Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

They don't really go very in-depth this time, all these things I noticed and mentioned here hoping they'd delve into it much more when they got around to it. Also they don't mention the minor issues present here and there, water edges having artifacts, some wonky physics when it comes to getting out of the water or falling/fitting through certain gaps being inconsistent, also the behaviour of the eagles is kinda off and there's a certain visual glitch that so far for me always manifests in a specific place that everyone most likely gets to early on that's also not mentioned. They kinda overplay the issues of Powerslave EX too (without really mentioning them when making the previous video which otherwise went in much greater detail). This is still the definitive version going by its Sega Saturn focused base, they shouldn't add incorrect things about the unofficial version just to slander it vs the official thing. Oh well. Great game and a good video still 🤷‍♂️

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Can someone confirm to me that I'm not hallucinating? These G-Hub patchnotes make me concerned for my own cognition.

Some of these games are positively ancient and functionally irrelevant even in the No-Life segment of gaming sub-culture

And some of them are literally delisted - Battlefield 2 has been delisted for a solid decade, and the only servers still running for it are pathetic 24/7 Karkand shadows of what Battlefield 2 once was, struggling to have 64 players during even peak hours. Did Logitech just accidentally leak a Battlefield 2 re-release meant to shore-up the brand after the 2042 disaster?

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
My adventure in Lost Ark continues, I kinda enjoy the stronghold, reminds me of wow garrison in Warlords of Draenor and I loved it back then, the whole feeling of having a personal base and stuff.
Also I preordered Fire Emblem Three Hopes since I like fire emblem and I like musou.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Can someone confirm to me that I'm not hallucinating? These G-Hub patchnotes make me concerned for my own cognition.

Some of these games are positively ancient and functionally irrelevant even in the No-Life segment of gaming sub-culture

And some of them are literally delisted - Battlefield 2 has been delisted for a solid decade, and the only servers still running for it are pathetic 24/7 Karkand shadows of what Battlefield 2 once was, struggling to have 64 players during even peak hours. Did Logitech just accidentally leak a Battlefield 2 re-release meant to shore-up the brand after the 2042 disaster?
Some of these have to just be they added support for a given engine / API or something. Beat Saber makes no sense either because like... you won't see or be able to take advantage of any G-Hub thing at all in Beat Saber.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Someone has a lot of spare time at the GHUB team.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Yesterday i was talking with a friend about new rendering tech in games and how it is interesting that European developers (especially eastern European devs) are the ones that are the first one to adopt new tech and push it. Remedy with Control, 4A games with Metro Exodus, Techland with Dying Light, CDPR with CP2077, Mundfish with Atomic Hearts, Bloober with The Medium, Crytek (even though they are a bit behind these days), i mean even DICE was one of the first devs to do RayTracing.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
PSA: Lost Ark

The EU West servers are online. Things to know:

- crystal aura is accountwide, so you will have crystal aura on the new region
- you get 15 days crystal aura on the third day for the separate EU West login event, as crystal aura is serverwide, this will count to your time on your main region/server
- you also get 500 crystal on one of the days of the login event, which nets you nearly another 30 days crystal aura (I think 520 crystal for 30 days, and you get 10 crystal for the first quest you do and another ten a bit later)
So just as a follow up to this... I read on reddit last night that you can create a character on every EUW server and stack the benefits. So if there are 8 servers and you create a character on each one, you get the blue crystals on all of them and convert it to something like 250 days worth of crystal aura.

If it's true this is definitely an oversight. There's no way they intend to give 8-10 months of the premium sub away for free. So the question is... is it worth trying this? Will it be considered an exploit if one were to do it. Or will they let it go because it's their mistake?

• Eyes
Reactions: Kyougar

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
So just as a follow up to this... I read on reddit last night that you can create a character on every EUW server and stack the benefits. So if there are 8 servers and you create a character on each one, you get the blue crystals on all of them and convert it to something like 250 days worth of crystal aura.

If it's true this is definitely an oversight. There's no way they intend to give 8-10 months of the premium sub away for free. So the question is... is it worth trying this? Will it be considered an exploit if one were to do it. Or will they let it go because it's their mistake?
dunno, man.
I think for one server it's safe. But eight times? ...

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I don't think they'll leave it alone, best case scenario the additional aura is removed, worst case scenario they ban you, I dunno if it's worth it for a "premium" buff that barely does anything over a full f2p exprience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyougar

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Yesterday i was talking with a friend about new rendering tech in games and how it is interesting that European developers (especially eastern European devs) are the ones that are the first one to adopt new tech and push it. Remedy with Control, 4A games with Metro Exodus, Techland with Dying Light, CDPR with CP2077, Mundfish with Atomic Hearts, Bloober with The Medium, Crytek (even though they are a bit behind these days), i mean even DICE was one of the first devs to do RayTracing.
One reason behind this may be that historically the PC market is strong(er) in this region. And new (graphics) tech often materialises first on the PC.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jeesus, I keep my expectations firmly in check as I have only a relative faith in Valve timetable, but I just checked and I succeeded in pre-purchasing the Deck only 2 minutes after the process was open.
My Deck in the next very few weeks ? Or maybe... how many fucking people can you squeeze in those two minutes ? :thinking-blob:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I don't think they'll leave it alone, best case scenario the additional aura is removed, worst case scenario they ban you, I dunno if it's worth it for a "premium" buff that barely does anything over a full f2p exprience.
Yeah it's not worth it. Especially since I have so much money invested in the account already. I just rolled a Sorc on EUW and damn the class is quite fun from what little I've played. Now I'm wondering if I should switch to it on my main EU Central server :thinking-face:

Also, can I just say that this is absolutely terrible design

Why not make it so that you reach the main menu first and then connect to servers? Connecting to a server first before reaching the main menu is ass backwards and causes problems when the servers are being finicky, which is all the time in this launch. And the game takes ages to start up as well.

I know that you're supposed to expect an MMO launch to be rough and I'm being patient as they sort it out but I am starting to feel that Amazon is getting things wrong with how they're handling the situation.

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Aaaaand that's a wrap for Mass Effect 1. So far this year i finished 8 game, 3 books (soon to be 4), 4 shows (soon to be 6 XD) and 3 projects at work (and working on 3 projects at work and 2 outside work) XD So far this year was productive.

Dec 5, 2018
If you look at the upcoming releases Uncharted is sandwidched between games with a release date of July 2022, while that's not a definitive date and could be changed until they confirm it. So I wouldn't expect another announcement until after that (but so far Sony strategy seems all over the place, so who knows).

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My guess would be Uncharted releasing in May or July. Another thing to keep an eye on is whether Returnal would be released in April, which is one year after the PS5 version.

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope for a soon release of Returnal as I stopped playing it on my PS5 due to the Geforce leak.

I sorta hope for a Demon's Souls announcement, but since Elden Ring will take a good chunk of my time (also planning to play Mortal Shell at some point), it can wait, but a simple "hey, this game is coming to PC" would be nice.

Reactions: QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.