Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
OlliOlli World is real fun.
I also like how it's a freak Unity game that has a proper fullscreen mode, and thus works with DSR. It actually helps a lot with cleaning up the edges that get all mussy from what I'm guessing is FXAA.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
If you wan't to play lost ark on steam but gaben considers your place ghetto: just appreciate grindfest free life.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
not wildly optimistic about this one, there have been rumors of a troubled development and it's always looked like a bunch of great Russian sci-fi art assets in search of a game, but hopefully it ends up coming together

it'll also be on PC Game Pass at launch, at least
Has there ever been a game with a very publicly troubled development that turned into a gem? Serious question. I really want to have hope for Atomic Heart because of the amazing artistic design.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Has there ever been a game with a very publicly troubled development that turned into a gem? Serious question. I really want to have hope for Atomic Heart because of the amazing artistic design.
Splinter Cell Conviction was restarted like 2 or 3 times before the final product came out.

• Eyes

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
The game has now sold over 200k copies!!!!!!

This game was delayed by a few months already (I'm guessing to iron out some things and based off reviews and how much it has sold that'd very good news. It was originally going to release in June last year)

So within 2 weeks this Japanese indie game which is only on Steam has sold over 200k units world wide. That's pretty crazy. It already managed to sell 100k in it's first week alone.

By the way from my understanding, WSS went from being a small doujin circle (making games) to now being an indie publisher? In the past some of the stuff that they were involved in was published by Playing.
I'd love to know what's the split on copies sold in China, Japan and the west. Tons of vtubers, both EN and JP, have been streaming it for the past few weeks but most of the comments in the Steam announcement seem to be in Chinese.
Anyway, the EN localization is absolutely perfect, easily one of the most impressive localizations I've ever witnessed. If you didn't know any better you would think it was originally written in English. Happy for the devs and I hope the translator got paid well.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Nobody Saves The World continues to be an amazing game. Super cute story with plenty of quests and side quests along with a real nice variety of different areas on the map you visit along with plenty of different enemies. Just a real chill game with tons of humor and characters you can turn into and unlock more as you progress. Just a lovely game overall 😍

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Been going through all the Halo campaigns for the first time recently (except for 1 which I've finished like 3 times). Currently playing the Halo 3 campaign and goddamn it is a fun ride, especially near the end. These missions get pretty epic with the action and the music and all.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder if Dying Light 1 still holds up, it dates back to the PS4 release. Then again video games graphics don’t evolve that quick and they have been good enough for years.
Yeah, I just watched the streamer I talked about yesterday play the second one.

Now to be clear I was super uninterested in this sequel because the first one insta bored me and the localization was shit cake (in English no intro subs, in French a narrator with some heavy regional accent IIRC).

But that‘s the nice thing with diversity, it calls for even more of itself ! I have been neck deep for 150+ hours in stats and tabletop rpg rules with Pathfinder Kingmaker and now I wouldn’t instantly reject a big open world filled with stupid shit to do. Would be a change of pace.
I‘m toying with the idea of giving Euro or American Truck Simulator a real chance too, again it could be refreshing.

Though Dying Light 2 poses an interesting dilemma. On one hand it would be wonderful if I was now (at long last) mature enough to be able to play a sequel without trying to play the first one. On the other I’m not expecting anything grandiose from the game and it may be stupid to bite on the new one at its hype price.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
ExistentialThought

So that "30 day aura" stuff is a huge turn off for me. That all looks like "make the game less tedious" stuff that's going to be a monthly cost if you want it. I'd much rather they just make the game less tedious for everyone and stick to the cosmetic things. I'm willing to invest plenty of money in a game I like but trying to force tedium if you don't pay is a red flag.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Apparently Linus also received unit 11 a few seconds into this timestamp. So I wonder if it is more a batch 11 out of X batches or something?
Makes more sense. Valve gave lots of people dev kits so far, which is probably the same or similar category of pre production units this Deck would fall into.. Just 290 units seemed to me like a very low number too.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Lol. Why do I want to build models in a videogame, instead of clearing my model kit backlog irl?
If the models can be custom imported, it can be used to test how some custom paint jobs can look on certain models before actually applying it on the physical model itself? Other than that, it's mostly for people that want to try out model building but cant afford it haha

• Evil
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Nobody Saves The World continues to be an amazing game. Super cute story with plenty of quests and side quests along with a real nice variety of different areas on the map you visit along with plenty of different enemies. Just a real chill game with tons of humor and characters you can turn into and unlock more as you progress. Just a lovely game overall 😍
It's my GoTY so far, I can't recommend it enough!

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
not wildly optimistic about this one, there have been rumors of a troubled development and it's always looked like a bunch of great Russian sci-fi art assets in search of a game, but hopefully it ends up coming together

it'll also be on PC Game Pass at launch, at least
IIRC the whole development trouble ended with the game being rebooted in 2018. But the gameplay reveals we got in 2019-2021 looked better than the initial reveal trailer so I mean seems like that reboot is going good so far lol

• Eyes

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Souls talk - love em.

I dont really play multiplayer but some of my best gaming memories were hanging out as a SunBro helping people get through tough bosses in DS1. Helped a load at Smough and Ornstein and it was a great feeling knowing youd helped someone progress passed a tough bit. Lots of positive messages etc.

I also loved hiding as a vase if someone invaded me. Waste 10 mins of their time trying to find me, then id suicide off a ledge.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Makes more sense. Valve gave lots of people dev kits so far, which is probably the same or similar category of pre production units this Deck would fall into.. Just 290 units seemed to me like a very low number too.
I think at least the initial batch of devkits is even earlier than these preproduction units. There are even some external physical differences (like the button glyph on what I as an old fart call Select :p).

That said, I'd be very surprised if they haven't shipped out significantly more than 290 units just in devkits by now.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I really like Dark Souls series, but what I am going to say might be controversial - I don't think PvP in Dark Souls is good because of terrible netcode/latency. I tried PvP a few times in Dark Souls 2/3 and usually it ended in enemy teleporting behind my back and doing backstab. I hope things will be better in Elden Ring.

FunnyJay