Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Famiboards should be cool to post here? More HD2D games are coming
THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Looking forward to the new capcom collection. SF6, something about the Promo pics actually puts me off the game.

And yay to the NFT scammers being scammed.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Is the blonde guy supposed to be ken?
No, that's Luke, the new protagonist. They put him in as the last SFV DLC as a preview for this.

His design was kinda ass and they tweaked it a bit but his gameplay was pretty rad.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Xbox but not Switch? That's some unusual choice
Yeah, I don't see why not, even visually it doesn't look like anything they can't do on the Switch. Plus they revived Soul Hackers with a 3DS release to begin with.

Maybe they want to give SMTV more time for itself and could port this later on? A meaty DLC/expansion is coming possibly? Oh well, I'm good with PC for this.

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
What awesome news to wake up to. Hopefully I have my Steam Deck by the time it comes out. I actually like the cartoon shading a lot and helps give it a distinctive visual flair over other Atlus games and it looks so much better than that blurry mess that was SMT V

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Huh, I was writing it looks a lot like Tokyo Mirage and I haven't even played that game, it just looks a bit distinct somehow. Makes sense.

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Honestly the artstyle does not look like Soul Hackers at all. If you tell me it's Persona 6 I would believe it.

Also this is launching in August... Doubt I would grab it on day 1 as it's so close to Xenoblade 3. Also I need to get back and finish #FE.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have no experience with Soul Hackers so I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but yeah that trailer looked a lot like a Persona game to me.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Atlus probably got paid by Microsoft to develop a game for Xbox. That makes multiplatform with PlayStation and PC obvious if there’s nothing contractual preventing them.

Maybe Atlus calculated that between all of those platforms they will reach the vast majority of their customers without also going to the expense of porting to Switch?

• Eyes

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I have no experience with Soul Hackers so I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but yeah that trailer looked a lot like a Persona game to me.
Soul Hackers was for the most part "It's just SMT with a 80s cyberpunk aesthetic and some combat annoyances" so I don't mind it getting to be its own thing.

With that said we now have a full party of humans (SH1 had only two plus 4 demons) but demons are still around and getting fused so I wonder how will that play out. Also a non silent, named female protag is a first for SMT I think?

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
If you have a 3ds lying around, you can check out the first game. It' still available on the 3DS shop for 19.99. I'll check it out later today.
I do actually have a n3DS that is collecting dust, but I just watched some gameplays from Soul Hackers and it doesn't look like something I would have fun with. The sequel however gives me Persona 4/5 vibes and I'm totally into that.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The art from the thumbnails doesn't look very appealing to me, and as Cacher said certainly not reminiscent of Soul Hackers. It looks very modern weeb, but I didn't watch the trailer yet, and even if it's the case, bah, series change their art style with time. Sometimes not for the better, but hey...

I suppose it's time for me to fight my OCD and stop waiting for the Fan Translation of Devil Summoner (related to Soul Hackers). So I have until August to play Soul Hackers. On the Deck ? :thinking-face:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Don’t let the fact that it’s a 3DS game make you think it’s from that era. Soul Hackers is a decidedly 90s JRPG, for better or worse depending on your perspective.
oh, I know, but it is probably the easiest way to just get the game right now, so I wanted to mention it. It's also the only western release of the game.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jesus, the EGS bundle even got trounced by the VR discovery bundle.

Yeah, I checked the Monthly again, to see if I would bite for 6$
Unfortunately, I'm very much interested only in Everhood, and less so in Before we leave and Per Aspera. At this point, it's just a steam library '+X' bundle. On the other hand, Everhood for 6$... :thinking-face:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, I checked the Monthly again, to see if I would bite for 6$
Unfortunately, I'm very much interested only in Everhood, and less so in Before we leave and Per Aspera. At this point, it's just a steam library '+X' bundle. On the other hand, Everhood for 6$... :thinking-face:
I took a similar deal and traded all games apart from Everhood for stuff on my wishlist. Indirectly became my best value bundle purchase since the Crash/Spyro monthly :blobmorning2:

Status
Not open for further replies.