Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Hello everyone. Long time no see.
These past few months have been nightmarishly hard and depressing and to avoid being a downer and bring everyone down I've been mostly lurking from time to time, hoping for brighter and better days. I want to think the worst is now behind me so here I am trying to move forward.

On topic, thanks lashman for the great and informative thread.

I was somewhat disappointed with the latest sale. Spent a good amount of time looking for a good deal on a turn-based rpg or a turn-based tactics game and couldn't find anything that grabbed my eye. The only game that seemed like what I was looking for was The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk but it's still too pricey. In fact, other than BG3 and Solasta (both EA), there's a surprisingly lack of non-japanese-like rpgs to play right now. Any recomendations or new releases to look forward to?

Decided to postpone getting CP2077 to ~2years from now. By that time there'll hopefully be a complete/goty edition and I intend to get a new PC in mid-2023. I can easily avoid major spoilers and even I don't I'll probably forget about them in the meantime. Besides I'm not in a good mental and physical position to give the game the time it deserves/demands right now.

Regarding the next humble choice, since we got Darksiders 3 the last month it's possible we'll get Darksiders Genesis in this one. Other than that my guesses are The Banner Saga 3, Druidstone and Plague Tale.
Welcome back, and I've got the list just for you!

2020 releases:
Broken Lines
Dreadlands
Troubleshooter
Empire of Sin

Upcoming:
Trudogard (EA, full release in a month or two)
Encased (EA, full release in mid 2021)
Colony Ship (2021)
Dark Envoy (2021)
King Arthur: Knight's Tale (2021)
Zoria: Age of Shattering (2021)

There are also some other TBA games that I'm looking forward to, like Shadow of th Road, Project Haven, Project Witchstone and Black Legend.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Yeah I don't bother selling anything that has value below 10 cents, I use them for crafting and everything that is actually worth something I sell, I've found that it almost funds itself.
Do you buy the missing cards for badges, or trade for them?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Demon's Souls Remake is doing far worse than I expected. I knew that it wouldn't sell that much as Spidey caters to a far wider audience, but this is worse than I thoughts.

I hope the rumors of a PC version is true because if it is anything like I think it is (having played the game on PS3), it deserves far better sales.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Played a bit of Gears 5 in coop. Was fun playing with a mate. Otherwise it is Gears ass Gears so far. It's alright but also kind of shrug. Looks pretty, feels good but also so were the other 4 I played

Probably will put down the difficulty from experienced to intermediate because enemies take too many bullets for my liking. I will never get over that most shooters have higher difficulty attached to "they take more bullets!" instead of "here are more enemies" or anything else that isn't a bullet sponge

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I hope the rumors of a PC version is true because if it is anything like I think it is (having played the game on PS3), it deserves far better sales.
Let it go, Sony! Together with the other 1st part news that underperformed: The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 1 + 2. Maybe a little Shadow o/t Colossus too, pretty please? 😁

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Played a bit of Gears 5 in coop. Was fun playing with a mate. Otherwise it is Gears ass Gears so far. It's alright but also kind of shrug. Looks pretty, feels good but also so were the other 4 I played

Probably will put down the difficulty from experienced to intermediate because enemies take too many bullets for my liking. I will never get over that most shooters have higher difficulty attached to "they take more bullets!" instead of "here are more enemies" or anything else that isn't a bullet sponge
I'm enjoying it so far. Playing solo. The last Gears game i played was i think 2 so its been a long while. Its definitely a very nice looking game but yeah, i play for about an hour each time before it gets a bit samey.

I also dislike the 'take more bullets' difficulty. I just play on intermediate to get through the story. Even then it feels a bit like they are bullet sponges.

Reactions: BlueOdin

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Evn the rtx 3060ti is getting sold out as soon as they're available for purchase everywhere. People are buying them at $500+.

Is this the beginning of the end of PC gaming? :pensive-face:
Nah, it's always the same with big product launches only this time it's made worse by COVID. I do think retailers need to get their act together about scalper bots tho. I think a catalogue copmpany in the UK, Very, has cancelled ~1,000 PS5 orders that were likely from scalper teams so there's some pushback starting. Although companies want your money if people have stopped looking for these products due to scalpers and bots getting the stock first then it's not good for your long-term business.

Ha, who am i kidding. It's a token gesture isn't it?

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Evn the rtx 3060ti is getting sold out as soon as they're available for purchase everywhere. People are buying them at $500+.

Is this the beginning of the end of PC gaming? :pensive-face:
I don't think so. It's more of a clearly problematic production process, covid perhaps not helping matters and a big jump in performance at the turn of the generation. I'm contemplating buying hardware if my situation improves and this is disheartening for me too, but I think there is nothing to do but wait for them to sort this out.

