Community MetaSteam | February 2021 - We Don't Do Regional Pricing in This House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I think people are lukewarm towards Ever Crisis because it's on mobile. A 1:1 remake of the game with that quality is exactly what a lot of people have been asking for. I think it looks great. Hopefully it gets ported to other systems.

I really want to play Kena, it looks so good, just like a playable Pixar movie.

Reactions: QFNS and C-Dub

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just tried Outriders for a bit, I'm liking what I saw.

I especially liked the premise of the story, it's like a combination of Mass Effect Andromeda and Fallout 4, but with the apocalypse level ramped up ten fold. Gameplay and combat is more like Gears meet Borderlands. It's basically a cover shooter, but the game kinda forces you to be aggressive and mobile instead of just hunkering down behind a cover. Gunplay is kinda off though because of the lack of recoil (or just barely).

Anyway, I see what people are saying about the cutscenes direction, it's kinda janky. It's like some cutscenes needed a few more seconds of opening and/or closing to make it more natural. Some of them are just abruptly started and/or ended. There's also too many loading screens between them, thankfully it loads in just a few seconds at most.

Overall, I'm glad that it's more Borderlands than Destiny/Division, so that I can jump in anytime. It's a game that I'll definitely play at some point.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I think people are lukewarm towards Ever Crisis because it's on mobile. A 1:1 remake of the game with that quality is exactly what a lot of people have been asking for. I think it looks great. Hopefully it gets ported to other systems.

I really want to play Kena, it looks so good, just like a playable Pixar movie.
It's not exactly 1:1 remake because lots of (side) content will be cut. It'll be more like FFXV Pocket Edition.

Capcom leak confirmed.
Cool, I guess. Longer than expected though, or was it 9 month of delay after all?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Capcom leak confirmed.
Nicee, well, it's a bit longer than the original leak but at the very least we know we are getting both Rise and Stories 2
usual 12-month timed exclusive, same deal as always.

Cool, I guess. Longer than expected though, or was it 9 month of delay after all?
It was 9 months on that leaked document, yes.

Reactions: texhnolyze

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
If it's planned like FFXV, it'll come to PC and consoles after all the chapters are released on mobile.
And you can bet your lunch that FF7R and this mobile episodic thing will come too, Square-Enix milking every single drop of FF7 :evilblob:

Reactions: QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Some possible Life is Strange 3/4 information on Era, mods have verified the poster has material to support their claims:

"Hey all, heard some info down the grapevine about upcoming Life is Strange games so I figured I'd share it with you folks.

First off, Life is Strange 3 is being developed right now by Deck Nine (devs of LiS: Before the Storm.) It's being developed on Unreal Engine 4 rather than Unity. It's a full-fledged 5-episode sequel. I've heard that it's been referred to as "Life is Strange: True Colors" in development, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the final title.

The game takes place in the US, but not in the Pacific Northwest (I don't remember where for sure, but it either takes place in the Midwest or the South.) The game will be a return to a grounded, small-town setting (similar to the first game.) The main character is an Asian-American woman named Alex. The main superpower this game revolves around is the ability to read minds. Different characters will have colors surrounding them representing their emotions (hence the name True Colors.)

Music is also a really heavy focus in this game, moreso than LiS 1.

The game should be announced pretty soon. Afaik it was supposed to be announced last year, but COVID-19 must've messed things up.

There is also another Life is Strange game that I've heard is in preproduction, although I'm not 100% sure about the details on this one as it's still a long ways off. It's supposed to be a direct sequel to the first game and it'll feature the same protagonists (Max/Chloe). I haven't heard about this in months so keep in mind it might be cancelled at this point.

As for other Life Is Strange news, Life is Strange 1 is being ported to the Switch. I'm not sure if the second one and BtS will be ported as well, but I'd imagine that they'd be doing that. The ports should be announced whenever LiS 3 is announced.

If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask!

