Community MetaSteam | December 2020 - Empire of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
next bloodborne test started today, so far alot of issues have been fixed since the last one,

also been invited to test another game which starts end of december, its a sequel to a game thats on steam and ill be doing a giveaway for that game for christmas ( the first game ofcourse)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Got 3 months of gamepass ultimate for only 1$
I may end up getting the 3-month deal, because there are so many good games to play, but the software is a bit of a pain.
I was on the verge of paying for it, and then I remembered:
  • it is not possible to use Game Pass with Geforce Now,
  • it is mandatory to download the game through the Windows store or the Game Pass App.

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Not a lot of sequels to steam games that I really want to play (which are not on Steam).

Persona 3/5
RDR1
Bayo 2

just some off the top of my head. I believe Persona stories are standalone anyways so they probably don't count anyway.

I may end up getting the 3-month deal, because there are so many good games to play, but the software is a bit of a pain.
I was on the verge of paying for it, and then I remembered:
  • it is not possible to use Game Pass with Geforce Now,
  • it is mandatory to download the game throught the Windows store or the Game Pass App.
A buck to mess around with Tetris Effect.

Doom Eternal and Impossible lair is coming soon too plus wtvr releases in Jan/Feb. Its a great deal even if Cyberpunk will take most of my playtime this month.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Not a lot of sequels to steam games that I really want to play (which are not on Steam).

Persona 3/5
RDR1
Bayo 2

just some off the top of my head. I believe Persona stories are standalone anyways so they probably don't count anyway.

A buck to mess around with Tetris Effect.

Doom Eternal and Impossible lair is coming soon too plus wtvr releases in Jan/Feb. Its a great deal even if Cyberpunk will take most of my playtime this month.
persona 5 royal is already coming, i tested that concurrently when persona 4 testing was happening ( i didnt know persona 4 was actually a thing until it was announced) dunno when royal is coming but testing finished a while ago now but i know a few other things that finished testing and asre being sat on aswell

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
next bloodborne test started today, so far alot of issues have been fixed since the last one,

also been invited to test another game which starts end of december, its a sequel to a game thats on steam and ill be doing a giveaway for that game for christmas ( the first game ofcourse)
How does 60 fps feel in Bloodborne? Is the frame pacing also gone?

taril360dz

Apr 17, 2019
Algeria
www.tarik-bouchikhi.cf
persona 5 royal is already coming, i tested that concurrently when persona 4 testing was happening ( i didnt know persona 4 was actually a thing until it was announced) dunno when royal is coming but testing finished a while ago now but i know a few other things that finished testing and asre being sat on aswell
what about P3 ? wasn't it confirmed by some reliable journalist ?

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Is it normal that when I click "see games" I see only 14 games in the xbox pass?

nvm it was the popular ones

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020

Not sure if you can talk that much about this, but something that’s been mentioned by another leaker in the past (I think RedGamingTech?) was that the remaster would have expanded content. Is this bullshit or legit?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Let's fucking goooo

It's out! Unlocked a couple of hours early than the Steam page originally said. One more Vita cart I can get rid of. :coffee-blob:
Pretty sweet regional pricing on my end. Fuck it, grabbing it now.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So a Cyberpunk QA dev said they played the game for 175hrs and still didn't 100% beat it.

Damn that is insane but I guess all the side stuff is really longer than everything in Witcher 3 because the main story is apparently shorter than the W3.

175 is not quite as large as Skyrim but its up there lol. Doing three different playthroughts + wtvr mods is gonna be long asf and that is not counting future multiplayer mode.

There is gonna be so many bugs and glitches in the game for first week. I think creating a character just to fuck around and wait for first couple of patches before advancing story is the best way to go.

Also a bit off topic but the past couple of months I (re)watched a bunch of Cyberpunkish and SyFy films leading to the game. Gotta say the obvious but the OG Blade Runner is still so fucking good. But the one film that really blew me away in rewatch was the Fifth Element. That movie still so good and holds up. They really don't make fun and dumb movies like that anymore. What a gem :photoblobheart:

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I got Project Wingman. Its a pretty good indie rotoscoping of Ace Combat. I would only recommend it to hardcore Ace Combat fans though.
How does it compare to the PS2 era games? Does it basically hold up to the older ones? That would be good enough for me. I loved AC7 but I don't expect that level.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
It's got better control customization than AC7 at least, proper choose function then press desired input/axis on your stick/pad/keyboard/whatever. And a simple screen to make it easy to map everything unlike say, Star Wars: Squadrons. I see some complaints about it in the user reviews and I'm like what, it's perfect. I'm not a huge Ace Combat fan, the game seems pretty fun and after the campaign is done may have better replayability with the Conquest mode.

Reactions: Wildebeet

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Playing Shiren, and oh goody, I found a scroll of recommendation! I can give it to a merchant to see the secret shop. Great! I'll just walk up to this guy and... How do I give it to him? The details said there was no reason to read it myself, so I guess I'll throw it instead...

