Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
EdwardTivrusky It’s why I would like the game to stop annoying me with this distress signal shit.
I expected no plot and was fine with it. Artemis path, Atlas path, no please.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Meanwhile Switch fans: "The Deck will fail spectacularly because it has no exclusives" (An actual talking point on different Forums regarding Switch and Deck)
While Steam has all Xbox exclusives and in the future Sony exclusives, ignoring the 1000 times more PC exclusives.
Completely astonishing that some people are so convinced only exclusives can be the success of anything. Too many people unfortunately seem to believe that (not just the likes of egs, Facebook–oculus, also all those exclusives on video streaming platforms. Its a miracle we dont see it more in music streaming yet).

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Additionally, I saw Teardown on the Steam store a while back, and was under the impression it was a plotless sandbox title, where you destroy stuff.

But, I now see it has a campaign, that apparently includes heists, and I see on the video some FPS sequences, and even mechs.
How is the game now, especially the "campaign"?

thanks ;)
I last played it in January but the game was always about the heists - it just looks kind of minecrafty at first glance. Basically every level is a puzzle of how to steal everything that's your target within a time limit that starts when you steal the first thing. So, you go around, plan everything, smash walls and lay planks to make routes, etc. The quality of each heist varies a bit (a couple weren't fun to solve for so I looked up how to do them) but overall it's great.

Since January, they added Workshop support, some tweaks, and just yesterday the rest of the campaign. I will probably poke around it again soon. There was no combat or even the suggestion that combat would be a thing when I played, so not sure if that's a workshop thing or they added it. All the tools / weapons are purely for object / building destruction.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Been playing Inscryption all night. Terrific game, may have snuck into my GOTY top 1 or 2. Im not even really into card games that much but the style and presentation got me good. Got to the final boss....

Spoilers ahead, seriously don't look if you haven't played it as its one of those games best to go in blind to everything....

In the end i beat the final boss quite easily. It had taken me a fair few goes to get to him but on this attempt i had an overpowered death card that had zero cost, about 8 attack and the three way attack spread so it kind of did the job fairly easily.

I like the game a lot, im giving a Steam key away in the giveaway thread so head over there if you fancy entering.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Tyler was able to playtest "The Anacrusis" (Left 4 Dead inspired game) by Chet Faliszek and his studio, Stray Bombay:

It sounds like it's coming along better after the reveal and it also sounds like it'll be released in early access in a few months. I wonder if they'll eventually have a collab with Valve to bring in L4D characters?

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Is The Gunk really windows store exclusive? As you guys know, I like to own my games and I have no interest in buying anything from the windows store.
Yes it is, at least for the time being.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Completely astonishing that some people are so convinced only exclusives can be the success of anything. Too many people unfortunately seem to believe that (not just the likes of egs, Facebook–oculus, also all those exclusives on video streaming platforms. Its a miracle we dont see it more in music streaming yet).
You can break down the flawed reasoning just by looking at Mario Kart 8. Where were those tens of millions of MK8 buyers back when it was on Wii U? Very few people were gonna buy that console for one or a handful of good games. People need to want the console first and then they'll buy the games. Not the other way around.

Deck offers a desirable form factor, a varied feature set and access to a vast library that will not be locked to your hardware, like a console. As an enthusiast device, it will not set the world on fire, but it will do pretty well. Exclusive software will have little to no bearing on how it performs.

Last edited:

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

According to Moriarty, BioShock 4 will take place during the 1960s in a fictional Antarctic city. This matches with what VGC has been told by our own sources about the game.

Narratively the game will be tied to the previous BioShock games, the journalist claimed, and developer Cloud Chamber is targeting a 2022 release.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
And it will be a free to play game called Battlefield Heroes! Oh, hold on...

I don't really get why they'd attach the Battlefield franchise to this. That type of game presumes dense, small maps and limited player numbers. Not really what I think of when I hear Battlefield.

Everyone's fishing for the next big gaas, mtx filled hit. Maybe if they just made more modestly scoped games, they'd be more consistent. That won't please shareholders as much though.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The moment to moment play of Dicey Dungeons is so satisfying. I did not really care if I lost or something, because I'd just get to spend more time making fun decisions on the next run. Great game. I spent a lot of time with the pre-release version of it that was more basic, and it was still a blast.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Out now (I though it was later):

Hopefully it's good. This is the game that is going to take me out of my Forza obsession.

Well, that and grinding all the way to the last car of the season pass only to find out I had already won it by random chance somewhere along the way :p

Anyway, time for some shooting in space!
I saw this for the first time ever (I think) today on Steam and was intrigued.

It actually seems like it would be what I've been looking for for a while now -- a story-driven, more arcade-y space shooter. Please let us know what you think!

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Wishlisted. Going to take a gander a the steam forums, they're always a shitshow when it comes to PS games lmao
It has already begun
I dunno if it was Nabs or someone else.

