Community MetaSteam | December 2022 - The end of the year is coming, you better hurry with those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
People being rushed and making mistakes?

Almost as if crunching isn't good, Glen?
The patch did improve Callisto big time for me, I mainly had stuttering as my performance problem before the patch and the patch removed a lot of the stuttering.

Still don't quite understand how my GTX 1080 run the game as well as it does.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Bro, those dunces at Committe of Zero still hasn't released the patch for CHAOS;HEAD?? WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING, GET TO WORK!!!
Nah, just kidding, it's great that they take their time (unlike Spike). It should be out this month though!
Why so much money for Callisto Protocol? :(
AAAA

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Now that Dwarf Fortress is on the horizon, I think I'm equally scared of not liking it (it's fucking 30$) and getting hooked :sweaty-blob:

• Comfy
Reactions: Pommes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
It's been free for years and theres graphics mods for this version.

Sure but I imagine there are improvements specific to the steam version. And I’m not against rewarding the mad lads. I admit 30$ is a little steep of a gamble to me, but I was not really complaining.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Damn The Callisto Protocol already has almost 10K reviews on Steam. What have they done. Launch could have been slam dunk for them and they f-ed up really badly.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It looks like Need for Speed Unbound was probably the best game released yesterday. Going by Steam reviews.
The Callisto Protocol would probably have better reviews if stuttering patch was released with the game and not few hours later. People really seems to like the game.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Sure but I imagine there are improvements specific to the steam version. And I’m not against rewarding the mad lads. I admit 30$ is a little steep of a gamble to me, but I was not really complaining.
Yeah for sure the STEAM version will have a shit ton of improvements, but I meant you could try it for free and see if you like it before you spend money on it.

Reactions: Li Kao

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

Alex looking broken with all these stutter problems.
Obviously for a long time there has been issues, but it really feels like Epic needs to be to be taken to task for allowing this to go on for so long. It would be great if even places like steam had a warning/banner on each game, making people aware that there could be issues and as a way of lighting a fire under peoples asses.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Just watched Get Out. All I can say is: holy shit!

As for games, still going through Utawaremomo prelude of the fallen. It's good.
Also replaying RE3 remake and having a blast as always.
I'm also doing Soul Hackers 2 NG+ now that the patch is out.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Alex looking broken with all these stutter problems.
Obviously for a long time there has been issues, but it really feels like Epic needs to be to be taken to task for allowing this to go on for so long. It would be great if even places like steam had a warning/banner on each game, making people aware that there could be issues and as a way of lighting a fire under peoples asses.
Someone: I want a 4090.

Thus stutter struggle is born.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, there’s a YouTube channel I regularly watch called Brandon’s Cult Movie Reviews. Part review, part riff. Anyway, a month ago a review came up that surprised me. More that I never knew this film existed. Also the title of the movie, Like A Dragon. Which predates the game by 10+ years. Don’t let the title fool you, it appears to be an adaptation of the first game.

directed by Takashi Miike, he of Audition and Ichii the Killer fame. i know there are some big Yakuza fans here so thought you may be interested.

With The Callisto Protocol being in better condition, I thought I might give it a shot. However listening to a friend playing the game recently I think I will wait for a sale. He has been having issues with the dodge mechanic and monsters grabbing him. so will probably grab when it hits its first sub £30 sale. Plus the money is probably better spent on something like Dwarf Fortress.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Its time!

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Obviously for a long time there has been issues, but it really feels like Epic needs to be to be taken to task for allowing this to go on for so long.
Who exactly is going to take them to task and what will it look like?

Also what do you do about developers who ship games in this state? Did they not launch the PC release candidate even once to see how badly it runs? Or did they see how badly it runs and decide they don't care enough to fix it before it ships? Which of these makes them look better?

EDIT: Just checked the Steam forums for Callisto Protocol and here's a few threads...

