Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
After watching all videos it looks like that Valve nailed everything except software that is still up in the air. Best in class ergonomics, thermals, audio and buttons, really good screen and decent battery life. I don't know what people expected for basically 400$ portable PC.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

In between bouts of Sifu’s ferocious brawling, there’s a scene I can’t help but keep thinking about: a particular graffiti that was hastily drawn on a wall, presumably by a local drug dealer. It’s a Chinese phrase that says “一手交钱, 一手交货” which, when loosely translated, means “give me the money and I’ll give you the goods”. But next to it is an inexplicable decision to also include an English translation of that very phrase, “No money no goods”, as if the drug peddler has the foresight to consider entertaining English-speaking or international junkies who may just be dropping by the local illegal pharmacy to pick up some good ol’ fashioned drugs. I mean, good thinking, buddy.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I just got the last achievement in Vampire Survivors. It's a really fun game to just pick up and play for a round or two (or 5), but I think by now I've optimized several item routes and it's basically over (which is perfectly fine, it was very cheap and I played it for 12 hours or so).

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I just got the last achievement in Vampire Survivors. It's a really fun game to just pick up and play for a round or two (or 5), but I think by now I've optimized several item routes and it's basically over (which is perfectly fine, it was very cheap and I played it for 12 hours or so).
I'm at 33.2 hrs according to Steam, I still play at least 2 rounds a day, I already have everything on the power up tab, so I'm mostly trying to do the no move challenge tho', my best is 25m.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
God the side-stuff looks so fun, and absolutely massive :O
I wasn't that interested in the game until I noticed I'm going crazy craving for Elden Ring and I wouldn't make it to the 25th without something else to distract me.
A new massive free to play MMO might do the case.

• Eyes

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

God the side-stuff looks so fun, and absolutely massive :O
LA put efforts from Blizzard and others to shame since its very early ~2014 trailers. It sucks it took so long to get a Western release but it still does many things, content, gameplay and scale wise, other games don't. Folks say the grind sucks as usual for Korean online games but oh well, I'll try it. It's had some updates & overhauls since yet the original media still put most Diablo clones to shame with the scale of the areas, Total War-esque crowds and variety shown. I'm mostly interested because of how fun combat looks with the various classes that look like riffs on Monster Hunter, Musou, etc., not just same old clickety click 🤞

• Eyes

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
LA put efforts from Blizzard and others to shame since its very early ~2014 trailers. It sucks it took so long to get a Western release but it still does many things, content, gameplay and scale wise, other games don't. Folks say the grind sucks as usual for Korean online games but oh well, I'll try it. It's had some updates & overhauls since yet the original media still put most Diablo clones to shame with the scale of the areas, Total War-esque crowds and variety shown. I'm mostly interested because of how fun combat looks with the various classes that look like riffs on Monster Hunter, Musou, etc., not just same old clickety click 🤞
Combat was just fantastic, by far the best I've played in a hack'n'slash. Also wildly different between classes. The feedback is second to none, and the fact that it looks great is a big plus.

But since I don't speak Korean, I cant judge in the endgame (or even the midgame), which did seem to be really mind-numbing.
As long as the side content is fun and not left to rot, I'm game, it's F2P anyway.
I just hope that they didn't fuck up with the shop, progression can easily fail HARD for those games. Though it seems it's one of the less punishing ones (you can't break your gear or fuck up upgrading it for example), but on the other hand it also does stat squishes once in a while...

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I have plenty of harddrive space but god, almost 60GB for a hack and slash I probably won't invest time in past the basic stuff. Might just wait for the initial rush to be over anyway

• Eyes

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Gamers Nexus has a bunch of Steam Deck hardware numbers. They did some good testing on thermals and performance in some well defined tests. Also showed airflow and how the case is actually essential in keeping the thermals in check (in case people were thinking about modding the case or taking it off to improve cooling.

Edit; Can't show the software though cause Valve time (TM).

