Community MetaSteam | February 2022 - Good night, and good luck, Lowly Tarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Well, maybe some of the smaller stuff will come sooner to give Bobby a few more bucks.
Those sales are pocket money for them. I mean they didn't even port CTR that was success but not big money maker. Activision-Blizzard releases were really inconsistent in past few years.

Reactions: Mor
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Those sales are pocket money for them. I mean they didn't even port CTR that was success but not big money maker. Activision-Blizzard releases were really inconsistent in past few years.
We will see, it sure seems like an interesting possibility :D

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Crazy to think we are seeing another land war in Europe in in the 21 century. Kinda mind boggling. Hope causalities stay low, but not optimistic.
History repeats itself time after time, it's not the first and won't be the last, sadly countries disappear, others born, borders move, it's a change that when you check it in history books it seems like quick changes but time is a perception that sure is crazy to understand sometimes.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Day one patch for Elden Ring

Patch notes for Elden Ring version 1.02 are available now.

We have started distributing a patch to improve the stability of the gameplay. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please apply the latest patch before playing the game.

When this patch is applied, the version on the bottom right of the title screen will read as follows:

App Ver. 1.02
Regulation Ver. 1.02.1

Major items included in the latest update:

• Improved player controls
  • Addition and adjustment of BGM
  • Text adjustments
  • Balance adjustments
  • NPC event fixes and adjustments
  • Fixed frame rate drops under certain conditions
  • Fixed text bug in some languages

*Timing for the implementation of ray tracing, which is planned to be supported after the launch, will be revealed in future announcements.

Please apply the patch after downloading the full game.

This patch is also available in the Digital Art Book & Soundtrack included in the Digital Deluxe Edition. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but please apply the update file to this as well before starting the game.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Will we see big name video game companies endorse the Steam Deck?

By the way I thought that today was when embargos get lifted or is that tomorrow?

• Eyes

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
History repeats itself time after time, it's not the first and won't be the last, sadly countries disappear, others born, borders move, it's a change that when you check it in history books it seems like quick changes but time is a perception that sure is crazy to understand sometimes.
Yeah, boarder push and pull is a story as old as time, sadly.

It's strange, my wife's parents passed along one of those vintage old map globes with the light inside that they've owned forever. We use as a side-table decoration in our dining room.

It's wild as I believe its manufacture date somewhere around the 1950s if memory serves. In some regions of the globe the country boarders are completely different than they are today, which makes it an interesting conversation piece. U.S.S.R. is fully intact, some African nations are present that are no longer a thing. Stuff like that.

Just serves as a reminder that boarders are fluid and nothing is set in stone.

The only tragedy is the human cost of that boarder movement.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Ugh Elden Ring has Dx12 shader compilation stutter. Hopefully we can force dx11 like a few other games.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, I would like to go full sheep and buy Elden Ring too ! But at this point the annoying fact is I simply won't have time for it. I'm still knee deep in Pathfinder Kingmaker and if the Deck comes soon I will evidently play some games on it (and I sure as fuck don't want to play a From game on a shiny new portable).
Where would I find the time to add it to my rotation ?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
first of all: I am in Eastern Germany

Fucking hell, was taking a nap and was woken up by a muffled boom and tiny vibrations of the bed.
This happens every so often, maybe 3 times a year at that intensity. Don't even know what causes it, didn't really care before.
Now, the first few seconds of post-sleep awareness, I panicked a little.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Fucking hell, was taking a nap and was woken up by a muffled boom and tiny vibrations of the bed.
This happens every so often, maybe 3 times a year at that intensity. Don't even know what causes it, didn't really care before.
Maybe a plane going supersonic? I heard that once outside, sounds a bit like a cannonball going off.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

You sure it's real too? There's a syndrome called 'exploding head' where people hear large explosions that aren't there. I think I experienced it one time.

But yeah besides that, there's tons of things that can cause a huge boom. Earthquakes, meteors entering the atmosphere, jets. The other day there was a car crash just outside my house and I thought it was a bomb.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
You sure it's real too? There's a syndrome called 'exploding head' where people hear large explosions that aren't there. I think I experienced it one time.

But yeah besides that, there's tons of things that can cause a huge boom. Earthquakes, meteors entering the atmosphere, jets. The other day there was a car crash just outside my house and I thought it was a bomb.
I was waking up more from the vibrations than the boom.
Was sleeping lightly anyway, massive tinnitus problem since 4AM this morning

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and low-G

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Holy crap. I don't know if a sonic boom could cause hearing damage...
NO! :D

My tinnitus problem started 11 hours ago, the boom was an hour ago.
I have tinnitus since two decades ago, but this morning it was so loud that I had to go to the doctor. Well they can't really do anything about it other than giving the "don't think about it" advice. (and sick leave for 10 days because I work at a call center)

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

I have tinnitus since two decades ago, but this morning it was so loud that I had to go to the doctor. Well they can't really do anything about it other than giving the "don't think about it" advice. (and sick leave for 10 days because I work at a call center)
I have every sympathy with you. My tinnitus has reached the point it is just constant. I think I first noticed when I started working from home. No background noise and I live alone so you tend to notice it then.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
From the sounds of it, according to that one Linux dude. We will be seeing a big announcement from AMD regarding the Steam Deck tomorrow.

Also he mentioned how we will end up seeing Apex on there (I think some one here already mentioned it since it already has a Steam Deck test branch), we will also be seeing Destiny 2 and also likely MCC sometime in the future.

But yeah we will likely not see AAA steam verified stuff unless in does well in the future (for marketing stuff)

But who knows maybe we will see Capcom say he check out MH on Steam Deck or something.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Is it possible to play Elden Ring through VPN to south korea, or is that a thing of the past?

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
After pouring through some Eldon video reviews I can't believe I'm actually considering nabbing it sometime this week.

It would be my first full $60 AAA purchase since...checks notes...RE2make back in 2019, lol.

Gonna wait on Digital Foundry PC analysis after Day One patch to see how it handles stability.

I'm still on that GTX 1080 bubble where ER could run decently @ 1080p with the launch patch or conversely still be bullocks in regards to in-game stutters, etc.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

Oh man, I thought that noise from this morning caused the damage. That would be wild!

Sorry to hear it. :(

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I feel a strong anger over Russian invasion of Ukraine, such a disgusting, unjustified attack.
I feel the same. Worst thing is that this war seems so useless. The Russian population won't benefit in any way of this invasion. On the contrary: the economical sanctions will hurt them a lot. All of this because their insane leader wants more power. Disgusting.

My heart goes out to the people of Ukraine, and to all other people who will suffer mentally or economical because of this war. 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.