STOP giving bad reviews!
Stop giving negative reviews
Apologize to Glen Schofield, right now!
This game deserves Overwhelmingly Positive
Stop talking about stutter and just enjoy the game

Maybe the audience deserves what it gets.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Who exactly is going to take them to task and what will it look like?
Pretty obviously talking about games media etc.., giving big warnings in reviews saying not to get the PC version until it is sorted. I mentioned already to have Valve putting things like a banner on games affected, like they do with Denuvo.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Pretty obviously talking about games media etc.., giving big warnings in reviews saying not to get the PC version until it is sorted. I mentioned already to have Valve putting things like a banner on games affected, like they do with Denuvo.
Valve/steam doesn't have to check on anything about the quality of a videogame, its such an unreasonable thing to ask them to do tbh
There are already bazilions of way from which we can gather information before making a purchase (Conventional review, steam review, direct feed video)
Everyone said that the PC version was unbearable when the embargo depleted, and still here we are, surprised that the game runs like shit. If you want to give them (Dev and Pub) a signal, we should just stop preordering a Digital Copy of a videogame.

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
If I understood it correctly, it only happens the first time you play the game, so for a multiplayer game it might not be a huge deal, but for single player game it’s a disaster. It is kind of shame that epic has pretty much cornered the market on game engines and less and less game companies do their own, like cd project red switching to unreal for example.

• This!
Reactions: C-Dub

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
If I understood it correctly, it only happens the first time you play the game, so for a multiplayer game it might not be a huge deal, but for single player game it’s a disaster. It is kind of shame that epic has pretty much cornered the market on game engines and less and less game companies do their own, like cd project red switching to unreal for example.
Yeah, if my poor understanding of this is correct, basically every time there's a new effect (a new shader being used) that hasn't been compiled yet, a stutter happens.
Sackboy fixed the issue in an update a week after launch by having shaders being pre-compiled on the first start up.

If I undestand this right, with low level APIs like DX12 it's not possible to have pre-compiled shaders as part of the game's download, since each hardware configuration needs its own, or something like that? :/

Reactions: C-Dub and Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I 100% expect Timmy to have tried making Darktide timed exclusive and I expect Fatshark is very happy they didn't. NFS is doing better than I thought.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I still don't understand why these big developers can't simply host compiled shaders for every graphics card. There's aren't that many fucking graphics cards that EA or Activision can't do this.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I 100% expect Timmy to have tried making Darktide timed exclusive and I expect Fatshark is very happy they didn't. NFS is doing better than I thought.
Darktide uses EOS but it doesn't have crossplay between Steam and Windows Store and isn't even on EGS. It's a pretty weird situation.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Darktide uses EOS but it doesn't have crossplay between Steam and Windows Store and isn't even on EGS. It's a pretty weird situation.
I disagree. Fatshark simply don't see the need for an EGS release and putting EOS into a game is probably easier than putting the game on EGS.

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force and Mor

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
I still don't understand why these big developers can't simply host compiled shaders for every graphics card. There's aren't that many fucking graphics cards that EA or Activision can't do this.
It's simple. They don't care.

Calisto is in the top 3 of the Steam charts. They will continue to not care.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I think(hope) that Darktide doesn't use EOS for matchmaking, its using EOS EAC, so thats why the files are there.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
It might not be a big deal for multiplayer games, but we already have solutions that can eliminate those stutters entirely. Why developers don't implement any form of shader pre-caching is beyond me.

• This!
Reactions: Le Pertti

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Valve/steam doesn't have to check on anything about the quality of a videogame, its such an unreasonable thing to ask them to do tbh
There are already bazilions of way from which we can gather information before making a purchase (Conventional review, steam review, direct feed video)
Everyone said that the PC version was unbearable when the embargo depleted, and still here we are, surprised that the game runs like shit. If you want to give them (Dev and Pub) a signal, we should just stop preordering a Digital Copy of a videogame.
How does the Denuvo tag work, is that something the developer puts themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.