Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, while maybe not Metroidvania, Sakuna is tempting too. Halp, too many decisions :sweaty-blob:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Now to play Blasphemous or Bloodstained ? Hmm...
I duly noted every games that were mentioned yesterday, but we are alas just our of a sale so prices are not incredible.

Need -
Ender Lilies
Deedlit
Lost Ruins
Pharaoh
Touhou Luna Night

I have -
Blasphemous
Bloodstained
Momodora - Reverie under the moonlight
Grime

And I don't even know if the metroidvania burnout won't rear its head super quick.

I just need a traditional game to play right now, GAAS are nice but not super filling.
Give Momodora RUtM a try, it's short so you may not even feel the burnout.

Deleted member 113

A couple of questions:

I noticed No Man's Sky is having repeats of their "expeditions" (events), that include time-limited unlockables.

May I ask, for those that play the game: how long would it take for a complete newbie (I played 1h of the game a loooooong time ago) to unlock all the cosmetics for one of these expeditions (for example, the first one, pioneers)?

---

Additionally, I saw Teardown on the Steam store a while back, and was under the impression it was a plotless sandbox title, where you destroy stuff.

But, I now see it has a campaign, that apparently includes heists, and I see on the video some FPS sequences, and even mechs.
How is the game now, especially the "campaign"?

thanks ;)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and prudis

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
For the more creative oriented, you can create maps for Teardown in Magicavoxel. Interesting. Scary, too.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I love playing around with Magicavoxel! Been awhile though
It's easy ? More like an evolved (and surely more complex) Lego or more of a traditional map tool ?
Curious to see what can be done now that they added even more possibilities like pathfinding. But let's start small :drinking-blob:

• Eyes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It's easy ? More like an evolved (and surely more complex) Lego or more of a traditional map tool ?
Curious to see what can be done now that they added even more possibilities like pathfinding. But let's start small :drinking-blob:
Yeah it is kind of lego kind of simple! But of course you can do advanced stuff but to get started its simple. Think Minecraft, its about removing and adding boxes.

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Out now (I though it was later):

Hopefully it's good. This is the game that is going to take me out of my Forza obsession.

Well, that and grinding all the way to the last car of the season pass only to find out I had already won it by random chance somewhere along the way :p

Anyway, time for some shooting in space!

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Should I play XCOM 2 directly with war of the chosen ?

• Eyes

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Played through most of the tutorial in Mecha Jammers. Not overly impressed at the moment. It's weird, as it is lots of little niggles that are the cause and nothing overly major in and of themself. But adding up just leaves me a bit meh.

The initial problem is movement is point and click. However if I tried clicking into a shaded area or long grass area it wouldn't move directly into them. Instead I would have to walk up to it then walk into it, so 2 move commands.

Then, I accidently threw my gun in the combat section. I could see it on the floor, but there was no option to pick it up. There where other guns in the tutorial, but in the game proper this could get very annoying.

I can't reload my gun in the inventory, I have to equip the gun and then select the reload button.

Interracting with the party members in the tutorial brings up an inventory every time, however the point of the tutorial is to speak to the NPC. The inventory covers the option to talk to them, so you have to close this down every time you talk to someone.

Everything is down to rolls, want to hack a computer. Roll. Want to pick a lock. Roll. But from the tutorial there is no context to it. There is no indication of the skills behind it, what you need to achieve and what you have actually rolled. It just seems kind of pointless and could have been done in the background without you knowing about it.

There are minor issues with the translation, but only in the sense of there being "the" or "a" missing from sentances that just mean they read a bit odd.

On a more positive note, I love how the game looks. The music is excellent in an 80's John Carpenter/Bladerunner way.

I am going to perservere with it though. All of this is out of context of the game and story. It could well be these make more sense once you are in the game itself. Or that you won't be interacting with the systems as often so they won't be as big an issue.

Also had a quick go with Tormented Souls. Loved what I have played of it so far. Nice, creepy atmosphere. Looks like it is a flight not fight type of game, as the enemies appear to be fairly tough. My only real negative is the save system. I hate resource management of save files. Like the old RE games, you can only save by using a resource. However I do like the fact that the character narrates the story so far as part of the save.
How easy/hard is Mechajammer? Are there difficulty settings?

