Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I need cheap speakers for my mother's PC. I also don't want to buy trash speakers, just low end. What are my options ?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Logitech make decent cheap speakers.
What sort of budget?
This won't help, but the minimum ?
Let me explain, they are not for me, they are not to add to a great rig. They are to complete my repurposed 2500k / 970 in case my mother and me play something (which is still unknown) and because a PC without speakers feels weird.

I don't want to throw trash her way, but at the same time, if it doesn't output aggressively bad sounds, it will be good.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
OK, I cant seem to link this page for whatever reason
But just go on amazon and search for Logitech PC speakers and sort by price low to high, they all have decent reviews

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
OK, I cant seem to link this page for whatever reason
But just go on amazon and search for Logitech PC speakers and sort by price low to high, they all have decent reviews
This ?
Amazon product

I like the creative pebbles more but 10 euros more for this use case feels a little much (I don't disrespect my mother, she is just really not an audiophile).

Amazon product

• This!
Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
This ?
Amazon product

I like the creative pebbles more but 10 euros more for this use case feels a little much (I don't disrespect my mother, she is just really not an audiophile).

Amazon product
I had the first ones for a while. They are alright and practical because you can power them through USB, If it is within your budget maybe look at the Logitech Z200. These are speaker I currently use when I am not in the mood for headphones or have wet hair. Like the look of them. Downside would be that you need another socket-outlet.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
AHA-Lambda
I recorded a very small, quick side job I just did for you. Nothing complex, but I hope you get the idea.
No worries there are no spoilers.
I refuse to believe you just killed that innocent bystander. That was just an enthusiastic chiropractic adjustment.

But yeah, hacking is wonderful and makes me wish my build could afford points in Int. There's something to ghosting through a place with a non-lethal revolver, chocking people and deactivating cameras on the fly that makes you feel like a god damn cyberpunk ghost.

Though I do have one Deus Ex-related regret, I don't think most places have a control center for cameras and security devices? It seems to be a hand-placed thing, or maybe I'm not paying attention enough. It does happen but the capabilities seem to be a bit inconsistent. I still loved that one mission where I could emergency reset the entire penthouse's security and loot those sweet legendary components :p.

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Exqueeze me?
Original source, the advice is basically :

Try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials
It's pretty scary and playing on GFN, I'm not sure where my savefile size is at. But the game is predicated on crafting and looting, so I'm not sure at what magnitude the issue strikes :/.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Zwei Arges Adventure feels weeeeeird to play. Like the others early 2000's Falcom games, making a mouse based game (with input lag that is beyond filthy to begin with), and then converting joystick movement to mouse inputs...? It's... tough. Very tough.
But at least you don't have your mouse flying out of the window.

Will probably join Gurumin in my Falcom pile of "interesting, but unplayable back then and even worse now".

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Do you guys think we'll get 60% off for Death Stranding during winter seal? Or should I just bite the bullet now on Indie Gala?
I personally don't think so and I even posted a deal of it on wingamestore recently here which was the lowest recorded price (yes, a few cents lower than Epic's even).

Death Stranding - 60% off - 19,59€ (Steam) - First time purchasers can get an additional extra 5% off using "pcgames5off"

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Kvik and Swenhir

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
That better be a gigantic bag of chips if u payin that much for it
I assume it's retail box of 10 bags (so 1.75 kg).
The deal is buy 4 pay for 3. If you happen to need 40 bags of chips**.
Seems "Ungarisch" (whatever that is) is much cheaper.

** though you can mix with a lot of stuff too.

Too bad I have no idea what these kind of products should cost, so don't know if it's good deal.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Tizoc

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I assume it's retail box of 10 bags (so 1.75 kg).
The deal is buy 4 pay for 3. If you happen to need 40 bags of chips**.
Seems "Ungarisch" (whatever that is) is much cheaper.