But Dicey Dungeons is legit. The web demo doesn't do it justice.
I waited way too long to play this.
The moment to moment play of Dicey Dungeons is so satisfying. I did not really care if I lost or something, because I'd just get to spend more time making fun decisions on the next run. Great game. I spent a lot of time with the pre-release version of it that was more basic, and it was still a blast.
I fell back into the Slay the Spire trap after watching someone play.

I should go back to Dicey Dungeons again, I had fun with that too
I am sounding obnoxious by now, but please look into this game. It is insanely good.

Last edited:

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
That new Battlefield rumor, jeez. What are those people at Dice thinking? Let's take that one thing that people universally dislike about Battlefield 2042 and make it a core feature in our next battlefield game 🤡 Glory days of BF are already behind us.

I hope that recent position shuffling at Dice made this game idea go straight to the trashcan, but my expectations are super low. F.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
I saw this for the first time ever (I think) today on Steam and was intrigued.

It actually seems like it would be what I've been looking for for a while now -- a story-driven, more arcade-y space shooter. Please let us know what you think!
There's also a demo as well which I tried out. The game is a lot of fun with a heavy emphasis on combat.

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That new Battlefield rumor, jeez. What are those people at Dice thinking? Let's take that one thing that people universally dislike about Battlefield 2042 and make it a core feature in our next battlefield game 🤡 Glory days of BF are already behind us.

I hope that recent position shuffling at Dice made this game idea go straight to the trashcan, but my expectations are super low. F.

Their last 3 games have had so much negativity and bad PR around them. Battlefront 2, BFV and now 2042. Its just a long string of disappointment. They can't make anyone happy.

They might as well try something new. I would prefer a whole new ip tho just kill the BF name. The franchise is dead. They should just take the current Portal mode and make it spinoff F2P on the side for the hardcore fans. And let devs do something entirely new with heroes wtvr. Maybe they can make a game with destruction again.

• Eyes

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
A new not so mega bundle on itch.io. 65 games for 5 dollar

I haven't checked what games the bundle here. I copied this information from reddit that compares with previous mega bundles on itch.io

No overlap with the prior two bundles:

A Bird's Tale || A Garden On The Sea || A Lozenge || Alt-Frequencies || Beasts of Maravilla Island || Boo! Greedy Kid || Botanicula || Cloud Gardens || Coffee Talk || Danger Scavenger || Dap || From Head to Toe || How We Got Here - Free Full Game || Little Mouse's Encyclopedia || MawaruWorld || miniNATURA || Mutazione || NeuroVoider || No Longer Home || Phytomancer || Samorost 2 || Silicon Dreams | cyberpunk interrogation || Sumatra: Fate of Yandi || Summer Gems || Sunlight || Teenage Blob || Thank you, from the World Land Trust || The Rose Garden || When The River Runs Dry || WolfQuest || Ynglet

Palestinian Aid bundle:

A Forgetful Loop || A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build || Bury me, my Love || Catty & Batty: The Spirit Guide || Cosmic Express || Fugl || Hacknet || Sokobond || The Adventures of Wolf and Hood - a Jigsaw Tale || What Comes After

Racial Justice and Equality Bundle:

And Yet It Moves || Gladiabots || Hidden Folks || Hive Time || Mendel || Old Man's Journey || plant daddy || reky || Quiet as a Stone || Secrets of Raetikon || Shrug Island - The Meeting || The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human || The Hex || Thing-in-Itself || Wide Ocean Big Jacket

Both bundles:

A Normal Lost Phone || ART SQOOL || Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story || Lieve Oma || Quench || Shutter Stroll || Signs of the Sojourner || Spring Falls || The Stillness of the Wind || Un Pas Fragile
Maybe FunktionJCB can fill in to tell what gems this bundle has

Edit: i should mention that this bundle doesn't provide any Steam keys

Last edited:

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Weekend PC Deals (credit to Neowin)

Bundles:
WB Batman Collection Bundle
Best of Sandbox
Akupara 5 Year Anniversary
Digitized Bundle
Yogscast Jingle Jam

Free Weekend:

