Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaMember
Oct 20, 2018
This stuff is completely normal in Iran sadly... People go to prison (or disappear) and get tortured (and commit suicide) for less here...

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
So rather rewarding the devs for making a well received game they punish them for not complying with Islamic beliefs?
Is there any risk that the game will be delisted, same as what happened to Devotion?

Last month they posted a road map. They have many things planned. I guess none of this will happen if they are found guilty

Last edited:
Reactions: xinek

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
So rather rewarding the devs for making a well received game they punish them for not complying with Islamic beliefs?
Is there any risk that the game will be delisted, same as what happened to Devotion?
It's being published by a Polish company, so I don't think so.
Unless they put Baby Jesus in there and offend our religious fanatics

Reactions: Ge0force and xinek

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
So, we found one area there Iran is even more bonkers than KSA. Then again, I've never heard about any game from KSA outside of Unearhed, so maybe that's the real reason.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Last month they posted a road map. They have many things planned. I guess none of this will happen if they are found guilty
I honestly thought the US would try to take their non-Iranian publishers to task for openly doing business with an iranian company, even back in the Garshasp days. They normally don't fuck with their own sanctions.

This however, is much worse, and I hope the devs don't face too harsh a punishment [realistically] or any at all if it can be argued down.

I wish there was a way to show support for the devs beyond twitter and buying the game.

So, we found one area there Iran is even more bonkers than KSA. Then again, I've never heard about any game from KSA outside of Unearhed, so maybe that's the real reason.
I remember reading an article a few years back talking about the growth of game dev in the region and the lengths and difficulties devs had getting theor games out to the rest of the world, since few 'big' publshers will work with them. I'll try and dig it up
latedit - i think it was this one from polygon: The game industry of Iran

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Jadax

MetaMember
Oct 25, 2018
This is not even remotely true in my experience, Iran has it's issues, but Saudi Arabia is very strict on pretty much everything UNLESS you're rich and/or white. Asians get treated worse than Arabs. Blacks get treated like shit.

I'm not Saudi so I ofc won't know the full/100% accurate story, but I did some of my schooling in Egypt and more recently spent 6 months (I know not much) in UAE on a client project.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
The RDR2 port really is a fucking mess.

So many random crashes to desktop that can just come out of nowhere.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The RDR2 port really is a fucking mess.

So many random crashes to desktop that can just come out of nowhere.
awwww, shame, 20 hours in and so far the experience has been really great for me, good performance with my settings (a mix of high-med) and so far I'm liking it (half of chapter 3 here) so, while I wouldn't call it a mess, I would say it's quite demanding and for some reason some people are having a hard time to make it run properly.

I'm going to be honest here, I'm lucky most of the time and games seem to run great for me as I don't experience the same bugs and problems some of you experience so I wouldn't say my experience is the standard but also can't complain.
Sounds like you're in the minority of PC players then.
That's correct, I always think that myself for my experiences hahaha

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I wonder if this will lead to the game being pulled from sale.

I'll be bummed because I've been eyeing it for a while, waiting for a sale.
11Bit isn't Iranian, so unless Iran can force a 3rd party extraterritorial business to follow its rules outside iran I don't see it being an issue

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's on sale on GOG at 25% off at the moment so about £13.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

👀

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Only problem I have had with RDR2 so far is UI squeezing if using duplicated display (and easy solution is to setup monitor profile with DisplayFusion and change when playing).

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
70hrs in RDR2 and I only had 1 crash. It happened when I bought/equipped new clothes. Never happened again and yea I lost a bunch of progress with it since I disabled that annoying autosave.

Sucks to hear people have issues because game is really amazing. I imagine it was so much worse in its 1st month too.

Reactions: PC-tan

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
11Bit isn't Iranian, so unless Iran can force a 3rd party extraterritorial business to follow its rules outside iran I don't see it being an issue
11bit is the publisher. Dead Mage is the developer which is located in Iran. If the studio is forced to close down then the game is pretty much dead, unless the source code is handed to another studio
Any y'all got any bundle Choice spares to trade?
What are you looking for? I got some games from December bundle

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
11bit is the publisher. Dead Mage is the developer which is located in Iran. If the studio is forced to close down then the game is pretty much dead, unless the source code is handed to another studio

I want to at least trade for some of the January stuff ^^;

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I still haven't buy RDR2 PC yet. Terrible experience on PS4, one year late release, a month exclusivity, and terrible port at launch made me hesitate with my purchase. Plus Switch made me really busy these days.

