Community MetaSteam | December 2023 - Every game you ever wanted on Steam is coming in 2024, promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Since we're in a big sale I've gone through my wishlist and ended up removing 115 games.
I do this when my wish list is larger than 50 games.

If it’s not worth buying at a discounted price, I probably didn’t want the game.

If it stands the test of time then it’ll be available to buy in the future. But nine times out of ten a game may be good, but ultimately forgettable.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I've got over a thousand games in my wishlist. I can't be bothered to curate it anymore i just add more stuff to it :)

Just to annoy almost everyone i am about to buy Fallout 3, Skyrim Anniversary and Fallout 4 on GOG as they are on crazy sale and it will be much easier to manage versions with GOG rather than Steam which means i can more easily run old modlists in MO2 using the "Stock Game" feature.

Yes, i am still playing Skyrim and Fallout 4 fairly frequently and always heavily modded the lazy way using Wabbajack lists which i then add to or modify myself.

I am part of the BGS problem :D

... now to go back to replaying modded Cyberpunk 2077 in between fiddling with different LUTs and Lighting/Environment/Weather mods.
... and drinking Rum.

Happy Boxing Day, peeps!

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

That's my haul for this winter sale. Two of Square's older series that I wanted to explore a bit, and the last game in the original Arland trilogy, and Quake for good measure. Been playing a lot of 90s shooter reimaginings, but I never got to play one of the OGs, so need to fix that.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I culled my wishlist, theres like 30 games and they're nearly all unreleased titles
I pruned my wishlist after a friend gifted me Disgaea 7. I'm very grateful, but at the same time I don't know when I'll ever actually play it and I feel bad that he probably threw away his money. I tried to get him to refund it but he just noped me.

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher and Lashley

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I got me some Spiderman and Uncharted this sale. Maybe I'll get The Man who Erased his Name also but I can wait on that till I'm done with BG3...soon.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Kinda in the mood for big popcorn AAA like Ratchet, but it's still a sum, even on key sites.
I don't know if you've checked everywhere (I don't think deals.gg lists CDKeys.com)... but on there it's 28 swiss francs ('bout 28-something euros). But I don't know what your budget is...

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
Replaying God of War 2018 on PC for the first time put me in the mood for more hack and slash games and I settled on Darksiders as my follow up. I don't do .5 ratings.
  1. Darksiders: Replay, used the Warmastered edition at 5K DSR/120 FPS. Game is still a really fun Zelda clone. The art style holds up really well at high resolution (and I assumed they cleaned up the texture work for the re-release). The only aspect I didn't love was a couple of battles that really dragged out. I screwed up by importing my save to start with the Abyssal armor which locked me out of getting the achievement. Had to do another partial speed run for to finish 100% achievements. 4/5
  2. Darksiders II: Replay, used Deathinitive edition at 4K/120 FPS due to 5K DSR locking to 60HZ. They added even more dungeoning and structured each world to be more like the open desert area in the first game where you can ride the horse. I loved the dungeons, but the added open world space doesn't add a whole lot. Fast travel keeps it from ever being annoying though and some of the views are epic. They also tacked on a loot system straight from Diablo/Borderlands which I don't really love for this type of game. The DLC additions are really solid and add some great puzzles, but I wish they had found a way to just build them into the world rather than menu access. Will wrap up the NG+ Deathinitive run on my Deck. 4/5
  3. Darksiders III: First time playing, 4K/120 FPS + 105% internal res. This game goes back to a weapon setup more in line with the first game (no random loot) and structures the world to be very Dark Souls 1-esque. Death, leveling, and bonfires are all borrowed concepts as well. I kind of love that they went in this direction? It made the game feel really fresh coming off of DS1/2. I thought they did a great job incorporating the powers into navigating the world/puzzles/shortcuts too. Additionally, after 2 games with characters that had little character development, Fury gets a really nice arc using the seven sins as a through-line. I really liked her at the end and I am excited to see her show up in future games. DLC additions were solid - Keepers of the Void even has alternates for each elemental weapon which is pretty cool. Will wrap up the NG+ Apocalyptic run on my Deck. 4/5
  4. Darksiders Genesis: First time playing, 5K/120 FPS, played entirely solo, used Strife almost exclusively. In another series change up, this takes Darksiders into top-down shooter form and you know what? It's awesome. The visuals/art look amazing from this perspective and it's a great format for the final horseman, Strife, who is a gun-wielder. Strife and War get some nice character development too, even if the dialogue is a little cheesy at times. There is a cool overworld in the void where you have your vendors, level select, and a bunch of optional challenges. Levels are designed to be replayed once you have the full set of powers and unlock Apoclyptic difficulty. The only things I didn't care for was the stinginess for the enemy cores dropping (they are essentially how you make a skill tree) and the all but the open cutscene being limited to comic book art panels (understandable given the budget, but DS3 had some awesome real-time cutscenes). Will wrap up the NG+ (with a perfect core build) Apocalyptic run on my Deck. 4/5
TLDR: the Darksiders series is a rock-solid 4/5 series with a lot of variation between the individual titles.

It's a really cool universe and I will be very sad if we don't get a proper series finale with Darksider IV - III and Genesis hint pretty heavily at it.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I don't know if you've checked everywhere (I don't think deals.gg lists CDKeys.com)... but on there it's 28 swiss francs ('bout 28-something euros). But I don't know what your budget is...
Yup, but my impulse purchase is around 20 :thinking-face:

I refunded the Scarlet Hollow / Slay the Princess bundle, because I'm not sure at all I will jive with the DARK tone of the games, and frankly the dev is annoying me. Far from finished Scarlet Hollow, which is what it is. Just released Slay the Princess. Announces Slay the Princess ++ as a free update in 2024.

