Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Sony going into their back catalogue (waaay back) to release on PC?
It's Piko, so all you're getting is some archive.org sourced isos and a GPL violating emulator farted out on Steam and their PR complaining on Twitter they got like 10 sales and that it's all Valve's fault.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Would look through replies but this site barely loads on mobile yet I can post comments easily lol.

What is up with this refund thing for humble? Why? How much?

I see 2$ in store credit and if that is it that isn't a refund. I barely use humble outside of choice (unless Capcom game cause they fucking suck when it comes to regional pricing) and it has an expiration date.

They are using the term refund wrong.

• Eyes

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
I'm replaying Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (this time I'll finish it) and it's a good game, even though there are some flaws. It's not hard to notice that the development was troubled and the game definitely feels like some areas where stitched together but it still have something special that resonates with me.
No joke I had more fun with 2 than with 3. Yeah it has its problems and the design of the world feels more "gamey", but it felt more pleasant to play.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Dark Souls 2 combat is a lot slower and on the clunky side... the main issue is that you consume far too much stamina to dodge and the Adaptability stat is AWFUL. The tracking of some mobs is just lame, but I guess it's better than some dodgy hitboxes...
But otherwise?
Sure, the levels are not very well interconnected, but then, DS3 isn't any better at that despite a more consistent zone design. And the levels... well they are not obnoxious like DS3 swamp, they are on the shorter side so they don't outlast their welcome, and even the lacking ones like Heide's Tower look at least quite unique. And again, short, so you don't get annoyed for too long.

I like Dark Souls 2 too, and it has one advantage over every single game in the franchise - the PvP is light years ahead. There's far, FAR more options available to you, and more importantly, they are viable, which is absolutely not the case for three quarters of the weapons and spells in the other games. But it also rears its head in PvE, like for split damage weapons being shit in DS3 for 90% of the content.

DS2 is a much less polished game and a bit of a shody patchwork, but they put efforts where it matters for its longevity, and content never reaching the heights of the other games also means that it never sink quite as low when you don't spend 1/15th of the game in them. Also it has many, many more areas than other Souls games and the variety is nice... even if it means that the ingame map that you can find in Majula is actually complete bollocks and makes no sense.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Ah nevermind I was able to find out the answer for Borderlands 3 if it gave a discount to the bundles.

The answers nope! They aren't complete your owned item things so you'd have to rebuy it all later. So that's a bummer.

• Sad

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Just an FYI:

Will get delisted soon (Like the next day or two or whatever) It's already delisted/not available for sale on steam anymore. It's probably only still up because they forgot GOG exists Lol

So if you want a GOT themed Reigns game for some reason here's your last chance

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
At which step did they offer you a discount? I want to make sure so that I don't accidentally skip a month. I might have something I want to buy from the store before skipping
Uh, I didn't pay enough attention :grimacing-face:
It was a bunch of clicks though.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It is harder to grow console MAU becuase you are tethered to a console platform. Console platforms by themselves have really not grown that much in the last generations, with the main increase being the better monetization of the users (case in point, the PS+ suscriber growth).

On the other hand, software only platforms have little barrier of entry for the customer, so it is easier to get new users. That is why Sony / MS are looking for ways outside of the consoles to reach an even wider audience.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I started Witcher 3 yesterday to check a few things, planning to start to play it soon. When I changed the resolution to 2550x1600 I noticed that game was zoomed in for some reason. After a little bit thinking I tested to set the Windows scaling to 100%, was using 125% before, then the game was zoomed in anymore.
Is there anyway to fix it without me changing the windows scaling whenever I want to play Witcher 3? I think I have gotten this problem before in another games

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So, any reason to pause Humble for a month instead of canceling ?

• Eyes

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
And where is mine Steam 2021 Year in Review Valve? Where it is?!
I'm guessing Valve is all hands on deck (pun intended) for the Steam Deck launch and hasn't had time to whip up a review. Just looking at the peak concurrent numbers, 2021 was about 10% higher than 2020 (27.4 PCCU vs. 24.8 PCCU) so MAU is probably in the 130-135 million range.

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Played Trials of Fire for 2 hours. It's a mix of tabletop adventure, roguelike deckbuilder and tactics. Managing a party of three with their respective decks and equipment is a bit taxing on memorization and patience. Already defeated the first boss but it is still not really clicking yet. I will put it on hold for now and focus on those games on hand first.

