Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I haven't logged in to Steam for weeks so i'd totally forgotten that there was a sale on and the Player Choice Awards. I've no idea what i'll vote for tbh.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Both of these are EGSxclusives that are releasing today/tommorrow.

Phoenix Point is releasing today, for some reason I thought it was releasing the 10th (edit: it was releasing next week, but they moved it forward because of CP2077).

The new 1.9 Polaris update that is releasing with the Steam version is invalidating all saves (so the progreess people have made with the game on PC game pass and on EGS will be wiped). People are calling the EGS/Game pass version for a beta test. :p

But a welcome one?
I was gonna write it, but didn't bother. :p

Last edited:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
persona 5 royal is already coming, i tested that concurrently when persona 4 testing was happening ( i didnt know persona 4 was actually a thing until it was announced) dunno when royal is coming but testing finished a while ago now but i know a few other things that finished testing and asre being sat on aswell
Damn, casually dropping those bombs.
As much as I love P5R I don't see myself replaying it anytime soon, the game is incredibly long, between P5 and P5R I spent over 250 hours (that's a single playthrough of each) and my PS4 copy will run on PS5 if I ever feel the need to revisit it (God knows when I'll be able to afford a PS5 though).
I'd be more excite for P3, emulation is a thing but having it on steam is much more convenient.
Holding out on Catherine FB is really testing my patience though, there will probably only be news of a PC port when I buy the damn game.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I know that the G Impact game did really well and a lot of people play it and stuff but do a lot of people in the west "play it" since it's the lowest In that chart. I haven't played it and I also didn't vote for it either.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I am knee deep in a google search about publishing software, even though I'm a failed writer who never wrote and have no zine to publish.
I don't even have a funny comment about how bizarre it is.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I know that the G Impact game did really well and a lot of people play it and stuff but do a lot of people in the west "play it" since it's the lowest In that chart. I haven't played it and I also didn't vote for it either.
Genshin Impact seems to be doing fairly well. I see people talking about it but not huge numbers. I know some people dropped it after some recent drama with the publisher & dev and the vtuber community but i doubt that was a huge number of players. The Meta thread still has regular activity but i think most have moved on or are chatting in dedicated forums/communities/discords that discuss drop rates and stuff like that. That's just tales from my ass tho and what i've noticed in my web wanderings.

Li Kao You just missed NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) but have a look at StoryBundle and have a look for some NaNoWriMo sites as they'll have some good tips for tools to get you started again.
StoryBundle - NaNo Tools

Reactions: Li Kao

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
For some reason I decided to write down my TGA voting

Best game: only played Doom eternal and didnt particularly like it :p Voted for it anyway.
Best game direction: only played Alyx, voted for that..
Best narrative: didnt play any of these... voted for Hades because people here like it.
Best art direction: only played Ori, voted for that.
Best score and music: at least I've listened to the music of Hades, and of course Doom and Ori. Voted for Doom.
Best audio design: Played 3 out of 5, yay. Voted HL Alyx.
Best perfomance: couldnt possibly tell, so went with Hades again.
Games for Impact: didnt play any of them. Voted for Tell me why because lashman likes it.
Best onging: havent played any of these. Voted Destiny 2 randomly.
Best indie: only played Fall Guys and Spiritfarer. Voted Hades instead.
Best mobile game: havent played any of these, voted for Genshin because people here liked it.
Best community support: only played Fall Guys, so voted that.
Best VR: Only played Alyx, voted for that.
INNOVATION IN ACCESSIBILITY: havent played any of these. Voted for Grounded because at least I played the demo which was ok.
BEST ACTION: Only played Doom and Alyx... voted for Alyx.
BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE: Played some Fallen Order as well as Ori. Voted for Ori.
BEST ROLE PLAYING oh my god why are there so many categories and why am I even taking this down. Didnt play any of this, went with Wasteland 3 for no reason.
BEST FIGHTING: didnt play any of them, voted for MK 11 randomly.

Oh. the site crashed after already glitching around like crazy before.
Reloading... it saved my votes. Good. Continuing...

BEST FAMILY: Only played Fall Guys. Voted Animal Crossing because a friend of mine loves that game.
BEST SIM/STRATEGY: Voted MS Flight Simulator (also played CK3)
BEST SPORTS/RACING: Voted Dirt 5 even tho I didnt play any of these
BEST MULTIPLAYER: only played Fall Guys, voted that. Its multiplayer where you dont need to talk to other humans, my favourite kind of multiplayer.
BEST DEBUT GAME: despite owning Röki and Raji, I didnt play them yet. I did play Rajis demo tho, so I voted for that.
CONTENT CREATOR OF THE YEAR, BEST ESPORTS COACH, BEST ESPORTS EVENT, BEST ESPORTS ATHLETE: wtf are these categories? dont know these people, didnt vote.

BEST ESPORTS GAME: didnt play any of these, not even CS:GO (I know), but voted for that because its Valve ;)

Oh cool the shite site crashed again. But, upon reload, looks like I reached the end anyway. ok

Reactions: Pommes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Phogs looks fun and the price is too high for me due to the amount of other games releasing, so I will try it via game pass, don't know if it comes to PC game pass, but Im downloading it on Xbox game pass.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Is Shiren good for someone who plays a lot of rogue likes or will it feel too simple? The only mystery dungeon style game I played was the FF Chocobo one and got bored with that after a few days.
Probably not. Shiren is on the more complex and challenging side of Mystery Dungeon games, but it's still going to feel simplistic and easy compared to any of the sprawling YASD-simulators out there.

