Metro Exodus.
Wow. That's amazing to me that would happen. I can kind of see it where you're a big developer and you deal with big publishers and they might do some move like that and it's just another day at the office, but to be a tiny dev and a publisher known for working with indies ... that would make anybody think twice about working under Devolver.

• This!

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
EITR update from Eadous (Eitr dev) on Discord

"yep store page is fine, it's just been hidden for now until there's a solid plan 👍"

lets hope thats just what it is ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
EITR update from Eadous (Eitr dev) on Discord

"yep store page is fine, it's just been hidden for now until there's a solid plan 👍"

lets hope thats just what it is ;)
... or they just learned from the other dev/devolver that they're going egsclusive

• Eyes

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm slowly working on playing the games I got over Thanksgiving and just got notice about 4(!) off my wishlist being released today (Haven included). Oof

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Bungled this worse than Anthem, surely? Biggest IP in the World and just look at the state of it.
I mean, the game clearly tries to be all things to all people and GaaS for the publishers. How SE didn't see this coming or have plans in place for such an eventuality is beyond me. EA may have bungled Star Wars, but at least their released game was good. Disney needs to look into different licensing models for their ip.

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Dang it Wario!!!!! Your P5S news distracted me and I could have picked up the FE game from Best Buy instead.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Why arent they releasing P5R tho? Wtf.

I wonder if they just stealth drop it around winter sale or January. They kind of did that with P4G.

If they do It better not be anywhere near Cyberpunk.

Reactions: QFNS and ISee

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
This was an accidental release. Maybe they'll announce this and a PC port of Royal at TGA? lmao wishful thinking but a man can dream.
:wd_heart:
Why arent they releasing P5R tho? Wtf.

I wonder if they just stealth drop it around winter sale or January. They kind of did that with P4G.

If they do It better not be anywhere near Cyberpunk.
Probably some exclusivity agreement. Or ATLUS.

Reactions: QFNS and Arsene

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Guys, one Atlus announcement per week, please tune to next week's announcement teaser for another announcement.

Reactions: PC-tan

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I haven't played a single Persona games, so excuse my questions
Can someone explain all the differences between the Persona releases? I understand that 3, 4 and 5 are different games. But the different editions in each iteration? Royale, Golden, Strikers and all that??

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Yeah it's gonna be super weird if they release the sequel before the base game. They have to release 5 before February.

Can someone explain all the differences between the Persona releases? I understand that 3, 4 and 5 are different games. But the different editions in each iteration? Royale, Golden, Strikers and all that??
Golden and Royale are like the extended/director'd cut of the base game. Same game, but with added content fused into it. Strikers is a spinoff, but it's also a sequel to Persona 5, and it has an entirely different genre, musou.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Persona 4 Golden is an enhanced/expanded version of Persona 4.

Persona 5 Royal is an enhanced/expanded version of Persona 5.

Persona 5 Strikers is a sequel to Persona 5.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Persona 4 Golden is an enhanced/expanded version of Persona 4.

Persona 5 Royal is an enhanced/expanded version of Persona 5.

Persona 5 Strikers is a sequel to Persona 5.
They are the main games in the series, am I right?
I see that there is a Persona 4 Arena, Persona Q, and dancing games in the wiki

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
They are the main games in the series, am I right?
I see that there is a Persona 4 Arena, Persona Q, and dancing games in the wiki
Persona 4 Arena is a direct sequel to Persona 4 and Persona 3, Persona 4 Dancing is a sequel to Persona 4 Golden. Both are spin offs though due to their gameplay. Yes they have story modes and yes they are canon.

Persona Q is a crossover between Persona 3/4 that takes place during both games due to time travel fuckery and has the gameplay of Etrian Odyssey, Another series by Atlus. Its canon but the characters lose their memories at the end of the game so it doesnt really matter.

Timeline wise it goes:

Persona 3 -> Persona 4 -> Persona 4 Arena -> Persona 4 Arena Ultimax -> Persona 4 Golden True End -> Persona 4 Dancing -> Persona 5 -> Persona 5 Scramble

also Persona Q -> Persona Q2 are kinda in their own timeline its weird dont think about it.

Dec 5, 2018
Arena is an anime fighter an technically a sequel to 3 and 4, and (not so) fun fact one of the only region-locked ps360 games.
SMT if -> Persona 1 -> Persona 2 innocent sin -> Persona 2 Eternal punishment -> Persona 3 -> Persona 4 -> Persona 4 Arena -> Persona 4 Arena Ultimax -> Persona 4 Golden True End -> Persona 4 Dancing -> Persona 5 -> Persona 5 Scramble
Let's make this even longer (and I'm probably missing some games)

• Toucan
Reactions: Arsene
Dec 5, 2018
Everyone seems to only talk Persona 3-5, what about 1 and 2? Are those worthwhile or should you skip them?
Eh, I did mention them ;).

P1 is ... basically an old school dungeon crawler, and if you ever want to play it you should play the PSP version, while I liked the game I'm not sure I'd ever replay it.
P2 (IS/EP) are fine and I'd like them in a modern system but I doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Eh, I did mention them ;).

P1 is ... basically an old school dungeon crawler, and if you ever want to play it you should play the PSP version, while I liked the game I'm not sured I'd ever replay it.
P2 (IS/EP) are fine and I'd like them in a modern system but I doubt that will ever happen.
Noted that the PSP version of Persona 1 has different music from the original. A big downgrade if you ask me.

But it is much faster paced, has QOL changes and added content. So PSP version is a better entry point, even though it is not a remaster without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.