Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I just keep a really short friends list on purpose. Cuz I'm a jerk or somethin'. Think the biggest my list ever got was 45. Then I panicked and culled it to 32. It's nothing personal or maliciously motivated, just people I don't talk to, share common interests with, or interact with frequently. One tough pill to swallow for me was always that people on your friend's list could instantly chat with you, and I don't really like to chat on that level with people I'm not personal with or long-time friendly. I had such a hard time joining and getting used to discord for this reason. (And even then I've found I prefer smaller servers, so sorry I almost never visit PCGamingEra discord lol.) Forums to the rescue! :love: This old-school feeling has a layer of disconnect between time and people. I appreciate that feeling/layer.

I suppose for people with friends numbering in the hundreds though, managing them would be a pain yeah. Probably not very personal at that level either. That would give me some wicked anxiety.
Yeah I don't really frequent large Discord servers either, they just move too fast for me in general. So that means you should join the FalcomEra discord, it's small and cozy and full of nice people :p

Regarding Steam friends and chat: A lot of the people on my Steam friendlist I at least recognize, but there are a few I have no idea who they are, lol.
But from my experience not many people just start randomly chatting. And the ones that do occasionally write me are the ones I recognize :D

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Your wife need her own account :)
Family sharing? I never tried it before, how does it work actually?

There's only one PC at home. While she has her own Windows user to do her work and play other games, she has to use my user account to play Fallout 4 because the save system is stored locally. I guess I can copy the save files to her user account, but I'm not sure about how would family sharing work with my circumstances. There's another option which is to crack the game so it won't be tracked anymore. But it doesn't really bother me.

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Family sharing? I never tried it before, how does it work actually?

There's only one PC at home. While she has her own Windows user to do her work and play other games, she has to use my user account to play Fallout 4 because the save system is stored locally. I guess I can copy the save files to her user account, but I'm not sure about how would family sharing work with my circumstances. There's another option which is to crack the game so it won't be tracked anymore. But it doesn't really bother me.
If you are using one computer then it's even easier. But it has been a long time since I did this, so I don't remember. So here is a very short video that describes the process

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I have 250 people on my steams friendlist.
I did in fact cut down from 300 to 150 a few years ago in an attempt to make it more managable, but turns out there were too many people that i actually recognized from forums and such that i didn't really go through with it.
So essentially i accept any and all friends requeasts except from obvious scammers and traders).

I haven't really had any bad experiences that way, only a few weird ones like a dude starting a conversation about ecstacy with me.

My wife just can't stop playing Fallout 4 these days. This cannot continue...
That's a good reason for a divorce in my book.
"Irreconcilable differences".

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
If you are using one computer then it's even easier. But it has been a long time since I did this, so I don't remember. So here is a very short video that describes the process
Thanks, I'll try this. I guess I still need to copy the save files, right? Does the progress is shared too?

That's a good reason for a divorce in my book.
"Irreconcilable differences".
I blame Fallout Shelter. Oh, and The Sims. Fallout 4 is like post apocalyptic The Sims.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Thanks, I'll try this. I guess I still need to copy the save files, right? Does the progress is shared too?

I blame Fallout Shelter. Oh, and The Sims. Fallout 4 is like post apocalyptic The Sims.
Steam cloud, achievements, play time are not shared. But take note that save files might be shared if using same Windows account. It depends on how the devs made the save system. If the save files are stored in My Documents folder then you should move all the save files to your wife's Windows account.
Here is a link to PCGW that tells you where to look and it looks like they are indeed stored in My documents folder
Fallout 4 | PCGamingWiki

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I think it will be priced the same as their other VN's. Somewhere between $30 and $50, which is fair imo, Cuz these aren't like those indie VN's that last for 2~5 hours. Chaos;Child is 50+ hours if you do all the endings.

I am super curious if they'll ever officially release Chaos;Head outside Japan though. People been begging for a while and seeing the comment sections in articles for this announcement reminded me that Westerners thought it was weird to get CC before CH.

