Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Yeah, the save files are localized. I've tried logging my Steam account in with wife's Windows account and it doesn''t recognize the progress. That's why she use my Windows account to play Fallout 4.
Did you move the save files to her windows account?

You probably need to disable steam cloud on her steam account

Reactions: lashman

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Gave up on my plan to finish some more games before GOTY voting as I hadn't managed to start any of the games I was looking to and went ahead and voted.

My picks:
1. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
2. Yakuza 0
3. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
4. Unavowed
5. GRIS

DLC: Un Pueblo De Nada
Early Access: Slay the Spire

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Steam Community :: Group :: Steam Client Beta

Steam Client Beta Update - January 16
16 JANUARY - TAYLOR SHERMAN
General
  • Support using ipv6 for connections to download servers
  • Fixed multiple issues in tracking Steam window and chat window position and size when adjusted by the user or automatically through DPI and screen size changes
Overlay
  • Added "Force Quit" button to the desktop client overlay, matching existing Big Picture functionality. Force-quitting a game can result in loss of unsaved data
Vulkan Shader Pre-Caching
  • Added preliminary support for collecting source pipelines from Vulkan applications
  • Added support for the AMD Windows Vulkan driver for binary cache entries collection
SteamInput
  • Added support for PDP Wired Fight Pad Pro
  • Added support for PDP Faceoff Wired Pro Controller
  • Allow the On-screen Keyboard to spawn on secondary monitors
  • Fixed a bug that could require you to hit the “Summon On-screen Keyboard” button twice before it launched
  • Fixed Mouse region bindings in windowed games running without the Big Picture Overlay
  • Fixed an issue where frequent rumble commands from games could cause input stuttering for PS4 controllers
Big Picture
  • Fixed Control-A/Control-B sending enter and backspace respectively on Windows when in web browser and chat panels
Linux
  • Fixed 0-byte downloads getting queued on startup for all Steam Play titles
  • Fixed incorrect mouse wheel scrolling offsets
  • Fixed an issue where some games wouldn't be properly detected as still running despite some of their processes still lingering in the background
  • Fixed system tray including menu sometimes including too many recent game entries
  • Fixed settings dialog incorrectly always prompting for a client restart
  • Added gnutls 3 to the Steam Runtime, fixing network connectivity issues in many Steam Play titles
  • Fixed an issue with host libssl on newer distributions breaking some titles
  • Fixed a bug that could result in being unable to create shortcuts for certain games. To unblock previously affected titles, delete all *.ico and *.zip files from ~/.steam/root/steam/games and "Verify Game Files" to re-download the icons with the right format
  • Fixed a crash with in-game purchases in Big Picture

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I'm at the point where I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just submit my goty votes as is. rip voting for dragon quest 11

RIP in pepperoni

Makes sense honestly, given how much of their client is already web based (e.g. store, community, etc.) I guess they're using node?

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Just please for the love of all that is holy, give me some scaling/zoom options separately from the Windows DPI/Scaling tickbox.

Please. Accessibility options shouldn't have to be begged for these days. Even Origin has zoom levels.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Well, it took Valve a loooooooooooooooooooong while to implement even basic DPI scaling on the client (when was that? Beginning of last year?) so it didn't look a blurry mess when zoom factors on Windows. If the new client is indeed web based, it should be easy... but it obviously isn't high on the list of priorities.

zkylon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4
Nov 2, 2018
i like that doto's card game tanks cos that maybe means we won't get a league card game and i'll save myself a lot of money

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
I'm on a puzzle craze after replaying Portal 1&2. Gonna try The Talos Principle when I get my hands on it.

Any other first person puzzle games I should check out? How's The Witness? I hear mixed opinions.

zkylon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4
Nov 2, 2018
I'm on a puzzle craze after replaying Portal 1&2. Gonna try The Talos Principle when I get my hands on it.

Any other first person puzzle games I should check out? How's The Witness? I hear mixed opinions.
i think the talos principle is an interesting game but not necessarily a very fun one and definitely one that didn't land for me

the witness on the other hand is probably one of the most amazing games i ever played. it's not a game that cares a lot about warming up to you but i think the puzzling in the witness is profound in a sense few other games achieve, you'll marvel yourself at how fluent you naturally become at its language and i found it very rewarding in almost like a spiritual sense. it does have very pretentious bad philosophy in it that is completely skippable although there's one long bit you should definitely listen to (i forgot who told me last that pretentious was a bad word to use in this manner but i forgot so whatevs!)

for other suggestions, just the ones i recommend off googling "puzzle games"
- if you haven't played braid yet, obviously do that (and probably play that before the witness i think).
- gorogoa is super impressive and clever
- i like mirrormoon ep quite a bit too, tho it's a weirder kind of puzzle game
- fez is amazing and i should some day replay it
- the swapper is excellent
- monument valley is much like gorogoa a massive achievement in combining aesthetic and gameplay
- lara croft go is super smart puzzle goodness distilled into something really intuitive and fun. i don't like hitman go but ppl enjoyed that one too

Status
Not open for further replies.