Community MetaSteam | February 2024 - Let's bring democracy into the zone with love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
This video shows it compared with the other versions of the game, for those who didn't play them yet or didn't pay that much attention to recall all differences.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
That looks really cool, potentially, though the video shows too little gameplay and I've never heard of that studio before to get real confidence in its future.
yeah, something's not completely right here, but maybe it's just an impression, guess we'll see

Reactions: QFNS

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The game they show on the same page, Robin HOod - Sherwood Buildiers is by PlayWay. Another of their ghost studios :(
yeah, seems to be a playway joint, as usual :p but, at the very least, all their games are serviceable, it's just that they don't even start making most of them :p but if they actually get made - they're at least decent

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
The evolution of Gundam (full priced retail) releases in the last years has been fascinating
We went from New Gundam Breaker (which is a truly terrible game btw) being a retail worldwide release on PS4 and Steam and supporting 9 languages (dub only in JP)
Then Bamco decided the west didn't like Gundam because we didn't buy a terrible game and started making games JP/Asia only
Out of nowhere SD Gundam G Gen Cross Rays releases Steam only in the west. The game supports only 5 languages (mostly asian languages and JP dub only)
That release must have been unexpectedly popular because SD Gundam Battle Alliance, the next one, came back on consoles in the west (but digital only) and supported 12 languages (once again JP only dub)
And now here we are with Gundam Breaker 4. The game is releasing retail worldwide (but skips Xbox) and not only supports 13 languages (the most so far), but 3 of them also have dubs (english, japanese and traditional chinese). This is the first time a retail Gundam game has english dubs since maybe the last 10 years

Reactions: PC-tan

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Hope the next Gundam VS update/release comes to Steam. Not sure if there are other series I'd want but at least that one's probably still quality, being this long lasting @ the arcades and with the original games being by Capcom (though they've renovated the gameplay without them since, the core seems similar).

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
London Studio hasn't released anything since 2019 and only worked on PSVR1, kind of bad to frame it as related to ongoing VR business like Schreier does tbh...

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Watched Nick Offermans spirit award speech and liked how he called the love story i

Better start fast forwarding PC ports.
news next week in game magazines

• Doubt

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
This is just the tip of the iceberg, I mentioned late last year that the next couple of years would be brutal filled with layoffs, downsizes and bankruptcies, especially in 2024.
This is happening across the whole economy and across all industries, there's nothing special that hits the games industry especially hard (except the part you can label it as a luxury and non-essential). The whole system is collapsing and the worst part is that there's nothing we can do to soften the blow or avoid the impending doom.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
These gaming companies are so poorly managed. The AAA industry is in such a shit state today.

At this point I wanna see both Microsoft and Sony scale things back for their next gen hardware. I don't wanna hear about giant hardware and tech leaps for next gen. Both of them need to release affordable and readily available hardware. The whole point of console gaming is affordability and accessibility. These things are neither today. They need to get more n more units into peoples homes so that software can have healthy sales and long legs.

Reggie was right about that red ocean comment he made years back when he said Nintendo doesn't wanna directly compete with PS/Xbox. It really is a stupid race to see who can make the shittiest 500$ locked down PC without all the benefits of PC gaming.

Nintendo is gonna sell 150 million Switch units and that thing is like 4x less powerful than the Steam Deck. That is the direction I wanna see Xbox and PS go in the future. Make an affordable 300$ console. Maybe make a handheld to compliment the console. And craft dozens n dozens of 1st party games for them that don't cost 300 million dollars to make while being in dev for 6 years. Let the few insane giant companies make their GTAs n shit but the first party gaming needs to return to the PS2/X360 days. And make more small-mid budget games that don't take more than 2 years of dev and don't cost so much that they can sink entire teams if something goes wrong.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
These gaming companies are so poorly managed. The AAA industry is in such a shit state today.

At this point I wanna see both Microsoft and Sony scale things back for their next gen hardware. I don't wanna hear about giant hardware and tech leaps for next gen. Both of them need to release affordable and readily available hardware. The whole point of console gaming is affordability and accessibility. These things are neither today. They need to get more n more units into peoples homes so that software can have healthy sales and long legs.

Reggie was right about that red ocean comment he made years back when he said Nintendo doesn't wanna directly compete with PS/Xbox. It really is a stupid race to see who can make the shittiest 500$ locked down PC without all the benefits of PC gaming.