• Eyes

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I totally missed that announcement (maybe I forgot about it) but SacriFire is following the Octopath Traveller aesthetics and I want more games like this.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Got around to watching that VNN video on the new rumored Half-Life Citadel game from Valve.

It really sounds like some ambitious XCOM tower defense game. A lot of controlling AI stuff in it. Its really weird but I want to play it.

Kind of feels like another mobile attempt from them similar to Underlords. Maybe PC players will have access to first/third person while mobile will only be RTS camera. Wouldn't surprise me if its like crossplay/f2p style assuming its real.

• Eyes

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
It will have terrible price over here..... and I will probably buy anyway :(

Never played any of these Sony exclusives (since I never had a Playstation) and they are just the kind of game I really like.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Oh wow, that is nice. Not sure I would ever want to game on a Chromebook, but given how affordable they can be, it would be nice for folks to have options. I know a lot of my nieces and nephews have one.
This is great for the future but maybe not right now for most people with a chromebook. As it stands the current Chromebooks that most people have will be able to play simpler games and the more hardware intensive games will be limited to Chromebooks with a GPU like the $1000 pixel ones that Google sells.

I admit it is really weird to see Uncharted on Steam! But amazing. Only thing to top the weirdness now is seeing a Nintendo game on Steam.
The closest chance that we might have to that might be the Pokemon TCG game releasing on Steam but I think it's going to have its own client instead?
----------

By the way about Sony I highly highly doubt that they will do a $1 upgrade option like MS has. After all Sony still has a $5 minimum for buying stuff on PSN and they are also the one that started the $70USD a game thing.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
PC?
Andromeda is in a much better place than at launch. I can see why some people still have some issues with it like they don't like some characters, or the pacing, story beats etc but for me it scratched that Mass Effect itch really nicely so i wasn't that bothered. I finished it 3 times, once on PS4 and twice on PC.
I also ran a couple of mods that improved things for me, nothing major but one that accelerates your XP to level 5, one that rebalances some powers and i think a basic appearance mod for something maybe lipstick, eyes or hair? I forget. Nexus mods should have a bunch of good stuff now.
If you want more Mass Effect and aren't put off by not having the old crew then Andromeda is fine. the combat and skills management are really good. It can be a bit repetitive if you binge certain mission types but that's the same for most games.

I might actually replay it soon, i keep saying i will but never get around to it.
I can't say Andromeda is a great a game, but it is ... "fine". It has it's moments and it can certainly give you a dose of "Mass Effect" while you wait (for a long time) for a new one. Specially if you liked exploring with the Mako in the original game.

I actually replayed it this year after playing the Legendary edition. The gameplay is still decent and the visuals hold up. I used some mods for adding a little more liberty to power switching and cutting out some loading screens, but nothing too game changing.

Just stick to main and big side quests. The filler ones are just as bad as Dragon Age Inquisition, just with some voice over lines added.
Guess I'll check it out whenever I'm done with the trilogy. Thanks for the impressions guys.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Gabe is playing 4D chess on me. There are so many games Im eager to play on Steam these days I don't have time to play on my PS5, Switch, Xbox, EGS, Xbox App, GOG, UPlay or even pirate games to try anymore. Right now I have a handpicked curated backlog of 176 on Steam. Plus lots of games installed that can be played endlessly (strategy games, roguelikes, sandbox games, MP games etc.).

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Jeez, tried No Man Sky and I hope I have no brain issue but I can’t make any sense of this fucking plot. Unfortunate, because once you get past the very boring start, it looks like a decent ressource game, albeit limited and boring.
But distress signal this, 16 16 16 that, crashed big ship, I can’t process this writing. This is please stop this shit asap level of convoluted plot.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
In my view there's 3 goals in NMS.
Plot? Hmmmmm.

Fly around on your own whims and goals and explore and upgrade forever.
Try to get to the centre by flying around, exploring and upgrading stuff.
Fly around and look for the ATLAS bits, exploring and upgrading along the way.

The ATLAS path is what i suppose you could call a "plot" but really it's just guided exploration with some interesting but mysterious backstory.

If you want a more guided mini experience with rewards then try the various Expeditions.

For me NMS has always been about flying around, exploring, upgrading and listening to podcasts while picking up snippets of old tales and legends of that universe. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.