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Jade Raymond studio is working on PS5/PC game with some of the best people from Ubisoft including amazing Raphael Lacoste as Art Director, Corey May...

They are working on persistent and ever-expanding online game
I would love to see some innovation in online gaming space! I'm still bummed that EverQuest Next never became a thing. It sounded so amazing!

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have plenty of harddrive space but god, almost 60GB for a hack and slash I probably won't invest time in past the basic stuff. Might just wait for the initial rush to be over anyway
To be clear, from everything I've heard it's more MMORPG than hack and slash. It's not a Diablo.
(Though I haven't played anything myself, so this is just hearsay, but I've read many people say you shouldn't go in expecting it to play like Diablo).

But since I don't speak Korean, I cant judge in the endgame (or even the midgame), which did seem to be really mind-numbing.
As long as the side content is fun and not left to rot, I'm game, it's F2P anyway.
I just hope that they didn't fuck up with the shop, progression can easily fail HARD for those games. Though it seems it's one of the less punishing ones (you can't break your gear or fuck up upgrading it for example), but on the other hand it also does stat squishes once in a while...
God, enhancement systems where failures can lead to negative progression are the god damn worst. Glad it doesn't have that.
From everything I've read this game seems to be fairly F2P and casual friendly, like dailies that give you half the reward for some days if you don't do them at all, or the director saying they are slowing down the hardcore raid releases this year and focus more on horizontal progression. Stuff like that.

The main questionmark I have right now is "which server to play on? (Europe)". Though most group content seems to be cross-server anyway?

• Eyes

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I think I'm going to pick some US server even though I'm in Europe. Ping on a game like this isn't that big of a deal if you are just doing PvE stuff.

Not sure though.

• Eyes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Grind is not an issue, fun is.

We can play thousands of hours in BATTLETECH, Factorio, PUBG, Fortnite, Minecraft, X3:AP, Paradox games, Aurora 4X, Slay the Spire, Dota, League, etc, etc.
We wouldn't call that "Grind" The question is, why is it grind in MMOs. because, most of the time, it is not fun, and there are no immediate satisfaction moments or rewards.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I think I'm going to pick some US server even though I'm in Europe. Ping on a game like this isn't that big of a deal if you are just doing PvE stuff.

Not sure though.
I just like to have things adjusted to my timezone for online games.

Pixieking

MetaMember
Dec 7, 2018
I forget... Can a friend gift a game that's not available in my region? Lost Ark looks pretty fancy, but not available for me. :(

• Eyes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
New interview with Inaba & Kamiya from PlatinumGames
  • they hope to release new info on Project GG around the end of 2022
  • PG is considering to evolve its publishing efforts further
  • Very confident in Bayonetta 3 which has many new elements

Also, it seems like Kamiya is interested in doing something with Scalebound..
"Phil! Let's do it together"

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
You could use a VPN just to activate and download it? I don't know if it's risky but I think I remember people here playing japanese f2p games unreleased in the west

• Eyes

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
You haven't tried Bloodborne yet?

Must be a new Miyazaki fetish :thinking-blob:

I feel like the only person on meta that doesnt care about elden ring coming out.
Do i need to turn in my gamercard at the door?
It's ok to not care about a game, there are a ton of games that I also not care about.

One of the best things about this hobby is how we have different games to appeal to our particular tastes. :steam_pigblanket:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I feel like the only person on meta that doesnt care about elden ring coming out.
Being someone who haven't played Dark Souls, no, you are not alone.

Also I just re-watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. I have watched it once when I was a teenager many, many years ago. Thought it was alright. So pretty and epic. But now... during this second viewing the feelings strike much harder and deeper. Being an adult does make one easier to shed tears.

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
Yeah, I think I’ve put enough time into Souls to know that I won’t enjoy those games. On the other hand the checkpoint system and the confusion about where to go are some of my major complaints, and maybe the open world can alleviate them…. or it will make them worse :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.