Community MetaSteam | January 2020 - Toss A Coin To Your Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
General
  • Fixed "Open the screenshot uploader after closing a game if screenshots were taken" setting not being honored in some cases

Library

• Fixed the "View Additional Artwork" button not working correctly for some soundtracks.
  • Fixed "New to Library" banner appearing on not particularly new games that had been recently installed but never played
  • Fixed some partner event summaries not rendering properly in the activity feed and What's New section
  • Added [h2] and [h3] rendering for partner events and announcements
  • Fixed a case where changes to game collections were not reflected in Big Picture Mode.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Looking at the Ys VIII patch notes, I can only wish that every PC port (especially the ones from glorious nippon) got this attention to detail and care. Thanks for caring and being this passionate, Durante :).

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The two NOLF games were so much fun it's crazy.
One of the best gaming nostalgia I have.
Great writing. So much variety. What a package I tell ya.
And that soundtrack, and main theme!
yes, absolutely ... can't wait for Stephen and co. to FINALLY unfuck all this goddamn mess and do remasters! :)

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Atelier firis:

Am I stupid, or how can I access components, traits and effects of items? In the previous games you could press a button to access the item itself and get a description of what those did.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Hmm, downloaded Ys 8 after the update to test it out and the game crashes for me without fail on boot up. Tried reinstalling, validating, rebooting Steam, running from big picture, etc. and still instantly crashes on boot up. Anyone else having issues and/or know where the error logs are dumped so I can try to debug?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Atelier firis:

Am I stupid, or how can I access components, traits and effects of items? In the previous games you could press a button to access the item itself and get a description of what those did.
The encyclopedia should have everything you need.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Durante you are doing an amazing job, really happy to see that you are the one behind Ys 8 fix and CS3.
Wish you and your team an amazing journey with the rest of your projects, keep the good work. :blobhug:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
The encyclopedia should have everything you need.
I have top open the encyclopedia and search for the entry.
Instead of just clicking a button while I synthesize the item and see the effect and description right there, like in the previous games.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Looks like im not the only one not able to boot up the game checking the troubleshooting forums, well i left a message on there. Luckily I wasn't planning on playing this weekend since ys 7 is last on the list before I reach 8, but hopefully whatever it is gets fixed soon.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Hmm what directory is that under? I don't see anything in the local files.

Edit: nvm, found the Appdata directory, but nothing for Ys 8. Guess it's not dumping anything.
Sorry, i should have explained better.
Open File Explorer and type %APPDATA% in the address bar, it'll take you to the AppData\Roaming folder in your profile. If there's nothing there then check AppData\Local and AppData\LocalLow. I don't have the game so I've no idea what the folder name would be, probably Ys8 or Falcom though.

You can also get there through "C:\Users\UserName\AppData" if that helps.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Sorry, i should have explained better.
Open File Explorer and type %APPDATA% in the address bar, it'll take you to the AppData\Roaming folder in your profile. If there's nothing there then check AppData\Local and AppData\LocalLow. I don't have the game so I've no idea what the folder name would be, probably Ys8 or Falcom though.

You can also get there through "C:\Users\UserName\AppData" if that helps.
Yeah I eventually found it, but unfortunately nothing for Ys VIII. I left a post in their troubleshooting forums and gave up, not like I was gonna play it this weekend anyway so it's no big deal, but I appreciate your help!

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Played a bit of the port, and with everything cranked (except super-sampling, which I left where it's at by default), my OC'd Vega 56 was hovering around 40-50FPS! Turning HBAO+ off and Shadow Filtering to the non-soft setting and I'm usually around 70-80FPS.

Considering how small Ys VIII's zones actually are, there's like... no reason to have LoD higher than Far. Ultra is pointless and a waste of performance IMO. Still, game is looking great now!

Edit: Should say, this is @ 1440p.

Reactions: sanhora and lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Looks like im not the only one not able to boot up the game checking the troubleshooting forums, well i left a message on there. Luckily I wasn't planning on playing this weekend since ys 7 is last on the list before I reach 8, but hopefully whatever it is gets fixed soon.
I'm going to sleep now, it's late here, but hopefully we'll be able to figure this out tomorrow.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
I'm going to sleep now, it's late here, but hopefully we'll be able to figure this out tomorrow.
I'm sure it's been a long day, thanks again!

Update: I finally got the game to boot up. I uninstalled and reinstalled without installing any of the DLC and it successfully booted up, gonna play around with it and see if I can see what might have triggered it.

Update 2: looks like it's something with the texture pack specifically. I installed each DLC one at a time, booted up with no problems, and then did the texture pack last. After it finished installing I booted up and got the same crashing I had before.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I think this year will be a good year to get back to Ys then.
My play order is the original release order mainly because I would probably have hard time going back to the bump system after playing the later games.

Reactions: lazerfox

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Fuck my life, just saw the news about Nvidia slashing the price of the 2060 across the board. Between this and the Cyberpunk delay, I seriously picked the worst possible week to pull the trigger on my GPU upgrade lmao. :suicide-blob:

Thank FUCK for EVGA's step up program. Guess I'll upgrade to a 2060 in the near future. Sucks having to pay for shipping again, though...

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Really hoping that Ampere offers a good upgrade, without an uptick in pricing for each tier again...

If a theoretical 3070 can even get close to a 2080 ti for $400-500, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Li Kao

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Thank you Durante, now i can continue my journey:

(+ Zero and AO).

Also Ys VIII looks glorious and plays so smooth now with the ubersampling + texture pack + my new gsync 165hz screen (getting 110+ fps with all that). Sadly i already completed the game 2 times at release.

Again, thank you for all your hard work.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Tokyo Mirage Session #FE tomorrow
Picked up my copy today. Now to shelf it for years. o_O

Still haven't beat Zelda, FE3H or Pokemon Sword lol. Working slowly but surely through them however.

Will be funny if next week KH3 announced for PC.

bruhhhhhh, the whole KH collection or bust!
(I would love this.)
=====================

Btw, anyone here have experience with reliably getting HDR to work on PC consistently and without breaking the color-scale in literally everything else on Windows?

Secondly, HDR is limited to 60hz on a TV right? Cuz HDMI2.0 limitations?

Edit: And it seems my 1080ti is limited as well? Since it's HDMI2.0a and not HDMI2.0b?

So... no 4K/10bit HDR for me? :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.