Hellmetal789

Light of the crystal
Jan 3, 2020
Arizona
wow thats really sad to hear. the game has such a unique style to it. I hope the devs will be ok.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
So I chose to start a new campaign in three kingdoms total war because my cao cao playthrough went to complete unavoidable shit after like 130 turns. I had liu bei as a vassal and he gradually owned most of the south and southwest, which was great because combined we had more than half the land, but turns out once you progress enough to be king you seemingly declare yourself emperor too which makes the next 2 largest forces declare themselves emperor too (hence the three kingdoms motif). That meant liu bei broke away from me AND declared war on me and btw all the smaller forces were already hostile with me too because that asshole kept dragging me into wars with them (if you decline a request for help your vassal becomes independent). So basically I had 2 decent sized kingdoms and about 6 smaller forces ready to gangbang my ass into oblivion.

After realizing how screwed I was I decided to roll with Sun Jian on a new playthrough. Turns out if you choose to ignore his story he's really easy as the entire southern part of china has no real threats just a bunch of tiny Han forces waiting to be taken over and some uninhabited areas too. If you do follow his story though you have liu biao's sizable army on your ass within ~15 turns. Not really worth the hassle lol.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

I realize that 11bit is the publisher not the dev, what i was saying was that unless their contract stated as such 11Bit could still put the game out on digital stores for sale regardless of the fate of DeadMage.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Prey is kicking my ass. But I heard one gets overpowered later, I'm so looking forward to that!:D
That's actually why I'm a bit baffled by the people complaining about Prey's progression. You begin as a pretty weak character, compared with the things you encounter on Talos I. What's the problem that at the end you're nearly invincible? You have to earn that, find lots of secrets and sidequests to get there. And furthermore, it's even perfectly rooted in the story why you in fact shouldn't be help back by human limitations.
"It's not like System Shock" is a weird complaint. Not all immersive sims have to be alike. System Shock isn't like Deus Ex, isn't like Dishonored. And yet they are all valid games in this meta genre.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
We don't have enough western/cowboy-themed RPGs. Precisely the reason why I'll be replaying Wild Arms for MetaBlitz.
Any y'all got any bundle Choice spares to trade?
Which one would you like? :02notes:

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Wow, this looks so good. Though going by that "greenlight trailer" I guess they haven't released a video in ages they do show progress since. Hope it delivers.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Wow, this looks so good. Though going by that "greenlight trailer" I guess they haven't released a video in ages they do show progress since. Hope it delivers.
Yeah looks great! Been wanting a modern dungeon crawler that felt like in the good old days. Really wanted the new Underworld to be that but doesn't seem to that good.

Anyway, steam page.

Reactions: lashman and xinek

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
RDR2 was pretty solid even on my "measly" I5-4690+GTX970 combo.
But only after I went with DX12. Vulkan stuttered and didn't let me use limited VRAM to its best somehow.
Had one or two crashes only.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
  • 27'' 4K UHD (3840x2160) Nano IPS Display
  • 144Hz (O/C 160Hz), 1ms(GTG)
  • NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible, Radeon FreeSync2™
  • VESA DisplayHDR™ 600
Pretty sweet specs. Could be a game changer if the price is right.

Deleted member 113

Here's another video from Gamewalker and AdventureGamers, showcasing some of the best point and click adventure games from 2019:

If you're in the mood to try a recent game in the genre, this compilation may help you discover a few new games.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way I want to thank you all for your suggestions. I will be sending my PSU to Seasonic tomorrow morning.

Also is the figure thread dead?

And I think I might just buy the SD Gundam Game, I can get the Deluxe Edition for about $68USD on Humble Bundle

And does the fiscal year in Japan begin/end on Jan 6? Since there are a number of sites that have Japanese stuff that feature that day

5taquitos

I don't beat games
Nov 18, 2019
Anyone have good recs for a 1080p 144 hz monitor, preferably on the budget side? I'm going to be rocking this 1070 for a while, so I don't think pushing past 1080p is that realistic, but I need 144 hz in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.