Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

looks like fun, looking forward to playing it on PC Game Pass next year. Steam page still isn't up yet
Graphics look amazing, and this is the best recreation of Japanese streets I have ever seen. I wonder how big the map will be. Will it cover the whole area of Shibuya?

Combat looks ok. Animations are great but I want to know more. The enemies seem to be a bit bullet magic-sponge.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Actually doesn't surprise me at all that Nintendo would be interested in NFTs.
They do like artificially limited releases, worthless collectables, and manipulating people.
Is Elden Ring gonna get delayed again because of the RCE exploit in their PvP code?

I don't know enough about Easy Anti Cheat to answer this question.
No they wouldn't delay the game because of something silly like a RCE. Why would it hurt From if their customers are hacked? But I think there's a decent chance they'll get around to patching it (some time).

I know I'll be playing offline at launch until we know.

What's juicy is if they can do RCE on consoles with this. Perhaps a Splinter Cell Xbox situation maybe? :evilblob:

Last edited:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Fortunately it won't, the exploit has been fixed and ER has already gone gold
It has not been fixed yet.
Maybe this is just copium but I doubt Nintendo will get into NFTs and they just said that to appease the shareholders.

And like, Nintendo can barely make semi competent online functions, that are decades old, into their games, let alone make them compatible with a relatively new technology.
Nintendo won't do it to appease shareholders. They'll do it because they are :evilblob:

looks like fun, looking forward to playing it on PC Game Pass next year. Steam page still isn't up yet
Anyone else get Maken X vibes?

Anyone else know what Maken X is...

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The only way someone can invade you in Elden Ring is if you play co-op so you should still get benefits of solo online play without worrying about invasions.

I doubt they would delay the entirety of ER over that anyway. Maybe just the PVP stuff until its patched.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Steam Store page is indeed up now.
Oh wow! Actual decent regional pricing from Bethesda, it's been so long since I've seen that. They must not be super confident in its commercial prospects. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue:

I'm a big fan of the Tokyo by night aesthetic, so I'll give this a chance!

Anyone else get Maken X vibes?

Anyone else know what Maken X is...
Ooh, me, me! This definitely gives me Maken X vibes, and the prospect of having that kind of gameplay (modernized) in a next generation Japan sounds damn good to me.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and low-G

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
The author of Blue Sentinel mod (which is the same guy that discovered the exploit) claimed to have fixed it shortly after, iirc
Worst case scenario the game will be out with no pvp servers at launch, but I doubt it
Oh yeah modders have fixed it. Modders identified, documented, and fixed it 10 ways from Sunday. I should say that the publisher hasn't released a fix.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Steam Store page is indeed up now.
Oh wow, it comes out one day before my birthday. It looks interesting, but Steam Deck will likely soak up a lot of dosh right around that time, so I will at least wait to see how it reviews AND if it runs well on Steam Deck, then maybeee I will consider sooner rather than later :evilblob:
As proven time and time again, deluxe editions are a total waste of money.
Yeah an extra 20USD for a few outfits is just....hmm..... I guess coming from the company who brought us 5USD horse armor, getting 6 items for 3.33USD/piece is a steal! :smart-thinking-blob:

• Evil

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Take a look on these card alternatives
Curve Card or Revolut. Might help you with currency conversion fees, which are absurdly high
Paypal also does its own conversion and charges you in your local currency. At least that’s how it has worked for me.

• This!

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Problem is humble won't let you use PayPal funds to pay for choice and can only use PayPal if a bankcard is connected and then it uses the card and thus I still get hit with the fee.
Thats ready odd. I use a debit card with it, and the payment shows up as a regular euro transaction on my end because Paypal already did the currency conversion.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Thats ready odd. I use a debit card with it, and the payment shows up as a regular euro transaction on my end because Paypal already did the currency conversion.
Yeah in the bank statement it shows the transaction in euro, but still there is a fee because the underlying currency was dollars, or more that the money is sent to the US to humble. Yeah my bank sucks but that only happens on humble so havent bothered to change.

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Problem is humble won't let you use PayPal funds to pay for choice and can only use PayPal if a bankcard is connected and then it uses the card and thus I still get hit with the fee.
That is really weird. Because it's the exact same setup I have (Paypal with a bank account connected) and I always get billed in € because PayPal already does the conversion.

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I think when you use bank card connected to PayPal it isn't PayPal that does the conversation but only acts as an intermediary.
I doubt it, because PayPal have their own currency conversion rate, how would they know which price to show you if they leave the conversion to your bank?
Your bank is doing some really weird shit here that honestly makes no sense to me.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I mean, the last Voice of Cards was less than four months ago.
... and it might be pretty cheap to make those games considering how they look and feel.

But maybe they could make them good instead. Or even decent. Or even below average would be an improvement. Because, yeah.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
My mind is still thoroughly blown by that fee, Le Pertti. Have you considered sending in a question about it to your national consumer protection agency to look into the matter? It really seems dubious. Maybe you can get some of your money back.

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
I've not been following it too much but do we know if Elden Ring still uses some form of player messages? I don't tend to bother with multiplayer but I always liked having those as well as the bloodstains and ghosts of other players. Thats the stuff I'd miss if forced to play offline due to these security issues.

I still semi resent that I basically paid for PS Plus just to have them in Bloodborne.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.