Edit: Just wanted to emphasize that I'm not sure if the fourth Life is Strange game I mentioned would canonize any ending to the first game. I just know that if it exists, it involves Max and Chloe in some way. I also edited out some info I mentioned about a possible timeskip in the fourth game because I am not certain about that. "
Sounds great. Music was a big part of my experience with LiS and so was the small town part of the game.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
A Steam version is confirmed if you go to the bottom of the page.
Its really good that Capcom came out and confirmed before the switch version came out that it was coming to PC so people who are okay with waiting won't have to double dip.

lookin' at you square

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
And you can bet your lunch that FF7R and this mobile episodic thing will come too, Square-Enix milking every single drop of FF7 :evilblob:
Don't worry about 7R. This time the trailer doesn't have "Only on Playstation" or whatever the variants and it'll released after the exclusivity period ended. Probably PC version will release together with the PS5 version.

Reactions: QFNS and Mor

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Having gone through the Legacy of Kain games, here's my ranking so far:

Top: Blood Omen and Soul Reaver

Mid: Soul Reaver 2 (for story moreso than the gameplay)

Bottom: Defiance and Blood Omen 2

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
2022... So long wait... They'll probably be showing World 2 or something by that point... Meh... I wish the leak for a day & date with the Switch version was real :suicide-blob:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Its really good that Capcom came out and confirmed before the switch version came out that it was coming to PC so people who are okay with waiting won't have to double dip.

lookin' at you square
Square Enix have always been deliberate with their platform announcements. Pretty much designed to extract as much cash from impatient people as possible.

Wait until April 10th and see if we get something then.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I should be done with Hades today, planned to play Wasteland 3 next, but since I bought P5S this week and I really wanna play it Im gonna go with that next.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Moving to an increased mobile game strategy should work well for Squenix. The mobile market is huge especially in Japan and as people have said SE can release on Switch/PC/PS/Xbox later when all the content is released.

• This!
Reactions: dummmyy

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Nicee, well, it's a bit longer than the original leak but at the very least we know we are getting both Rise and Stories 2
usual 12-month timed exclusive, same deal as always.

It was 9 months on that leaked document, yes.
9 months would mean December 26th, but other than it being right after christmas, it would be a bad idea to release it during the winter sales, so there's the chance it could happen on January 2022? (still 9 months timed exclusive and not 12)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I want a PS5. I don't even know why, surely just the scarcity.
But at the same time, I really just want to put my ass on a sofa and play, no energy.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
But at the same time, I really just want to put my ass on a sofa and play, no energy.
I also want one, but I never seem to be able to get one. :( The lack of stock seems to never end.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I also want one, but I never seem to be able to get one. :( The lack of stock seems to never end.
The joke's on me (as usual :anguished-face:)
Every fucking time I'm in the mood for one I miss a restock by one hour.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The joke's on me (as usual :anguished-face:)
Every fucking time I'm in the mood for one I miss a restock by one hour.
It's weird for me, I really want a PS5, yet I don't really know what I will buy. I will presuambly not be buying Ratchet, Returnal, Miles or Sackboy until they go on sale and Demons is the one I truly want and Queen has hinted towards a PC release.

I guess the best thing for me to do is just to wait.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Unpopular opinions but boss fights in games fucking sucks sweaty damn balls!
I think I agree to a large extent. Most boss fights I've experienced were about dull and frustrating memory challenges, and they seldom really offered anything truly joyful or meaningful. The rare ones I've enjoyed have been the ones that both were about something meaningful narratively, and that weren't excessively hard just for the sake of killing you and being a "proper boss", and be actually killed sight unseen. HLD's bosses come to mind for me.

Hell, the entire idea of a boss is something that I find a little outdated. It hearkens back to level structures which are rather meaningless today. It was never more apparent than in Deus Ex HR where they had bosses "because they had to" in a game where their existence made no sense. One thing I do have to concede to Souls games though, whose boss fights I find astonishingly dull and frustrating, is that those bosses make sense narratively. They are protagonists in this world and their place is at least justified from that standpoint.

Still hate most boss fights mechanically though. It feels like an old relic from the past some games just can't let go of. Harder, momentous fights to act as a capstone to a narrative moment? Absolutely, give me those. But boss fights usually are placed without any consideration to that.

Edit : one type of boss fight I truly like are capital ships in space sims, incidentally. Couldn't tell you why, they are just epic, mechanically challenging and interesting, and are about putting everything you've learned into play as usually a light fighter and bomber, and having to navigate something truly breathtaking, though they can also suck if for instance turret tracking isn't dialed-in properly. Looking at you, Starlancer death-laser.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It's weird for me, I really want a PS5, yet I don't really know what I will buy. I will presuambly not be buying Ratchet, Returnal, Miles or Sackboy until they go on sale and Demons is the one I truly want and Queen has hinted towards a PC release.

