Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I also built the Seamoth in Subnautica yesterday, did some exploring, found quite a bit of story-related stuff that made me really interested in going deeper and nearly got another trauma.
Here I am just cozily exploring the waters in my tiny submarine. Suddenly AI voice starts speaking: "Large amount of Leviathan-class lifeforms detected in the area. Are you sure whatever you're doing is worth it?" and I noped the hell out of there that very second. Just no.
Also finally crafted the Compass module for the HUD. Hurray for navigation aids! I nearly didn't find the way back to my base the first time after swimming back to the Lifepod, lol.

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
It is still free or low fee to send money within same region. It's more difficult than before but you can still find single games
it's one euro for any transaction not to store, even 1 cent one, nope, not an option

what are those regions with no fee btw?

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

The recent Monthly bundles have been so great, I completely forgot that today is new bundle day. :giggle:

Don't get me wrong, I do think pretty much every bundle so far has been worth the price tag, if you don't own the games already.
But, recently they have been going for older titles, and I own pretty much everything. I owned every game (except for the Humble original title, of course) for the months of November, and December. In October, the only game I didn't own already was... Overwatch (a title I don't care about at all, it's not my genre).

I still have a subscription for a few more months (because I made the mistake of renewing my subscription during a promotion, just before IGN bought Humble, despite having a yearly subscription already that was just starting), but after that, I'm out.
Unless things change drastically, the bundle, in it's format, is not really worth it any more for a guy like me who owns a lot of games already.
In the old format, you had one or two games each month that were recently launched (sometimes even on the very same day the bundle was revealed), which made the bundles more worthwhile.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
it's one euro for any transaction not to store, even 1 cent one, nope, not an option

what are those regions with no fee btw?
I have never paid any fee when sending money to Europeans in euros. That might have to do with the fact that I linked my Paypal to my bank account years ago.

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
how did you do that when they let to link only US accounts? or even better question when did you do this?

not like it really matters, as I don't plan to let anybody directly to my bank account for any reason, just I remember from some time ago, you could link only US accounts..

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Transferring money is a hell of a dungeon. Sometimes it costs fees even sending within same region and same currency, sometimes not. So if you got unlucky to pay a fee to transfer money within same region it could be that the receiver's account has been set differently

Personally when I transfer money to someone is US I choose Paying for service or goods. The fee is still high, but much lower than the Friend & Family fee

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
how did you do that when they let to link only US accounts? or even better question when did you do this?

not like it really matters, as I don't plan to let anybody directly to my bank account for any reason, just I remember from some time ago, you could link only US accounts..
A long time ago. I don't remember exactly. It allows to pay using Paypal with a bank transfer rather than a debit card.

I'm not even sure whether this explains why I pay no fee.

I believe that if 1) you pay using your currency, 2) to an account using the same currency, and 3) with the "Friends & Family" setting, then you should pay no fee.

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
Not surprised Catherine will be the first modern Atlus Japan title to be ported to PC. Also not surprised it's the original version and not the remake coming soon to PS4 and Vita. Sega EU was pushing hard for an Atlus Japan title and Atlus went "fine, you can port this old title now STFU already, we're trying to ship Catherine: Full Body."

I can't see this being more than $20...not with Yakuza 0 debuting on Steam for $20.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
IsThereAnyDeal will take over Enhanced Steam
Steam Community :: Group :: IsThereAnyDeal
If you are a user of Enhanced Steam[enhancedsteam.com], you have probably heard that Jason will shut down[www.enhancedsteam.com] its servers on January 31. What will continue is a lightweight, stripped down version, with only a local functionality.

Today, I would like to announce, that we will do our best to keep Enhanced Steam live. Thanks to Jason's decision to open source all existing code, we will be able to run our own version of the plugin relying on our servers.

You will hear more from us as January 31 approaches.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
^lmao

also does anyone remember that project steam email they sent about keeping assassin's creed odyssey? what's the due date on that?

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
also does anyone remember that project steam email they sent about keeping assassin's creed odyssey? what's the due date on that?
You still have up to January 15th to log in an hour of play time using Project Stream on Google so you can be gifted Odyssey plus some credits to your Ubisoft account. If they didn't start doing it now, then I'm sure it'll start after the 15th.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
You still have up to January 15th to log in an hour of play time using Project Stream on Google so you can be gifted Odyssey plus some credits to your Ubisoft account. If they didn't start doing it now, then I'm sure it'll start after the 15th.
Phew, didn't miss it then. I only had like half an hour logged because I couldn't figure out how to run it again, but when I disabled my ad blocker completely it started working; probably the hooks to the ubisoft servers were being blocked even though I whitelisted the page itself.

In other news, what the fuck, catherine on steam???

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Monkey Island 3 looks REALLY good. Later screenshots were taken with the game being in it's native resolution, followed by black border-less screenshots at fullscreen.

Fun fact: the clock tower will have Guybrush tell you your current local time as per your PC. That's nice!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Nice!

Also
The best levels, maps, and locations 2018 | PC Gamer
You’ve seen New York City in a thousand games before, but what makes Unavowed special is that it makes this familiar setting feel brand new. This is a dark, atmospheric, and uncanny vision of the city, with blood red skies and an otherworldly, unsettling feeling permeating every graffiti-covered street, alleyway, and rattling subway train.

I’m not normally a fan of when fantasy is married with the contemporary, but it’s so tastefully done in Unavowed that I couldn’t help but be swept up in the setting and story. It has the shadowy, mysterious feel of a film noir, but that vivid colour palette, all fiery reds and oranges, sets it apart from other games in the genre. —Andy Kelly

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
I don’t know if it’s because I just played Elex and Risen, but I’m having a hard time sticking with Risen 2. I wonder if part of the issue is because I have put so little xp into combat, so the combat is really bad. The only ability you get at the beginning of the game is to hit x to slash, and you can roll. There’s no shields, so combat is really clumsy. But I wanted to rank up thieving and magic, so here I am, 12 hours in and I can open chests and have learned a tiny bit of non-offensive magic. Plus the game is much more forgiving. Which I would normally be fine with, but I came for a Piranha Bytes experience, and this is watered down.

I think I will get to the next area, but I may put it down if I don’t start having more fun. It doesn’t bode well for ever playing Risen 3.

Deleted member 113

Yakuza 0 and The Division as next month's early unlocks (Humble Monthly).
Pretty cool. (y)

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
You can always buy from Steam to actually "play" it :p

That's what I did with Division, bought uplay key for $0.01 and didn't play and then bought game + dlc from to play (and still didn't play, tho. oops.).

At least for For Honor, they gave free base game on Steam that I upgraded my uplay gold to steam gold.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Ffffffffffffffffffff bought Sundered from Humble store on the 19th because it was on super sale :l

I actually almost bought Regions of Ruin on Steam though, so that's nice, and I've considered Qube 2 / Observer before. Never heard of the detective one but I like detective stuff so hopefully that's fun.

Deleted member 113

January's titles are a bit underwhelming (especially for me, since the only game I didn't have was Q.U.B.E. 2), but for those who have the bundle, do give Darkside Detective a try.
It's a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.