Nintendo is gonna sell 150 million Switch units and that thing is like 4x less powerful than the Steam Deck. That is the direction I wanna see Xbox and PS go in the future. Make an affordable 300$ console. Maybe make a handheld to compliment the console. And craft dozens n dozens of 1st party games for them that don't cost 300 million dollars to make while being in dev for 6 years. Let the few insane giant companies make their GTAs n shit but the first party gaming needs to return to the PS2/X360 days. And make more small-mid budget games that don't take more than 2 years of dev and don't cost so much that they can sink entire teams if something goes wrong.
It's too late, they've already trained their customers to expect these overpriced games.

It's a self inflicted wound.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
At least Sony's PC push for non-service titles is set to continue. They would be beyond stupid to stop releasing their expensive single player games on more platforms, along with multiplayer/service games obviously.

Now, where's TLOU 2 on PC ? Weird that it was not announced back in November.

• This!
Reactions: Lashley

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This is just the tip of the iceberg, I mentioned late last year that the next couple of years would be brutal filled with layoffs, downsizes and bankruptcies, especially in 2024.
This is happening across the whole economy and across all industries, there's nothing special that hits the games industry especially hard (except the part you can label it as a luxury and non-essential). The whole system is collapsing and the worst part is that there's nothing we can do to soften the blow or avoid the impending doom.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
That is the direction I wanna see Xbox and PS go in the future. Make an affordable 300$ console.
Phil announced the biggest generational leap ever seen in the video game industry with the next generation... on that Microsoft strategy podcast. This doesn't sound very affordable :-/

• Sad
Reactions: yuraya

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Dear God, the industry is in shambles. I really hope people can find employment elsewhere but other industries are doing constant layoffs too. The world has gone to shit,

It's pretty shocking how fast things are changing.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Took a break from one and done games until Rebirth is out.

I have explored:

• Voidigo is a really good roguelike, like a spiritual successor to Vlambeers Nuclear Throne which I really liked
  • Astral Ascent is a hidden gem of a roguelike (main negative is that the spell system is too complicated for me)
  • Galactic Civ 3 has gotten more understandable for me
  • Discovered that No Man's Sky isn't really for me. Really enjoyed the first bunch of hours, but now the game feels like a drag in what to do

Reactions: Stevey and lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Phil announced the biggest generational leap ever seen in the video game industry with the next generation... on that Microsoft strategy podcast. This doesn't sound very affordable :-/
I rolled my eyes so hard when they said that in the vid.

Price of GPUs goes up
Price of consoles goes up
Price of services goes up
Games take longer to make
Games increase in price

In the end everyone loses. And the people who love to play games lose the most.

Microsoft and Sony need to understand that it is ok if not every new hardware launch is some massive leap over the previous gen. The industry needs some type of retracement. Phone companies release new phones all the time with very minor upgrades and they still sell a lot. And figure out to stay profitable because penetrating the market is as important as the tech leaps themselves.

Xbox had half of a good idea at the start imo. This gen would have been completely fine if both companies had a Series S type of thing for 300$. Its really not the end of the world if people still play at 1080p or 1440p instead of 4k. So little amount of big games get released it makes all the power unnecessary. And wasteful. Frames get sacrificed. The resolution is rarely stable 4k anyways as it jumps around. They even have to invent stupid words like "Dynamic" and dumb modes like performance/quality. Just fuck off with this mess really.

If MS/Sony keep going down this path they are gonna lose a lot of living room gamers. And its unlikely they get those gamers back because there is a lot of other avenues to go these days to play the best games. Its already kinda happening with Xbox so if Sony can't make this work its gonna be a wrap.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Layoff sucks.

I wonder if going forward if people are letting younger people, especially those in highschool and college about all of this.

I was too young in 2008 when the whole economy was terrible. Was it this bad, was it a whole lot worse? What happened?

Looking back I feel like I should have tried to have been even more frugal then I was. Hardly spending any more money than I need to. Since a lot of people have bills that just keep piling up and people are just so use to spending money (credit card debt) and now a lot of people have lot their jobs and in a way still have the same expenses that they did when they had a full time job for years. And maybe they only have a part time job now.

It sucks.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Shareholders have sucked the life out of the global economy. They’re going to eat us all alive before they turn on each other.

Unless people coordinate and overthrow them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.