Shiren did 2 damage to Shopkeeper.
Shopkeeper did 147 damage to Shiren.
:jj_mofo:

Really though, the game's great. It's got enough going on to be fun, but not so much as to be overwhelming (which is how trad roguelikes usually make me feel). PC port seems ok too. The only problems I've spotted are a 60fps lock and a weird controller quirk. You can move with d-pad or stick, but for some reason, you can't move diagonally with the d-pad. Oh well, a 60fps doesn't bother me in a game like this, and Steam input can fix the controller problems.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Bless you queenie~

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
There is this too

---

Oh hey it's December already.
Another source talking about cut content being reintroduced. I’m starting to wonder what cut content they’d add back in. I know there’s stuff like complete functional bosses that were removed entirely.

On the other hand, jesus christ another timed exclusive. All this waiting and they threw a couple extra months in just to salt the wound. Sony never fail to outdo themselves.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Sony are gonna be such assholes for doing that. Hopefully its no longer than 3-6 months.

PS5s are sold out anyways so I don't get the point of that shit. There is a ceiling to how many people will buy that game on PS5 regardless of timed exclusivity. Only thing you accomplish with that is you piss off PC gamers.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So a Cyberpunk QA dev said they played the game for 175hrs and still didn't 100% beat it.

Damn that is insane but I guess all the side stuff is really longer than everything in Witcher 3 because the main story is apparently shorter than the W3.

175 is not quite as large as Skyrim but its up there lol. Doing three different playthroughts + wtvr mods is gonna be long asf and that is not counting future multiplayer mode.

There is gonna be so many bugs and glitches in the game for first week. I think creating a character just to fuck around and wait for first couple of patches before advancing story is the best way to go.

Also a bit off topic but the past couple of months I (re)watched a bunch of Cyberpunkish and SyFy films leading to the game. Gotta say the obvious but the OG Blade Runner is still so fucking good. But the one film that really blew me away in rewatch was the Fifth Element. That movie still so good and holds up. They really don't make fun and dumb movies like that anymore. What a gem :photoblobheart:
I've beaten The Witcher 3 four times and I still haven't unlocked all the achievements, and I bet I'm still missing some quests and secrets. These RPGs are like that, need multiple playthroughs to complete.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018

It's time to add to the collection.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I put a couple of hours into Empire of Sin, and I think I'm going to stop until some patches hit. In its current state, the game is a mess. :crying-face:

First, it's incredibly buggy. Hit% previews sometimes break and don't show up until after you move. My ultimate attack kept being unavailable even when I had valid shots. Cover might be broken too, it's hard to tell. It seems like the game doesn't simulate your character taking a step out of cover to fire, so you get reduced hit% unless you expose yourself. Full cover often doesn't seem to provide as much defense as it should either. And on top of those issues, there are tons of audio and visual bugs.

The AI is atrocious as well, commonly sprinting from full-cover out into the open. Enemies regularly prioritize third-party targets, like cops, even when they absolutely shouldn't.

I don't even feel like I can judge the game on its design. Between the bugs and the AI, it's hard to even tell if the combat is good, let alone if the strategic layer is. I think there's still potential there, and I hope Romero Games are able to right the ship, but it's a long ways off at the moment. I really regret preordering this, and if anyone's still eyeing it, hold off unless the game gets some killer post-launch support.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Is Shiren good for someone who plays a lot of rogue likes or will it feel too simple? The only mystery dungeon style game I played was the FF Chocobo one and got bored with that after a few days.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just started Read Dead Online earlier, made my custom character, watched the early cutscene and sequences, and going through the tutorial mission.

It's good to be back in the wild west, riding my horse while enjoying the wilderness. There's really no decent substitute to Red Dead, it's such a niche genre.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Wait how?:D

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

Thanks again. You are taking a lot of risks and we appreciate that.
Honestly you are braver than I am. If I was involved in testing super highly anticipated games the mere thought of disclosing it would fry my brain.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Visual representation of "When you are already banned and I don't fucking care at all, lololol" thoughts.

7 banned apps, 2 groups of bots, 0 shame. :coffee-blob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Is RDR2 side activities diverse ?
Just a random thought, but the first one was really scarce in this domain. Main plot was good but there was barely anything to do on the side.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Is RDR2 side activities diverse ?
Just a random thought, but the first one was really scarce in this domain. Main plot was good but there was barely anything to do on the side.
Very. You can be a sheriff by hunting outlaws, or the opposite, become the outlaw by robbing banks/houses, killing random cowboy on the road, stealing carriage, etc. You can also go hunting the wildlife for their furs and leathers, as well as fishing and treasure hunting.There are also a lot of side quests/missions scattered throughout the map.

Reactions: Stevey and Li Kao

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Surely the sequel that queenie is testing is deadly premonition 2~

Very. You can be a sheriff by hunting outlaws, or the opposite, become the outlaw by robbing banks/houses, killing random cowboy on the road, stealing carriage, etc. You can also go hunting the wildlife for their furs and leathers, as well as fishing and treasure hunting.There are also a lot of side quests/missions scattered throughout the map.
Are these in red dead online?

Status
Not open for further replies.