Community MetaSteam | January 2019 - Steaming along through Epic storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
RE: The Rules.

"No Anime" is a meme. Nothing more.
MRORANGE is a K-pop fan, so no J-pop is just him being... biased? (Hopefully not racist or something.)

Well that's the way it was explained to me anyway.

Honestly the rules are stupid and should probably just be deleted. They're routinely broken every single month in multiple instances and nobody does or says anything because it'd be a farce to enforce them in the OT where everyone just kinda mingles to talk about whatever anyway lol.
The rules are beautiful and should be strongly enforced on this beautiful new website. A new start for everyone here, a new chance to purge that anime filth from our eyes!
:wd_axe:

jk, im weebish too

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
You have this widely shared sentiment among many (mostly non-PC) gamers that Valve is allowing too many games on their storefront.

But you'll also find people touting how many more releases the current consoles have over their predecessors (e.g. PS4 vs PS3 and NS vs Wii U/3DS).

I have zero ways of proving these are the same people, but it's weird that the latter isn't remotely ridiculed by the many people whining about the former.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You have this widely shared sentiment among many (mostly non-PC) gamers that Valve is allowing too many games on their storefront.

But you'll also find people touting how many more releases the current consoles have over their predecessors (e.g. PS4 vs PS3 and NS vs Wii U/3DS).

I have zero ways of proving these are the same people, but it's weird that the latter isn't remotely ridiculed by the many people whining about the former.
ahhh, but you see - consoles are curating their stores .... that's why you can't buy shitty games on PSN, for example!

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
i think at this point what steam mostly needs to curate is their shitty algorithms
Oh definitely.

Like during the winter seal
I got recommended free gamea in the que AFTER i played a free game. I only.played it for 5 mins before uninstalling it and i got at least 4 free games that i dled and played.
Ill remember to post them later.

...but yeah the algorithm is too wonky, this becomes mega apparent to someone lile me who pretty much owns a majority of the good games on there thst are action or adventure.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
been playing dying light recently seems really fun so far, also got rid of the shitty piss filter with reshade
Dying Light is one of my favorite games! I got like halfway through in CO-OP with a buddy of mine with it and they had their save deleted somehow then they lost all interest in playing it but I finally got a chance to play through it by myself
Kind of made me forgot about Dying Light 2 ! OoO

Reactions: lashman

zkylon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4
Nov 2, 2018
Oh definitely.

Like during the winter seal
I got recommended free gamea in the que AFTER i played a free game. I only.played it for 5 mins before uninstalling it and i got at least 4 free games that i dled and played.
Ill remember to post them later.

...but yeah the algorithm is too wonky, this becomes mega apparent to someone lile me who pretty much owns a majority of the good games on there thst are action or adventure.
for me historically that shitty recommendation queue has had like a 5% wishlist rate which is about the same percentage as hate games i get suggested (like that bolsonaro game about beating gay people that is still on the store because positive reviews that you can't flag unless you manually one by one open them and flag them)

Dying Light is one of my favorite games! I got like halfway through in CO-OP with a buddy of mine with it and they had their save deleted somehow then they lost all interest in playing it but I finally got a chance to play through it by myself
Kind of made me forgot about Dying Light 2 ! OoO
yeah against all odds that game is surprisingly fun to play (once it takes off the trianing wheels and only if you skip all the terrible dialogue)

i'm intrigued by the story stuff in 2 since it may be the game leaning even more into the more open ended aspects of the first rather than the terrible story

i personally played that game without killing zombies (cos the combat imo isn't very good) and had decent fun as long as it let me, so i hope the sequel allows me to play it that way

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It was always a weird value proposition, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't sell at all.
When you can subscribe to a streaming service for a month for cheaper than 1 season of a 12 episode show, why would you buy a single show instead of subscribing and getting access to a ton of shows. Maybe if you could download them and have them locally via Steam or if they were in better quality - but it's still only streaming and with the same quality as from the streaming services to begin with.
I bought 1 episode of Mob Psycho for the novelty of it, but that was it.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
been playing dying light recently seems really fun so far, also got rid of the shitty piss filter with reshade
It's ok but to be honest I liked Dead Island more. The melee combat system in particular was more enjoyable in Dead Island in my opinion.

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
oh, so that streaming movies and anime rumour was true?
I thought it was not.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I just got to L.A. in Wasteland 2, am I about halfway through the game?
Map seems smaller than Arizona

zkylon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOxkGD8qRB4
Nov 2, 2018
who in the right mind would want to watch anime through steam

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Maybe they will launch a service just for movies? I actually would love to have a place like steam but for video content. Sure there are places, but none are really good as Steam. Always thought it was nice that there were movies on Steam, even though I never bought anything.XD

Deleted member 113

who in the right mind would want to watch anime through steam
Well, I dislike streaming as hell, and Steam is not the easiest way to watch streaming content, but I did use Steam to watch the Ace Attorney anime, which I bought for next to nothing. :p
Oh, and I did buy a few old Flash Gordon serials on Steam recently, since they were cheap as hell, and I can't find them on DVD (let alone Blu-Ray, or HD formats) here in Europe. :giggle:

Reactions: Echoes and lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
mid 2019 tho will be long wait. My 3960x is already almost 6 years old at this point (and was bit of older when I bought it.
And it blocks all other PC upgrades too, no m2, ddr4 etc.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Awww snap, guess I'll start this weekend: JoJo>Mob 2 ep. 1>Thunderbolt.
Make sure to also watch the movie, too, if you haven't. It's very good too and leads slightly into season 2 at the end.
Post automatically merged:

Subnautica stuff:
Btw, yesterday I tackled my fear or Reaper Leviathans and looted the Aurora clean. I now have an upgrade that allows my Seamoth to go deeper among quite a bunch of important other things.
So, plan for today: go deeper.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Ghost was banned on era, but I couldn't find the post where he was banned from, anyone got a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.