Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Speaking of TGA reveals, give me Legacy of Kain remasters or give me death!

What people have already found is interesting. I'm honestly shocked Gremlin Nob is getting so many kills in this list. The Act 1 bosses make sense, but I would've expected random Act 2 fights to be responsible for way more deaths than the Act 1 elites.
Act 1 elites are always brutal and can easily kill you if you're unlucky with drops, particularly Gremlin Nob since he is a pure DPS race and there's nothing you can do to defend yourself besides beating him faster than he'll beat you.
By the end of act 2 if you don't have a good enough deck to beat the boss it's your fault and no amount of rng can change that.
I honestly don't find it that shocking that a lot more people die in act 1 than in act 2.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Haven got a nice banner.

I wasn't planning to buy any game this month except for Winter Sale but I forgot it was releasing this month. :notlikethisblob:

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
and apparently, most important are "all the friendships I made"
Want to hear something even better?
I too got the section about the important friendships I've made. But it was totally blank, since I have no friends on Ubisoft Connect... Nice algorithm you got there, Ubisoft...

I had 5 games played over 5 years. Seems a bit low of you ask me...

Favorite game was apparently Ghost Recon Wildlands... Where I "shoot first, ask questions later" whatever that is supposed to mean....

• Toucan
Reactions: Eferis and LEANIJA

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Want to hear something even better?
I too got the section about the important friendships I've made. But it was totally blank, since I have no friends on Ubisoft Connect... Nice algorithm you got there, Ubisoft...
thats exactly what I have as well! Only when Tizoc posted his, In realised there was supposed to be a number in that sentence. ;)

• This!
Reactions: FunnyJay

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Act 1 elites are always brutal and can easily kill you if you're unlucky with drops, particularly Gremlin Nob since he is a pure DPS race and there's nothing you can do to defend yourself besides beating him faster than he'll beat you.
By the end of act 2 if you don't have a good enough deck to beat the boss it's your fault and no amount of rng can change that.
I honestly don't find it that shocking that a lot more people die in act 1 than in act 2.
Eh, I think I got blown up by the Act 1 Elites a lot when I was first starting A20, but at this point, they don't feel very threatening, at least not directly. There's less variation at that early stage of the run, and you can reliably expect to take ~40 damage in the worst case from an Act 1 elite if you've been taking direct damage cards. It makes it possible to play safely around them, since they're so consistent. Honestly, the thing that scares me most in Act 1 is Slime Boss, because I have a knack for losing focus and accidentally splitting at like, 70~75 HP.

Act 2 hallway fights scare me more because it's so easy to overtune your deck for clearing Act 1, which leaves you unprepared for how suddenly the Act 2 fights can dish out big damage. You have to minimize defensive pickups in Act 1, then Act 2 comes along like, "Here's an avocado kicking you in the dick for 21+frail on turn 1. Should've taken the Shrug It Offs, idiot." It's so tricky to balance.

Reactions: QFNS

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I signed up for the Game Pass 3-month deal, let's see how my first experience with the Xbox app turns out.

The way Snapshot sold their backers to Epic is bad. The state Phoenix Point was launched in is even worse. Such shitty developers don't deserve my money.
Agreed. Julian Gollop is a god of gaming for me and I backed the Phoenix Point Fig campaign but I asked for a refund as soon as the news broke out and I'm not going to buy it on Steam. I just don't care about the game anymore.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
TIL Fenyx is available on Geforce Now.

I signed up for the Game Pass 3-month deal, let's see how my first experience with the Xbox app turns out.
Hope you get lucky. 🍀 Your experience will be:
  • either "everything is fine, I don't know what all the fuss is about",
  • or "well, I cannot get the game to run, there is no error message, and there is no hint/help online".

Last edited:

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Hope you get lucky. 🍀 Your experience will be:
  • either "everything is fine, I don't know what all the fuss is about",
  • or "well, I cannot get the game to run, there is no error message, and there is no hint/help online".
I had a new PC at the time when I was gifted Game Pass so I luckily had no issues.

My previous PC though... it was a nightmare.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
When I click to subscribe gamepass for PC the description that pops up only mentions that I'm paying 1 for the first month and will be charged 9.99 for subsequent months. No mention of the 2 free months.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I'm downloading Forza Horizon 4 and the dowload list show two entries downloading simultaneously, Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition. Is this normal?