Also refunded FTL. Really can't get into it. As I like turned-based game rather than real-time, maybe I should have bought Into the Breach instead.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone have a spare Black Book from the monthly? I did a stupid and claimed my copy to my old alt account due to firefox autofilling it's details out and me not noticing. I have like more than 300 plus keys of various things to trade/compensate for it!

It was the only one on my wishlist from this months.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Think ill wait for it to get patched up a few times and drop in price a bit.

Might play the first one again instead.

• Eyes

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Dying Light 1 average rating was about the same as its sequel so I guess if you liked the first one you might enjoy the second entry. But yeah, it's a little shame they didn't invest in better writers. DL1 was full of cliches and the sequel's story doesn't sound like an upgrade.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
So, it would be smart to buy Deaths Stranding now on sale right? Its 18€ and with the DC upgrade for another 10€, 28€ is much cheaper than the 40€ that the directors cut will cost.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
So, it would be smart to buy Deaths Stranding now on sale right? Its 18€ and with the DC upgrade for another 10€, 28€ is much cheaper than the 40€ that the directs cut will cost.
I'd do that. 12 euro might buy you a nice coffee and pastry! (I think I'm not European :toucan: )

• Gib

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Anyone have a copy of Borderlands 3 they want to sell? Trying to trade a copy for Gnosia 👀

I already bought a copy from Choice and traded that away for something else. Just need another copy.

• Eyes

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
If how difficult it is to find any spare Humble Choice keys the past couple of months is any indication, their rates have absolutely plummeted. Or, the people subscribing just really love everything every time now :thinking-blob:

Technically the month is the cheapest way to get the two games I want, but... hate doing that

• Eyes

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Finished GoW Ascension, was kinda meh and had constant audio stutters. Booted now Chains of Olympus from PS3 collection, this feels more better experience.

• Eyes

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Anyone have a copy of Borderlands 3 they want to sell? Trying to trade a copy for Gnosia 👀

I already bought a copy from Choice and traded that away for something else. Just need another copy.
If you still have a copy of Gnosia then I'll trade it to you later on today. I used the Director's cut key though since I already bought Boardersland 3 when it launched.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
If how difficult it is to find any spare Humble Choice keys the past couple of months is any indication, their rates have absolutely plummeted. Or, the people subscribing just really love everything every time now :thinking-blob:

Technically the month is the cheapest way to get the two games I want, but... hate doing that
Is grey market an option for you? I've used them in the past to get keys for bundled games where I didn't want to buy the full bundle and never had any issues.

• Eyes

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
If you still have a copy of Gnosia then I'll trade it to you later on today. I used the Director's cut key though since I already bought Boardersland 3 when it launched.
I'm the one trying to get a copy of Gnosia. I want to get a copy of Borderlands 3 so I can get Gnosia. If you're selling Borderlands 3 then I can buy it off you.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Is grey market an option for you? I've used them in the past to get keys for bundled games where I didn't want to buy the full bundle and never had any issues.
Which market is that? Usually I go to the Era B/S/T thread by default, since it used to be pretty active. Could be that group just doesn't do Humble anymore.

• Eyes

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Went pretty light on the Lunar Sale.

Didn't see any "too good to pass up" deals, opting instead for a couple super-cheap titles that looked interesting. Tiny Lands isn't very expensive to start with but it was a dice roll that paid off as it's a super-sexy "spot the difference" game with nice production values for the casual genre.

Since I wasn't biting on anything big I decided to splurge and go for Terminator: Resistance at -50%. Had it Wishlisted forever and after the first sit-down boy howdy am I impressed.

Everyone said it's a budget title punching above its weight. That it captured the feel of T1 better than anything on the market, past or present.

As someone who actually had their but sitting in a theater seat back in '84 for the series' debut, I hard agree.

How about that?

Mighty impressed.

For a budget title the nighttime lighting is pretty damn ace between the Skynet white/blue floodlights and debris fires. And I know the film-grain filter is a personal taste* affair, but I think it works really well here in capturing the feel of the original movie.

* Unlike Motion-blur, which should auto-revoke anyone's Gamer Card.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Looking at the DL2 reviews, I'll probably get it in a sale in a few years. I only played DL1 in like early 2020 so I'm in no hurry.

• Eyes

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
I literally picked up Dying Light Platinum Edition from a key reseller for $5. Looks like Dying Light 2 seems to have conflicted takes from people and bugs so I'll probably end up picking that up in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.