I mean, you do you, but
1/ would be cool to announce SH episode 5
2/ free or not, you just fucking released StP, calm down your tits on the ++ turbo version

So I have 27 euros back on Paypal !!!
But I have a 100 euros list of games that interest me.

I need an intervention.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea looks like Valve fixed the gloating, hoarding and flaunting that goes on in the activity feed :sneaky:

I'm at 940 games on my steam wishlist. Its kinda amazing having so many because you can just treat the wishlist as your own personal storefront. It really is the best and most important feature that Steam has imo. Being able to filter and sort everything is fun during sales.

At the same time I kinda know there is no chance I will ever buy and play all these games lol. I really don't want to delete games because I did delete hundreds many years ago and I regretted it. And wound up forgetting certain titles and rediscovering things down which kinda wastes time. Oh well let the insanity continue.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yakuza: Like a Dragon's real-time combat mod is out now.

That's crazy, I guess all the systems for it were still part of the engine just tucked away. Too bad you can't have your party or cool special skills and such, maybe a later sequel can somehow seamlessly combine both (as Kiryu in Infinite Wealth has a skill that gives you real time-ish control - though thugs don't react as they wait for their turn - but the reverse with normal combat being real time but having a party and the ability to choose specials a la Fallout 3+'s VATS).

Might be fun for a replay though I'm good with the turn based system too (but still enjoyed that we got to have real time combat in Gaiden and Judgment still).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tbf thats quick, it took me like 60 hours to finish act 1
My first playthrough (this one) is basically my just experimenting and fucking things up in the game. I plan to do a very "thorough" playthrough once the "last" patch is out or the "definitive edition" is out.

Last edited:

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Yup, but my impulse purchase is around 20 :thinking-face:

I refunded the Scarlet Hollow / Slay the Princess bundle, because I'm not sure at all I will jive with the DARK tone of the games, and frankly the dev is annoying me. Far from finished Scarlet Hollow, which is what it is. Just released Slay the Princess. Announces Slay the Princess ++ as a free update in 2024.

I mean, you do you, but
1/ would be cool to announce SH episode 5
2/ free or not, you just fucking released StP, calm down your tits on the ++ turbo version

So I have 27 euros back on Paypal !!!
But I have a 100 euros list of games that interest me.

I need an intervention.
FWIW, I paid full price for ratchet and clank and I feel like I got my money's worth (I played through it twice to upgrade every single weapon to it's max potential).

• Gib
Reactions: Li Kao

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Playing Cookie Cutter now.
It's pretty good I think, but oh-so-uninspired (outside of the great hand drawn animations). At least combat is on point with some actually good collisions for once (that helps with the now ubiquitous parry system), and the levels are filled with stuff to find.
It reminds me a lot of Guacamelee in many ways, even the annoying push back early on, and how literally every ability you get is used in combat (if not mandatory to actually do anything against some enemies).

The game has some odd decisions though, like every area being technically separate from the rest, as there is a loading screen between zones. But at the same time, there's absolutely mountains of shortcuts and portals/elevators/jump pads/etc so... it kinda feel like the areas are much more connected than many metroidvanias (like FIST, which I really like, but certainly felt like disparate zones rather than a world)?

In the same way the game isn't super deep, but really lets you play like you want, you can parry and execute everything in your way (including bosses), or use the regular basic attacks (with modules to expand your repertory, and it ends up feeling really combo heavy with tons of air juggling support), or focus more on the heavy weapon attacks/special skills that consume the void energy generated by... well, everything you do beside that - or keep void to heal yourself like Hollow Knight. It's super flexible.
But they didn't add a difficulty slider for some reason...? The game hasn't been hard, but I did stumble onto a much later boss (or possibly optional one) that just handed my ass to me, you die fast in the game and it's absolutely not an RPG where you can grind your way to victory like say, Afterimage. So that's a bit worrying for later.

Oh, and it makes Doom look Pegi-12 at times, it's obviously super cartoony and stylized, but when you start ripping the skin of monsters before squeezing them to death so they vomit their own guts, yeah. Fun but maybe not kid friendly.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
October
Hey, I need space on my PC and I would like to centralize all the shit I have on HDDs in one place, and finally have an HDD free experience for my case.

December
Hey, I centralized all the shit. Now I don't have the heart to delete the junk and I need space.

Genius at work :cat-pizza-blob:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
So far i used this sale to fill some gaps in franchises i had XD Only new game i bought so far is Oxenfree 2 . I bought BF 3 and 4, PoP 2008 and Forgotten Sands (i own them on Ubisoft Connect), NFs Most Wanted and Rivals. i will probably get another CoD *i decided to buy CoD game on every sale they are to complete collection XD) and i don;t know what else to get that i will actually play in near future XD

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
i will probably get another CoD *i decided to buy CoD game on every sale they are to complete collection XD)
I used to use this strategy to pick up expansion packs for the Sims 3 and then Sims 4.

Unfortunately it stopped working when they started shitting out Sims 4 expansions faster than they had sales :disapproval-blob:

• Toucan

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
I used to use this strategy to pick up expansion packs for the Sims 3 and then Sims 4.

Unfortunately it stopped working when they started shitting out Sims 4 expansions faster than they had sales :disapproval-blob:
Ye shit like this is why I've stopped buying Paradox games, because fuck that.

• Sad
Reactions: QFNS and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.