Reactions: Shahem

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

Oh wow. Creeper world 4 just came out. I was fairly obsessed with Creeper World 3 some years ago, but for some reason I can't quite get behind this move to 3d. It just sorta looks ugly I guess. I don't want to fuss with a camera either. I want to clikclikclik. I'll try the demo but ...

It reminds me of that TA Spring project back in the day to bring Total Annihilation into 3d. I hated that too. I mean this game actually looks like TA Spring from way back then. Where it was kinda ugly and bland, whereas TA was a beautiful ugly.
Either that or burn out horribly by the same age.
I don't know. No doubt I would've been super cool as a rich and somewhat famous teenage boy who did nothing but play video games online for a solid decade. What could go wrong?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Wait, can Rockstar check whether you are playing on Shadow?
Not by IP, they just disallow virtualized hardware. It's a blanket thing. Besides, given the bulk nature of their hardware, it's not very hard to identify its signature even if they managed to spoof the virtualization check itself.

Edit : Genshin Impact also does this. Can't play it on Shadow.

Last edited:

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'm going down the vets tomorrow to have my cat put down. I've known she has cancer for almost 6 months, she had a surgery to cut it out which didn't work, and the cancer spread everywhere. She at the end now as her quality of life has diminished significantly over the last few days,
I'm heartbroken despite knowing for months that its been coming and that there would never be enough time. She's had a good long life and been spoilt rotten since the day she came to us as a young adult rescue cat from the RSPCA. Goodbye to best cat Storm, I'll miss you.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Arise: A Simple Story not receiving a launch discount while it has a discount right now on EGS sucks hard. Will wait for a sale.
What a huge disappointment from a formerly very pro-consumer company like Techland. It seems Epic really brings up the worst for certain companies in the games industry. I hope people will vote with their wallets, and I hope that Dying Light 2 will be a normal multistore release.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I'm going down the vets tomorrow to have my cat put down. I've known she has cancer for almost 6 months, she had a surgery to cut it out which didn't work, and the cancer spread everywhere. She at the end now as her quality of life has diminished significantly over the last few days,
I'm heartbroken despite knowing for months that its been coming and that there would never be enough time. She's had a good long life and been spoilt rotten since the day she came to us as a young adult rescue cat from the RSPCA. Goodbye to best cat Storm, I'll miss you.
That's a damn fine beast. I'm glad it had a great life.

• Hug
Reactions: LEANIJA and kafiend

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
My condolences. I still miss my dog after all these years, cherished the memories.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

What a beauty. It feels terrible to see a beloved companion go, but as long as you cherish the memories they’ll be a part of you for your entire life, and they’ll continue to make you smile even long after they’re gone. I’m sure they were lucky to have a dedicated friend in you!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
What a beautiful cat. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've had a lovely cat for the last 18 months or so. She's still very young and hopefully she has a long time left, but the day you're facing right now terrifies me. It scares me so much I can't even fathom what you're going through right now. 😥

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Played Immortals: Fenyx Rising all day, like 6 hours. It's a lot of fun, but sadly badly optimized. It looks far less detailed than Valhalla, Legion, Odyssey, Origins etc. yet requires much more of your hardware. Weird, but Im playing at 60 fps thanksfully.

Perhaps thye biggest game suprise of the year for me. It's simply a lot of fun.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Thank you for the kind words folks, its really appreciated. I've been through this a few times as we always have an older rescue cat so I always know where we will end up and how much it hurts.

What a beautiful cat. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've had a lovely cat for the last 18 months or so. She's still very young and hopefully she has a long time left, but the day you're facing right now terrifies me. It scares me so much I can't even fathom what you're going through right now. 😥
I've gone through it a few times over the years and know you can't be worrying when there is nothing to worry about.
Just enjoy the time and don't let needless worry colour how you feel about things.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Played Immortals: Fenyx Rising all day, like 6 hours. It's a lot of fun, but sadly badly optimized. It looks far less detailed than Valhalla, Legion, Odyssey, Origins etc. yet requires much more of your hardware. Weird, but Im playing at 60 fps thanksfully.

Perhaps thye biggest game suprise of the year for me. It's simply a lot of fun.
Try out the new Nvidia Drivers that came out today.

