Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
The PC port of Shiren is slightly janky. The game doesn't recognize my Xbox controller and I have to force Steam controller settings. While this is mostly fine, I cannot move diagonally with the D-pad and instead have to use the analog stick. It's not a dealbreaker, but I hope it gets patched in the future.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
The R word is "Retard".
Folx is supposed to mean "Folks" but in a more inclusive manner because it also includes non-binary people etc.
Now you might want to say "Folks" is already all-inclusive and you'd be right to make that point, but the idea is that by Folx, you are going out of your way to signalboost you don't just mean everyone (men and women) but everyone (men, women and non-binary).

Your last point is actually a good point that i haven't thought about much before, i'm extremely online and up2date with internet slang and the likes and even i get sometimes confused when reading some woke 19 year olds tweets.
OK, I can't keep up with this. Folx? I totally get the blind thing, but why change a word that didn't have any issues to begin with?

Reactions: Lashley

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ace Combat 7 for 17.5 euros on Gamesplanet France
Tempting. I would have liked to play the series from the beginning, but man that's rough.

Reactions: Wildebeet

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Tempting. I would have liked to play the series from the beginning, but man that's rough.
It was my first foray into proper ac majnline series
And it was a blast. Get it if that price interests you else wait for humble choice.

Reactions: Li Kao

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
The PC port of Shiren is slightly janky. The game doesn't recognize my Xbox controller and I have to force Steam controller settings. While this is mostly fine, I cannot move diagonally with the D-pad and instead have to use the analog stick. It's not a dealbreaker, but I hope it gets patched in the future.
You could probably customise the steam input setting to register the d pad diagonally. Its very versatile. Bit of a faff though.

Reactions: Arc

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

I am torn about Tabletop Playground. I managed to get the game for cheap thanks to Humble Choice. I have completed the tutorial, and it seems perfectly fine in terms of functionality (grab pieces, draw cards, flip objects, etc.). I was impressed by how smoothly it works. However:
  • the player-base is non-existent, and I don't know if I would like to play with strangers anyway,
  • the workshop is not hosted by Steam, which is a bit cumbersome,
  • it is not obvious whether I will play the game with some of my friends. For instance, why play chess this way when there is lichess ?
  • it is not obvious to convince people to fork 15€ for this kind of game.
So, I am thinking about collecting a few keys from Group Buys for cheap to send to friends. I think the game will go for cheap in a week or two once Humble starts dishing out discounts, because I don't think it is a headliner for this month's Humble Anime Choice. I have seen keys go for this price, but there are not many group buys.

Edit: It reminds me that I have never bought Tabletop Simulator because I always expect it to appear in a bundle. :lul:

The playerbase is not the same. :kappa: Playground vs. Simulator: literally 1000x smaller.

vs.

Last edited:

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
It should recognize the controller without Steam Input, but you need to tell it to in the launcher. The option there is defaulted to K+M, and it'll only acknowledge one input at a time. The diagonals still don't work though, so back to Steam input!

Reactions: Arc

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
It is an amazing game in a great series. Maybe check out Wingman, haven't played that one myself but has a good price and seems to be received well (VR support as well).

Reactions: Li Kao

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
You don't need to worry about that so much, I mean the storyline is kinda batshit (not MGS levels, but kinda not meant to be taken seriously entirely). It's almost like worrying about the story in a shmup. You fly the jet and shoot stuff. If you want though, the game emulates well in PCSX2, not sure about Xenia for AC6.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
El Shaddai on PC is neat. When I was giving away my Xbox 360 games last year I kept a few because of missing PC versions. Among the El Shaddai because I thought it will probably be BC on Xbox Series X at some point plus 4K and auto HDR seemed like a no brainer.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I don't care if someone says it's a bad/mediocre game. I still wanna play it due to the art style.
It's a harmless hack n slash that was mostly panned for being a 8 hour single player game in 2011.

Like the game is not bad at all. Uninspired gameplay wise maybe, not worth 60 bucks maybe, but definitely not bad.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
El Shaddai is coming to steam! :)
Did someone buy up Ignition's catalogue/if it was owned by Disney, are they finally realizing it and are releasing it?
This was one of the games I kept a ps3 around for (until recently), so I guess I don't need to emulate it anymore :D

Reactions: lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I've wanted to play El Shaddai since reading about it back when I subscribed to game magazines. Cool!
I hear the gameplay kinda sucks but I'm still interested.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Kinda crazy that there is an movie and now TV-series about this small indie horror game.
The movie at least was pretty decent so I don't mind.
yeah ... and it's a good game too ... extremely good even

• This!
Reactions: mssq

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You don't need to worry about that so much, I mean the storyline is kinda batshit (not MGS levels, but kinda not meant to be taken seriously entirely). It's almost like worrying about the story in a shmup. You fly the jet and shoot stuff. If you want though, the game emulates well in PCSX2, not sure about Xenia for AC6.
All the more reason ! If it was some rotten Tom Clancy shit, yeah, but batshit is cool.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Very pleasantly surprised about El Shaddai :)

That said I remember hearing it wasn't very good outside of the artstyle :face-with-cold-sweat:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
For some reason I get the feeling that blind people don’t really use Twitch that much in the first place.
of course they do ... there are podcasts (or is it called something else when there's video involved as well? i don't know, lol) and other shows on twitch as well ... it's not just gameplay

hell, there are even blind people streaming games ... not to mention the fact that by now there are plenty of games that are audio-based (like, they don't display any graphics at all ... you have to play them based only on what's going on with the audio)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
of course they do ... there are podcasts (or is it called something else when there's video involved as well? i don't know, lol) and other shows on twitch as well ... it's not just gameplay

hell, there are even blind people streaming games ... not to mention the fact that by now there are plenty of games that are audio-based (like, they don't display any graphics at all ... you have to play them based only on what's going on with the audio)
I don't think the poster said that blind people don't use Twitch, just not that much, at least compared to people who are not blind.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I don't think the poster said that blind people don't use Twitch, just not that much, at least compared to people who are not blind.
i imagine that depends on what they participate in ... if it's podcasts and whatnot ... and it's not like they can't use the chat either, since that's text-based

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
i imagine that depends on what they participate in ... if it's podcasts and whatnot ... and it's not like they can't use the chat either, since that's text-based
Maybe the poster didn't know there are podcasts on Twitch? Cause I didn't until I read your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.