Reactions: rybrad

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

:lul:

My Ubisoft Connect wrap up is very sad.
89 hours played in 5 years. 8 games played total. Favourite games are AC Syndicate (42 hrs), Far Cry 5 (19 hrs) and AC Odyssey (18 hrs)... and apparently, most important are "all the friendships I made"
I have exactly 1 friend on my Ubi friendslist, and its someone I've known for 20 years and is on my friendslist everywhere, basically.

~
edited playtime according to the Uplay client directly.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

My Ubisoft Connect wrap up is very sad.
89 hours played in 5 years. 8 games played total. Favourite games are AC Syndicate, Far Cry 5 and AC Odyssey (which I played maybe 8-10 hrs, not more)... and apparently, most important are "all the friendships I made"
I have exactly 1 friend on my Ubi friendslist, and its someone I've known for 20 years and is on my friendslist everywhere, basically.
Can't Steam do something similar? Would like to know what games I have played most this year :D

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Shiren shares roguelike traits but clearly also differs a lot as it's generally far less punishing, has more of a story focus like an rpg. I'd call it a dungeon crawler personally. Then again even roguelites are just called roguelikes these days so I guess it's more of a roguelike than many of those and still qualifies. I dunno.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Just got an email saying Haven has been released.
I can´t afford any games right now but I'm very curious about this one, if anyone here buys it please post some impressions.

Edit: just realized the game is on gamepass which can be bought for 1 euro right now.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Here is mine

Guess I hadn't played Rayman Legends that much XD Also, I am certain I played more than 4 games on Uplay :V
But no, non of those games would qualify as 'my favourite' :V I mainly played Division due to it being free and co-op with my friend.

GoodCoffeeJoey

Apr 24, 2019
How does it compare to the PS2 era games? Does it basically hold up to the older ones? That would be good enough for me. I loved AC7 but I don't expect that level.
It holds up decently enough to the PS2 games and even to AC6, but it doesn't compare that great to AC7. HAWX would be the closest comparison to it in quality I think. It very clearly a fan game, and some of the Project Wingman missions I've played so far are directly riffing on missions from AC4 and AC6. I think I've completed around 1/4-1/3 of the campaign and I haven't touched the other gamemode.

Reactions: Wildebeet

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
It holds up decently enough to the PS2 games and even to AC6, but it doesn't compare that great to AC7. HAWX would be the closest comparison to it in quality I think. It very clearly a fan game, and some of the Project Wingman missions I've played so far are directly riffing on missions from AC4 and AC6. I think I've completed around 1/4-1/3 of the campaign and I haven't touched the other gamemode.
That's good news. I was skeptical because of the relatively low price and the sudden launch of the game, but that sounds good enough to me. Going way over budget on games this month. Thanks for the impressions.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Now I'm wondering which games I should focus on during those 3 months of gamepass aside from Haven. Hellblade is definitely another one.
No way I can finish Tales of Vesperia or any big rpg in 3 months.

These services have their advantages, especially with a crazy deal like this one, but I'm old fashioned and like to own my games. If I really like some of these games I guess I can buy the steam versions during a sale later.

Anyone know when this gamepass deal ends?

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just got an email saying Haven has been released.
I can´t afford any games right now but I'm very curious about this one, if anyone here buys it please post some impressions.

Edit: just realized the game is on gamepass which can be bought for 1 euro right now.
Aren't you renting it for $1, more like? :p

Have some Haven reviews~

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Seems like Koei Tecmo doesn't want to sell a single copy in South America anymore lmao. They went full EA.

I guess I'm not playing Ryza 2 for a few years until it gets a price drop or something.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Arsene

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Speaking of RDR2, just a reminder if you didn't know that they have removed the ability to play it on a virtual machine. That means that if you had bought it to play it on Shadow, well you are SOL.
Wait, can Rockstar check whether you are playing on Shadow?

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019

Seems like Koei Tecmo doesn't want to sell a single copy in South America anymore lmao. They went full EA.

I guess I'm not playing Ryza 2 for a few years until it gets a price drop or something.
They're trying to match the price with the thighs size :steam_pigblanket:

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

:blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

That's a lot of data for The Best Game. I really hope we get some deep analyses out of this, because there's bound to be fascinating stuff in there.

What people have already found is interesting. I'm honestly shocked Gremlin Nob is getting so many kills in this list. The Act 1 bosses make sense, but I would've expected random Act 2 fights to be responsible for way more deaths than the Act 1 elites. That thread also has a list of first-floor card picks in winning A20 runs. Most of them seem standard enough: strong cards + basic attacks. But then... There are apparently a bunch of maniac players. Taking stuff like Reflex, Second Wind, or Fire-Breathing first floor and still managing to kill the Heart? JFC, the absolute madlads.

Reactions: QFNS and Arc

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Haven looks good. Maybe I'll get around to playing it when I finish some other games...haha...:crying-face:
The RPS review convinced it might be worth playing, as up to this point, it looked completely uninteresting to me

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Elden Ring, Bloodborne Remastered, Silent Hill, there’s so much that Doritos Pope can deliver on. Which is exactly why none of them will happen.
Get ready for expensive car commercial to celebrate the ANNOUNCEMENT of a new Forza game~ Which will be longer than the actual new Forza announcement, by being a mere teaser.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Elden Ring, Bloodborne Remastered, Silent Hill, there’s so much that Doritos Pope can deliver on. Which is exactly why none of them will happen.
I could totally see Elden Ring making an appearance. Bloodborne Remaster though ? Far more unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.