Only played Fenyx Rising for an hour, so things might change, but the game is running around the 100 fps mark during general gameplay for me.
It is significantly faster than Valhalla, Origins and Odyssey on my system.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Try out the new Nvidia Drivers that came out today.

Only played Fenyx Rising for an hour, so things might change, but the game is running around the 100 fps area during general gameplay for me.
It is significantly faster than Valhalla, Origins and Odyssey on my system.
I have it, so not that. Weird, Valhalla and Legions runs better. Maybe a restart of my PC will do it, but it's not like I need it much, I do get 60 fps.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Well, I'm glad to see some companies fixing unjust regional pricing for once.
To think it launched with a nearly AAA game price tag felt like an insult to certain affected consumers.
We need more Happy Endings like this one.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

good night sweet prince :negative-blob:
I made my peace with that a while ago already
Hmmm actually the dev tweeted on December 2: "Yep still being worked on, nothing new to show yet but you can join our discord where we post some more content/news. "

Sooo what Mor said on Twitter about this becoming and exclusive of some sort might turn out to be true. The timing with TGA is a bit too convenient.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Just finished Gears 5 and overall i liked it a lot. Really good looking game. High production value. Pretty linear shooty bang bang but with a decent story (dont remember anything from previous Gears so it was all a bit disjointed). Liked seeing Marcus again..

Well worth the 8 quid it was in the sale.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Just finished Gears 5 and overall i liked it a lot. Really good looking game. High production value. Pretty linear shooty bang bang but with a decent story (dont remember anything from previous Gears so it was all a bit disjointed). Liked seeing Marcus again..

Well worth the 8 quid it was in the sale.
Or you could be cheap-ass like me and spend a $1 for a month of gamepass to finish the bloody thing.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Well, I'm glad to see some companies fixing unjust regional pricing for once.
To think it launched with a nearly AAA game price tag felt like an insult to certain affected consumers.
We need more Happy Endings like this one.
Nice. Good on the devs.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Update on EITR: one of the devs said on their Discord that they didnt take it down or cancel it and Devolver manages their Steam page. He said its not an epic exclusive and didnt know anything about it being taken down, and will ask Devolver whats up. We'll see.
If it becomes EGS timed exclusive (and I still think it will as it matches the development hell category) it will be something between Epic and Devolver, might not even be a thing known from the devs at all. Unfortunately it would not be the first this happens.

Again, timing is perfect for the event EGS reel :thinking-face:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
If it becomes EGS timed exclusive (and I still think it will as it matches the development hell category) it will be something between Epic and Devolver, might not even be a thing known from the devs at all. Unfortunately it would not be the first this happens.

Again, timing is perfect for the event EGS reel :thinking-face:
Yeah its absolutely not beneath Devolver to pull shady stuff like that. The exchange on Discord went like this:

[22:49] Nanaki: Hi. EITR was removed from Steam Store few minutes ago. Why? Is it canceled?
[22:50] Eadous: No not cancelled, I actually don't control the store page, so I'm assuming it was just taken down temporarily
[22:53] Eidolen: Damn, just checked, rip my wishlisting for it. Ahahha
[22:55] Nanaki: I figured the game was maybe going to be an epic exclusive. Am I wrong?
[22:56] Eadous: 😮 you know I didn't know it would take down the wishlists, and it's not an epic exclusive.
[22:57] Nanaki: Ok, thank you
[22:57] Eidolen: That's a good question though, how does a steam listing for a game work? Is it devolver digital that manages the listing?
[22:57] Cake for Mumm-Ra: That sucks. I hope it reappears on everyone's wishlist.
[22:58] Eadous: ye they manage all that side of it
[22:58] Eadous: will have to ask and find out 👍
[23:07] Fins: I believe the companies have their producer profiles, so it might be up to Devolver to put the listing back on if Valve isn't responsible.

With Eadous being one of the devs (and its a 2 man team). Make of it what you will. He states its not exclusive, but maybe he just doesnt know it yet. However, if Devolver would want to make it egsclusive, they wouldnt really need to take the page down, right? Plenty of others left theirs up, and Valve encourages devs to do just that, leave the pages up. So... maybe someone at Devolver made a mistake? Maybe there was a backroom deal. We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.