Community MetaSteam | January 2021 - It's Rare to See a Medium So Well-Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I don't think Tizoc has sources. He is just being optimistic.

Right, Tizoc? :question:
"Nope, not an insider, but I've chatted with some and they're reliable. "

Time will tell but he was not speculating here. He got that info from someone.

For what it's worth Queen also mentioned it several times on this very forum.

I want to believe.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I don't think Tizoc has sources. He is just being optimistic.

Right, Tizoc? :question:
Do not doubt the queen

Also crash 4 for pc and switch was leaked by a twitter account that had leaked proper stuff before
CTR NF as is likely wont get a re release unless acti changes its mind
Bloodborne is the worst of the "Soulsborne" games :coffee-blob:

Also, Soulsborne is a fucking dumb term and I wish it would die off:anguished-face:

Just use Souls series/franchise instead

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
If Bloodborne PC has been in testing phase for so long.....I wonder what's the holdup for making it official.
They can't sit on this forever, can they ?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
If Bloodborne PC has been in testing phase for so long.....I wonder what's the holdup for making it official.
They can't sit on this forever, can they ?
Sony is like "isn't Bloodborne ready yet. It's been over a year at least." Queen is like "hold on ... just gotta test this ... no. This won't do at all." Flips table. Mutters something about EGS level shit around here.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Shahem

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm much more curious about how From is going to move on into a more open-worldy direction and how they'll answer these design questions.

I hope "more tedium and memory-based combat challenges" aren't the answer they'll go for, but at the same time it doesn't help that this is partially what their audience wants.

• Eyes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Experimenting with image search on Steam images. I give some text to a model, and it looks for Steam images which match the text.

Yes, I have quickly run out of ideas of text queries. If you have any suggestion, I am all ears, and I could try them tomorrow.

I believe that the model does not know about anime.

Last edited:
  • Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
My Ryza 2 review - the PC port is actually pretty damn good this time around. Yay!
Great review, thanks for the in-depth look on the new crafting and battle mechanics. I was a little concerned about how they were leaning on the ecchi aspect a little too much to attract new players, and not making enough improvement to the crafting and battle system, but seems like they're on the right track. The change from average material quality value to cumulative alone will remove most of the busywork of farming quality+ traits materials, or at least, I hope so.

• Eyes

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Come the fuck on, Kekmo. You're not a two-bit indies operating out of some garage in bumfuck Arizona. :dana_tense:
Welp KT. I wouldn't be surprised if this affects visibility for the game. If you look at the sales charts it's pretty dang low .

Also.... It would seem that Ryza is way less popular than I thought it was. It's not even in the top sellers in NA or Globally. In Japan it might be In the top 10 for steam but that's about it. If you check on the eshop it's neither featured or one of the top sellers.... The only place that you will see Ryza on the list is for newest releases but that's about it. Also Nintendo didn't even tweet .... Looking more into it.... Not even Playstation tweeted about the game

But all 3 did tweet about dead cells, ESO, and that one yatch club published ninja game.

Rip Ryza.

Or is the game being released on another day and not yesterday?

Less people playing at launch would potentially mean to just less people in general being interested in the game.

You had a good run KT.

Also when I was looking at the eshop it's slow as hell. The good news is that they have been making improvements to it though, so now when ever you hover over a game thumbnail, it will show you screenshots, but that about it. So it does show you something before you click the game. I'm not sure if this is causing the slow down or if this is used to help with the slow down.

Nintendo need also to improve it's servers, even going back to 2013 or so their servers were overwhelmed when people were trying to download the Pokebank app for their 3DS, the eshop was down that game and they had to reschedule the event.

-------

That really is a "bruhhhhh" moment.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Welp KT. I wouldn't be surprised if this affects visibility for the game. If you look at the sales charts it's pretty dang low .
Hot take: horny peeps just bought the game for horny purposes, didnt like it /didnt know what they're buying, of course 2 wont sell as well.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and PC-tan

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Or is the game being released on another day and not yesterday?
It unlocked on Steam at about 12pm yesterday (+10 GMT). It's now almost 5pm and still no keys.

Hot take: horny peeps just bought the game for horny purposes, didnt like it /didnt know what they're buying, of course 2 wont sell as well.
There's one guy on Steam Community Forum asking if they can skip the crafting altogether. For fuck's sake.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
In Japan how have sales been like for 2 vs 1?
According to the publisher, sales in Japan have been trending stronger for the 2nd compared to the first. It had sold at least 150K copies from its Dec 3rd release and the press announcement around Dec 9th.

Sources:

Edit: Now where it has landed a few weeks out, not so sure.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I purchased a Google Home hub for $50USD from Walmart. Is it worth keeping or should I return it? I'm guessing it was so cheap since a new version is coming out. It's the small 7 inch screen one and it seems to be from 2018 and originally retailed for over $100USD.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I purchased a Google Home hub for $50USD from Walmart. Is it worth keeping or should I return it? I'm guessing it was so cheap since a new version is coming out. It's the small 7 inch screen one and it seems to be from 2018 and originally retailed for over $100USD.
Is this the version that was named Home Hub right before they rebranded to Nest Hub?
If your home has Smart units then maybe this is worth having. For example smart light bulbs can be controlled with Google Home/Nest.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

New historical lowest price.
I don't know if meta has a group buys thread but since the game offers a 4-pack package you could potentially save a bit more than 1€.

Reason: typos + added Nacon tweet.
Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

New historical lowest price.
I don't know if meta has a group buys thread but since the game offers a 4-pack package you could potentially save a bit more than 1€.
Not a group buy thread, but you could use it.

There is also a Steam group that organizes group buys

Status
Not open for further replies.