Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Reactions: Spamlynguist

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
It does make me wonder which one of these options would be more profitable for developers: everyone buys games day 1, but only buys the games they are interested in playing right away vs current state of market (where game devaluation is real but people also hoard games unnecessarily)

Deleted member 113

I just became aware of the extent of the censorship done in the Commandos 2 HD remaster.
Kalypso decided to release just one SKU, and removed the symbols for the German and Japanese armies, censored the animation of burning enemies, and so on, for everyone.

This is utterly ridiculous.
A WW2 themed game, where the identifying symbols of the enemy factions are all removed?

Why did I have the terrible idea of pre-ordering these remasters directly from the Kalypso store. :notlikethisblob:

Reactions: Li Kao

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I really hope they improve the way they display people's purchases in the activity feed. I like looking at people's haul to see if there's something I might've missed or is a good price, but going line by line trying to recognize what the game is, clicking on it, looking at the store page and seeing it's not for me, going back etc. is not great.

A full list of thumbnail or maybe a mouse over to give me some basic info and pictures like they do in the New and Trending.

Last edited:
Reactions: RionaaM

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I'm glad they are doing this. Frontiers was looking terrible, their F2P model was putting people off resulting in any buzz dying immediately after the first showing. Maybe this way they can gain back some goodwill and focus on making a solid game instead of a poor cash grab.

Reactions: lashman

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I've tried Torchlight Frontiers beta(?) but it's not that good tbh. Hoping that they make improvement because that game really needs it.

Still no mention of Steam.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
This is worse, this is about the sealed market of Nintendo games.

Like buying a backlog that you'll never be able to play! :steam_pig_shocked:
So it's exactly what we're doing on Steam.

I really hope they improve the way they display people's purchases in the activity feed. I like looking at people's haul to see if there's something I might've missed or is a good price, but going line by line trying to recognize what the game is, clicking on it, looking at the store page and seeing it's not for me, going back etc. is not great.

A full list of thumbnail or maybe a mouse over to give me some basic info and pictures like they do in the New and Trending.
This so much! They need to make the activity feed more interactive. Right now it smells of a 90s/early 2000s website.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I always think of Mike as a numbers person and pretty much just that.

I can see the issue with the Nintendo thing, In the past having an Indie game on N/S would have sold a lot and made you a good amount of money, but with how many indie games are now on N/S and how it's now a race to the bottom (with games selling for pennies now, which is in fact profitable) getting your indie game noticed is a lot harder.

So does that make the Steam statistics sort of like a weather report? Since it's better to know that a storm is coming instead of learning as it hits so you can already be prepared for the worst. Especially when your lively hood is at stake.

Oh and about Samurai Jack, it does not look that good on my monitor, I am using my base PS4 to watch the Blu-rays. My monitor is 1440p and the show was originally in a 3:4 format. It does say that the show is remastered but some parts just look bad. Maybe it's that way because I am just too close to the display compared to a regular TV and because of the difference in resolution. There was an interview video and that one looked very bad and just very low rez. I was watching Samurai Jack on my phone before at 1080p and it looked really great but that could be because of the size difference and not being able to see all the small details.

Also how much money do I need to spend in USD in order to get all of the emotes in the sale, a badge, and a wallpaper?

The thing is, that it is not just statistics for the developer, Steam has also a dozen different methods where a customer could find the game from within Steam.
You only have the frontpage on N/S, which results in the race to the bottom to get on the frontpage.

Reactions: PC-tan

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I've tried Torchlight Frontiers beta(?) but it's not that good tbh. Hoping that they make improvement because that game really needs it.

It will probably just suddenly appear on Steam feb 15th. The Valve apology was also removed a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Cordelia

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

as I said on another post, DLC comes out 3 days before the exclusivity ending, so it's safe to say that it will probably come out as a shadowdrop in the next 7-10 days after the release of the DLC with probably a promotion of some kind.

and as fantomena pointed out, the orange box with the explanation from Valve was removed 2 weeks ago, so yeah, it's coming, do not worry.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The thing is, that it is not just statistics for the developer, Steam has also a dozen different methods where a customer could find the game from within Steam.
You only have the frontpage on N/S, which results in the race to the bottom to get on the frontpage.
I don't think eShop technical has a "front page", unless you consider the big tabs that they have as the "front page" in which case then ya that's true.

Nintendo is weird because as people have mentioned compared to others they are behind when it comes to online stuff but also they were ahead of others when it came to that (at least in Japan, but then they just stopped).

I will try not to buy to many digital N/S games because Nintendo will very likely end up forcing me to rebuy those games. Since BC may not be a thing going forward.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
lol at Microsoft increasing Ori 2's price in some LatAm countries. If it wasn't expensive enough around here before they now increased it to make sure that it is.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
lol at Microsoft increasing Ori 2's price in some LatAm countries. If it wasn't expensive enough around here before they now increased it to make sure that it is.
maybe they noticed 2 or 3 people bought it at the previous price and they decided they can't have that

Reactions: MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Navigating Switch eShop is a worse experience than navigating PSN.
I use DekuDeals. I can't handle the Switch eShop on my Switch, it's so....bad. The lack of discovery, the lack of personified algorithms (games more aligned for my tastes will show up more), it's so damn slow and sometimes after having scrolled a bit, clicking on a game and then clicking back it returns to the top of the "scroll". Infuriating.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I ended up buying more than I thought, because I forgot about the $5 coupon. I initially only bought Bloody Spell and Banner of the Maid which I've almost bought every sale for like a year, and then saw the coupon so got Sekiro to get enough for that, and Witcher 3 complete + master of pottery (just because) to use that coupon up. And I wanted W3 on Steam so it'd be easy to use Steam link / controller if I want to. Ultimately a bit of digital retail therapy after a rough week but hey I'm onto some of the GOTY choices soon at least :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: DeejayDoom

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I had forgot about that, I'm curious to know if that PlayTracker graph took that under consideration.
It sold a good bunch of copies, in fact, the game went global top seller for 2 days straight.
Was it 250-300k copies? can't remember, but yes, page will go live probably 14th (Friday too, so even more reason to open purchases that day like TWD did)

Deleted member 113

damn you, Gaben ... DAMN YOUUUUU!!!
Hey, at least you got a booster.

I don't remember what it feels like to get one. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Heck, I bought a significant amount of gems a while back, and crafted 4 or 5 boosters daily for 3 weeks, and I didn't get a single foil card, so yeah, Valve doesn't like me one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.