And prepare the popcorn to laugh at scalpers with unsold inventory once this gets resolved.

Reactions: QFNS
Dec 5, 2018
In the before time (just last year) it took me about 4 months to get a 3900x (lower end CPUs had stock faster, tho), but i guess covid is making this worse.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
My RTX 2070 will be fine for a long while but i'm looking for a new mobo to replace my Gaming 7 Wifi as i'm getting frequent random BSOD and i suspect it's the motherboard. There's just too many options, lol. Oh, woe is me! :)

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Demon's Souls Remake is doing far worse than I expected. I knew that it wouldn't sell that much as Spidey caters to a far wider audience, but this is worse than I thoughts.

I don't see why Queen would make that up really. It's obviously not confirmed but very likely at this point.

We will have to be patient. It won't be on Steam before November 2021 at the earliest.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I'm still entirely happy with my GTX 1060.
Me too. It should be fine for now as games will still be cross-gen for another year or two. But if this shortage continues by then, the price wouldn't go down as I'm hoping for. Even the rtx 20xx are still very pricey in here, thanks to the strong US$ currency, import tax, as well as retailers margins.

People who live in a country with gaming companies' official presence should be grateful. You are privileged.

Reactions: PhaZZe and QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Don't be a sucker. Everyone has been waiting for a long time to get new cards that feel worth it, no reason to rush to upgrade now. Wait till July 2021 or whatever when cards will be readily available at MSRP.

• This!
Reactions: xinek and madjoki

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Is it playable with mouse and kb, or should I stick with a controller?

Reactions: BlueOdin

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Everyone who already wanted to try that game already did back in PS3. People returning to the game are just Souls nerds.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished Zone of the Enders 2
That holds up surprisingly well considering its age, but some parts of it were tedious. Should have played it on easy, lol.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I used to be an audiophile but now I've gone all gamer. To such degree that I'm using 7.1 surround on my razer headphones.XD I used to care about pure sound but now just want deep base on all explosions.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Hey, CA can be valuable as a postprocess tool, as long as it's done correctly and in moderation. Motion blur is the same way :p.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I'm still entirely happy with my GTX 1060.
I am still entirely content with my 1050 Ti. I mostly play smaller games and backlog stuff these days so I'm quite happy to wait until I can get a console-killer GPU at 250ish euros.

• This!

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I am still entirely content with my 1050 Ti. I mostly play smaller games and backlog stuff these days so I'm quite happy to wait until I can get a console-killer GPU at 250ish euros.
I almost got a 1050 instead, but I reasoned that this one goes up to 60. Though I think the 1050 didn't even have a fan, which is a point in favor as one of my case fans is grinding away next to me here. I'm also still running an ancient i7-2600 and the only thing I have to drop settings on is newer emulators. Definitely looking into a new PC build in the coming year though.

Dangerous Zombie

Sep 15, 2019

The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos is a free, total conversion mod for Gothic II: Gold Edition. It features a completely new open world, improved skills systems, gameplay mechanics and complex story.

Main goal of this project is to honour one the best classic cRPG and take the die-hard fans of the original Gothic trilogy as well as new players on one more adventure in the Kingdom of Myrtana.

FEATURES
  • Professional voice acting
  • Fully adhering to the lore of Gothic series
  • 40+ hours of expected playtime
  • Complex main plot with many twists and secrets to discover
  • Over 150 quests with multiple ways to complete them
  • Multidimensional characters with credible backstories and personal goals
  • Breathtaking soundtrack composed solely for the purpose of the mod
  • About 200 random events that the main character may encounter
  • New crafting system with activities, such as alchemy, cooking and magic scrolls writing
  • Rebalanced economy and items stats considering 20 years of Gothic players feedback
  • Expanded travel system with option to choose between magic teleports, boats and mercenary caravans
  • More than 100 new armors and weapons with unique visuals
A Gothic II total conversion mod, it looks promising.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
But will Cyberpunk meet expectations or be biggest let down of 2020? (No, there's nothing in between)
I feel like it'll be either

A) Fun but the fanbase will jack it off like the best thing since sliced bread
or B) Fun but not as good as everyone hoped and they'll act like its the worst game ever and a complete waste of money.

• Sad

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I was surprised to still hear the Undead Parish bell chime regularly in Dark Souls PTDE. Thought people would've moved on to the remaster by now, but it seems relatively lively all things considered. Neat! Also, I just now noticed that you can see the Moonlight Butterfly off in the distance as you enter Darkroot. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.