** though you can mix with a lot of stuff too.

Too bad I have no idea what these kind of products should cost, so don't know if it's good deal.
"Ungarisch" is "Hungarian", their special paprika flavor. The 10-pack for oriental was 8,28€ a week ago. That was a really good price. Not anymore. 😅

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Zwei Arges Adventure feels weeeeeird to play. Like the others early 2000's Falcom games, making a mouse based game (with input lag that is beyond filthy to begin with), and then converting joystick movement to mouse inputs...? It's... tough. Very tough.
But at least you don't have your mouse flying out of the window.

Will probably join Gurumin in my Falcom pile of "interesting, but unplayable back then and even worse now".
Strong disagree. I loved my time with Zwei Eins, I loved how it played, the food mechanics, the adorable art style and naturally great music.
I totally had to make a map of the dungeon layout, though, no way anyone keeps that in their head without note keeping.

Zwei Zwei is also a great improvement on the first game, a fully 3D design that manages to stay true to the gameplay of the first one. The two games are only loosely connected, maybe you can give that one a try?

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Strong disagree. I loved my time with Zwei Eins, I loved how it played, the food mechanics, the adorable art style and naturally great music.
I totally had to make a map of the dungeon layout, though, no way anyone keeps that in their head without note keeping.

Zwei Zwei is also a great improvement on the first game, a fully 3D design that manages to stay true to the gameplay of the first one. The two games are only loosely connected, maybe you can give that one a try?
Well said, fantastic game. Falcom at its best!

• This!
Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've heard someone said Nayuta is basically Zwei Drei both in spirit and execution with a Kiseki coat of paint on top, so I'm rather keen to play it as well.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Mivey

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

I love the art in Zwei, it's really cute (more than the second, but that's 2D>3D for ya, it's never a great change), the music is excellent, the XP system is certainly unique, and I do like dungeon crawlers, even if it is a bit samey and really spammy.
But c'mon, the emulated mouse movement, the collisions - especially with extra verticality in a 2D game, the utter absence of hit feedback or even animations, the view distance in dungeons? It's hard to swallow, even if I do like how charming it is... it would have deserved a bit more care to bring the playability up to par after all those years. Its limits are understandable, but it's not very fun to play. :notlikethisblob:

But yes, I launched Zwei 2, it seems to fix a lot of the old timey issues, I dig the series.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
But c'mon, the emulated mouse movement, the collisions - especially with extra verticality in a 2D game, the utter absence of hit feedback or even animations, the view distance in dungeons? It's hard to swallow, even if I do like how charming it is... it would have deserved a bit more care to bring the playability up to par after all those years. Its limits are understandable, but it's not very fun to play.
Everyone's taste is different. It's certainly not an easy game, but I got used to its controls pretty quickly, and I don't remember having any issues with its mouse controls. In fact, before you mentioned it here I wouldn't have guess anything here is "emulated". I can't speak about the fidelity or input lag, I'm sure you're right about that, but due to the way the game wants you to keep spamming your attacks, it matters fairly little I felt. I loved "over attacking" enemies and making them literally freeze and get destroyed before getting a single attack on you.
Btw I am not saying that Zwei Eins doesn't have its issues, there's some end game bosses that are just absolute insanity, and I say that as someone who actually liked most of the game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I should play Wasteland 2 or New Vegas :thinking-blob:
I think my backlog has a backlog.
I have 3 backlogs just on Steam alone (not counting consoles and other launchers).

Installed (one and done games I have installed)
Curated backlog (handpicked collection of one and done games I wanna play on Steam that I have not installed), currently at 129 games)
Uncategorized (the rest)

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

Exqueeze me?

I'm sorry that's so stupid. There is even a skill that encourages you to sell crafted items to earn money.
:minos_angry:

• Sad

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Watching people realize that Greg Miller is shill is so funny. But I still think that he is nothing compared to Andrea Rene.

Also I went back and continued my Ghost Recon Wildlands playthrough. It is kinda most satisfying boring game ever XD

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Looking good. Blackbird has done an incredible job on this game.:cat-heart-blob:

Edit: Performance is very unstable with this latest update. Sudden framerate drops in Javelin levels. I'd wait for hotfix first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.