Deleted member 113

Onimusha is so goooooood
Never played any entry in the series.

Let's see if the game is indeed worthy of your seal of approval. ;)

The How Long To Beat website lists the game length as between 5 to 10 hours, depending of how much of a completionist you are.
Is this correct?
Hopefully it is, since I have been struggling to finish most games above the 8-10 hour mark.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
For me C;C was a bit of a slow starter. Which probably seems odd given that it opens with a man eating his hand. But that kinda gore stuff stops being shocking in VN's if your familiar with stuff like Saya no Uta or Hayarigami. Heck, even Kara No Shoujo. (Also available on Steam.)

It was really good though. Haven't read Fata Morgana (yet) to compare.... For me it's on the level of S;G. Which is great. I wouldn't say better than S;G personally, the stories they offer are quite a bit different after all. Both are great.

Deleted member 113

For those picking up the Humble Double Fine Presents Bundle, give Escape Goat 2 a try.
The game is a blast to play. It's an awesome puzzle platformer.

Reactions: lashman and Echoes

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
For those picking up the Humble Double Fine Presents Bundle, give Escape Goat 2 a try.
The game is a blast to play. It's an awesome puzzle platformer.
Sadly, I think I own all of them.
Post automatically merged:

I have this odd hankering to play MH... but I’ve never played a MH game before.

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Can you elaborate a bit on that?

Also is it better than Umineko :p?
It's... no, it's obviously worse than Umineko.
Although Umineko is more of an acquired taste, while C;C should be up anyone's (except for weeb haters like Lashman) alley.
(Unless stuff like a YT streamer eating his own hand live bothers you.)
C;C won me over with how bloody bleak it is. Se7en or Saya no Uta just ooze optimism by comparison.
It starts out slow, almost like a Japanese version of Scooby-Doo, and doesn't seem like it'll be anything special in a post-Steins;Gate world, but generally the further you're in, the more the game wears you down - each time you think things can't get any worse stuff happens.
Take note though, the official localization is sloppy at best (lots of Japanese left over, including some unsubbed movies). There's a fan-patch for the Japanese PC version of the game which fixes loads of stuff (done by the same group that patched S;G and S;G 0 for PC), so you might want to wait up for them to remake patch for Steam release before playing.

For me C;C was a bit of a slow starter. Which probably seems odd given that it opens with a man eating his hand. But that kinda gore stuff stops being shocking in VN's if your familiar with stuff like Saya no Uta or Hayarigami. Heck, even Kara No Shoujo. (Also available on Steam.)
That boxes scene though, eh, eh?

Reactions: lashman and Gevin

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

Reminds me of Cinemassacre'S similar video where they tested friends whether they could tell the difference between regular PS4 and the Pro.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
That boxes scene though, eh, eh?
There is a box trauma in Chaos;Head too, though quite a bit less...(I dunno appropriate word to put here honestly. Dramatic?)

One of my favorite characters though. :cry: When it happened it upset me quite a bit. I have siblings, so maybe I was taking it too personally lol.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Never played any entry in the series.

Let's see if the game is indeed worthy of your seal of approval. ;)

The How Long To Beat website lists the game length as between 5 to 10 hours, depending of how much of a completionist you are.
Is this correct?
Hopefully it is, since I have been struggling to finish most games above the 8-10 hour mark.
yup its short game but there is unlockable modes you could get and stuff like in the old resi evil games too

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Steam cloud, achievements, play time are not shared. But take note that save files might be shared if using same Windows account. It depends on how the devs made the save system. If the save files are stored in My Documents folder then you should move all the save files to your wife's Windows account.
Here is a link to PCGW that tells you where to look and it looks like they are indeed stored in My documents folder
Fallout 4 | PCGamingWiki
Yeah, the save files are localized. I've tried logging my Steam account in with wife's Windows account and it doesn''t recognize the progress. That's why she use my Windows account to play Fallout 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.