I guess the best thing for me to do is just to wait.
Damn yeah, just took a peek at the available offering and it's even more scarce than the console stocks.
And with the confirmation of PS4 ports coming to PC...

Still, I just want some TV ON > Console ON > Play shit right now. I am far from averse to PC gaming, I just want to blanket in a 10-foot UI.
In related news, I rebuild icon cache today, and that made me very sad :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Boss fights, for me it depends on the game.

I feel that japanese games in general usually have more fun or interesting boss fights than western games, be it gameplay wise or visually.
JRPGs (be it action or turn based) are my favourite types of games and the boss fights are what I like the most in them gameplay wise. 3rd person action games like Devil May Cry just wouldn't be the same without boss fights as well.

In big western games though, to me it feels like there's more of them with boss fights that just aren't interesting or fun (though there are exceptions of course).

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Still hate most boss fights mechanically though. It feels like an old relic from the past some games just can't let go of. Harder, momentous fights to act as a capstone to a narrative moment? Absolutely, give me those. But boss fights usually are placed without any consideration to that.
Boss fights at the end of a tough level are generally a punishment when they should be a reward.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I find most Boss fights to be boring and a chore to play. I really dislike the ones that just drag on with a million stages, stick to "The rule of 3's"!
I know some people love long, drawn out boss fights but for me they're tedious and very few are memorable. I'm just glad when they're over and i can get on with the story/next level/whatever comes next.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I think I should play Ryza. That looks like the wholesome blanket I need.
But I have several games on standby and I hate abandoning games. Even more games I liked at one point.

I just can't seem to summon the will to resume Wasteland 2 / FF14 / Hades / Hitman / Factorio.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Don't worry about 7R. This time the trailer doesn't have "Only on Playstation" or whatever the variants and it'll released after the exclusivity period ended. Probably PC version will release together with the PS5 version.
Oh, but I know, I'm not worried, it's just that this FF7 milking feels... wrong at some level. :crying-face:

• This!
Reactions: LEANIJA

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Boss fights when done right can be great. I typically prefer adventure type games or city builders but something like the Souls games bosses definitely feel well done (well, some of them). I like the struggle of getting through a section to face a boss, the feeling once you beat it and can move onto more exploring was great. I liked that i could summon for help in those games too.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Boss fights when done right can be great. I typically prefer adventure type games or city builders but something like the Souls games bosses definitely feel well done (well, some of them). I like the struggle of getting through a section to face a boss, the feeling once you beat it and can move onto more exploring was great. I liked that i could summon for help in those games too.
The only thing I dislike about the Souls boss fights is the lack of checkpoints (bonfires) in the room before them.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Your loving Uncle Birdman says: "Save your money. Before long you will regret this purchase.
Unless you got lots of PS4 games in which case, sure why not, least you have 50+ library of PS4 games to play through, right? Right?"
Hey this GTX 970M 6 GB and i7-6700HQ CPU still got mileage on it and runs the games I want to play well enough. How do you think I'm playing my games on with my bum on my sofa~

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I love boss fights when they're actual fights meant to have you work the game's mechanics. Miss me with that glorified cutscene shit like God of War "boss fights".

Also yeah, if Sony isn't screaming exclusivity about FF7RI then I'm gonna go ahead and call it a Nier Automata situation where the PC version is coming but they're gonna be real fucking sneaky about it.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Still fixated on Uncharted Waters here. Found the music piece I was thinking of:

I think FunktionJCB had a couple of posts about "Uncharted Waters" a while ago. I think they were looking for similar games to it as they really liked it too.

Reactions: FunnyJay

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The only thing I dislike about the Souls boss fights is the lack of checkpoints (bonfires) in the room before them.
I have to agree, those fights would be less aggravating to me if I could just "press R to retry" so to speak. I still think they are deliberately too hard and nigh-impossible to win sight unseen, but this would make the experience better by taking the tedium of retrying away.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Sekiro is so much better about this than Souls. Really funny. Guess they figured the bosses are finally challenging enough to allow for quick restarts.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.