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

A Total War Saga: TROY$37.49 on Steam
BIOMUTANT$29.99 on Steam
Gloomhaven$27.99 on Steam
Assassin's Creed Valhalla$27.99 on Gamesplanet
Sea of Thieves$23.99 on Steam
No Man's Sky$21.55 on Gamebillet
The Ascent$20.09 on Steam
Need for Speed Heat$17.49 on Steam
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT$16.99 on Gamesplanet
Desperados III$16.99 on Gamesplanet
Teardown$15.99 on Steam
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope$14.99 on Steam
Crysis Remastered$14.99 on Steam
Metro Exodus - Gold Edition$14.39 on Fanatical
Assassin's Creed Odyssey$13.99 on Gamesplanet
Red Faction Collection$13.79 on Fanatical
The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante$12.99 on Steam
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning$12.99 on Gamesplanet
Outward$11.99 on Steam
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition$11.99 on Fanatical
Shenmue III$11 on Gamesplanet
The Last Campfire$10.49 on Steam
A Plague Tale: Innocence$9.99 on Steam
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack$9.99 on Steam
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan$9.89 on Steam
XCOM 2 Collection Bundle$9.72 on Steam
Homestuck Franchise Bundle Bundle$9.43 on Steam
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition$8.99 on Steam
West of Dead$7.99 on Steam
Burnout Paradise Remastered$7.99 on Steam
XCOM: Chimera Squad$6.99 on Steam
Generation Zero$6.74 on Steam
Motorsport Manager$4.99 on Steam
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter$4.99 on Indiegala
FlatOut Bundle$3.99 on Fanatical
Human Resource Machine$3.74 on Steam
7 Billion Humans$3.74 on Steam
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition$2.79 on Fanatical
Ryse: Son of Rome$2.49 on Steam
Little Inferno$1.49 on Steam
Garfield Kart - Furious Racing$1 on Fanatical
Dead by Daylight$0 on Epic Store
while True: learn ()$0 on Epic Store
The Forgotten City - $19.99 on GOG
Road 96 - $15.99 on GOG
Project Hospital - $13.74 on GOG
CrossCode - $13.39 on GOG
Northgard - $11.99 on GOG
Sunless Sea - $6.45 on GOG
West of Loathing - $6.37 on GOG
Dead In Vinland - $5.99 on GOG
Furi - $5.99 on GOG
Epistory - Typing Chronicles - $5.24 on GOG
Outcast - Second Contact - $5.24 on GOG
Evoland - $4.99 on GOG
Turmoil - $4.99 on GOG
The Journeyman Project 1: Pegasus Prime - $4.99 on GOG
SOMA - $4.49 on GOG
Chroma Squad - $3.74 on GOG
A Story About My Uncle - $3.24 on GOG
The Sexy Brutale - $2.99 on GOG
Dungeon Souls - $2.59 on GOG
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition - $2.49 on GOG
Myst Masterpiece Edition - $2.39 on GOG
Riven: The Sequel to Myst - $2.39 on GOG
Seven Cities of Gold: Commemorative Edition - $1.49 on GOG
Flashback - $0.99 on GOG
Crime Cities - $0 on GOG

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Started playing Blasphemous, and I really like it. Combat feels good. Looks great. Sounds great. But it does some things that bug me to no end.

Ledge hang/grabs in a 2D platformer. Why are levels not designed around just jumping on platforms? Metroid does this too and I don't get it. That ledge grab adds zero gameplay value that I can see while making platforming decisions more difficult to judge at a glance and adding a layer of inaccuracy to jumping actions performed around ledges. If the level just had platforms spaced the right way you would not need it. Such a cursed thing to enter game design.

The wall jump equivalent in this game is similarly bizarre, whereby you can lodge yourself onto the part of a wall visually coded as a wall grab area by attacking it (after which you can jump off in the opposite direction). Guess what happens when there's a wall grab area with a flying enemy hovering next to it? You'd think they'd at least purposefully avoid this scenario by just not placing an enemy next to those....

Quests with failure flags that are not communicated to the player in any way. Like, yeah, I could just say fuck it and not look things up, but the content is in the game so presumably they wanted players to see it. Why do they design it in a way that makes it exceedingly easy to miss? This is one thing that games that are inspired by Souls in some way need to let die. Not everything in those games is pure gold.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Good news! Was on the edge of buying it on PS5 several times. Coming to Steam and EGS.

Funny how it has both Steam and EGS store pages, but the trailer only shows Steam logo, the description only has Steam link, but the title has EGS and Steam mention.

It's like indie devs hardly bother to advertise Steam version. Also happened to many other recent multistore indie releases.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Man Ittle Dew 2 is hella fun.
The first game was neat - fun enough story, good puzzles. But this 2nd game is blowing it out of the water. It's super addicting. :blobeyes:
How do you feel about its difficulty? I started playing a couple of weeks ago, but it seemed exceedingly easy to get absolutely demolished in that game before even really settling into the flow of it, so I didn't make much of any progress. Maybe I was missing something.

• Eyes

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Their last 3 games have had so much negativity and bad PR around them. Battlefront 2, BFV and now 2042. Its just a long string of disappointment. They can't make anyone happy.

They might as well try something new. I would prefer a whole new ip tho just kill the BF name. The franchise is dead. They should just take the current Portal mode and make it spinoff F2P on the side for the hardcore fans. And let devs do something entirely new with heroes wtvr. Maybe they can make a game with destruction again.
I think that DICE themselves don't know why people liked their past games and that's why they tried to change the formula. BF V had a bad PR before the release and there were some questionable design decisions, but other than that you could find BF V solid. I don't personally like it because maps are straight-up garbage, but the core gameplay is great.

They don't need to abandon the BF name, it has too great value. They need to go back to the drawing board and figure out what works and what does not. BF2042 is unsalvagable without reworking the core of the game ( specialization/class system, map design, and everything related to guns would be most important) and I don't see it happening. Portal is just a bandaid so that longtime BF fans have something positive to say about BF2042 and so that they will stick longer with the game. In my opinion, If they want to continue supporting Portal, then it should be a completely separate game.

Status
Not open for further replies.