Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
The leaked gamepass list is official, now with release dates:

Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master (Console and PC) – January 27

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

We have a separate thread for game pass news, just fyi :)

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Time to find some DK Bongos.

• Toucan
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

It's the first Taiko game coming to PC, so I figured it was worth posting here, but since there's no proper Bamco announcement yet other than a tweet saying that it exists (no platforms listed, no release date), I posted the gamepass news instead.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018

since when have we enforced this for all other non Steam talk? we do this song and dance too often

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Long time ago. The game pass thread was made that time to keep game pass out of this thread.
I see no enforcement, and there is tonnes of non steam talk in this thread as we all know. I'm frankly sick and tired of the double standards on this.

Either make this a purely 100% steam only thread or don't, stop picking and choosing.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I see no enforcement, and there is tonnes of non steam talk in this thread as we all know. I'm tired of the double standards on this.
This thread is mainly for Steam hence the name, Game Pass for that thread, hence the name, EGS for it's own thread.

No, Wok made it because you kept telling him no game pass talk.
Well if game pass talk continues here, Im out. Im have zero interest in talking about another competing platform in the Steam thread (this one). Same reason I made the console talk, to keep console talk out of this thread.

If I wanna talk about game pass or EGS, I do it in those threads.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I mean, there isn't really "enforcement" of anything here (unless it's way beyond the pale), that's sort of the point.

That said, I would personally also prefer if detailed discussion of games that are not available on Steam or of the particulars of other platforms was mostly kept to other threads. Of course this doesn't include big news of general interest.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
That said, I would personally also prefer if detailed discussion of games that are not available on Steam or of the particulars of other platforms was mostly kept to other threads. Of course this doesn't include big news of general interest.
Also, sadly some games are only on Xbox PC store right now, like The Gunk, if people start talking about that game in this thread, it will confuse me a lot because the game is not on Steam yet.

• Eyes

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Well if game pass talk continues here, Im out. Im have zero interest in talking about another competing platform in the Steam thread (this one). Same reason I made the console talk, to keep console talk out of this thread.

If a gamepass announcement includes a game or games that are coming to PC for the first time and are highly likely of coming to Steam as well isn't worth bringing up here?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
This thread is mainly for Steam hence the name, Game Pass for that thread, hence the name, EGS for it's own thread.

Yeah I get it, my point was that this thread has been quite loose and free and there has never been any strict rules as to what can be talked about or not. Of course I encourage everyone to partake in other threads about various topics but this thread will always be the "main meeting place".

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
well I'll just keep waiting for the Origin, Twitch, UPlay, Bethesda, Humble Launcher, GOG threads then, and a general gaming news one too in fact
We have threads for Origin and GOG, they are just burried, or at least GOG.

Yeah I get it, my point was that this thread has been quite loose and free and there has never been any strict rules as to what can be talked about or not. Of course I encourage everyone to partake in other threads about various topics but this thread will always be the "main meeting place".
Yeah, I can see that.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I mean, there isn't really "enforcement" of anything here (unless it's way beyond the pale), that's sort of the point.

It's hardly detailed discussion and most of those games are on steam so i wouldn't call it irrelevant

as you say there is no enforcement so the backseat modding of what we can and can't talk about in what is basically the hub of this site is beyond the pale now.
I'm saying no more cos I genuinely have had it with this repeated "walking on eggshell" attitude for one person's whims, and will blow a gasket soon otherwise

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
If a game pass announcement includes a game or games that are coming to PC for the first time and are highly likely of coming to Steam as well isn't worth bringing up here?
Yeah I agree with this. I think that's part of the "general interest" thing which I think is perfectly fine to have here.

well I'll just keep waiting for the Origin, Twitch, UPlay, GOG threads then, and general gaming news too in fact
From my perspective I don't think that's comparable simply because basically no one talks about those :p

as you say there is no enforcement so the backseat modding of what we can and can't talk about is beyond the pale now. I'm saying no more cos I genuinely have had it with this repeated "walking on eggshell" attitude for one person
I don't think discussing what should ideally be posted where is "backset modding" on metacouncil. I mean, it's not like there are "frontseat" moderators in the first place!
If anything, it's moderation, which we should all collectively be involved in.

I also think both you and fantomena should calm down, it's not such a big deal :p

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
  • Enters thread*
  • Sees nearly 200 new posts*

lol I woke up to like 20 discord alerts with people asking if I'm ok as if I play actiblizz games to begin with. I think the last one I played was sekiro which was a one off deal they made with FROM (and a very weird choice by acti.)

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
It's the first Taiko game coming to PC, so I figured it was worth posting here, but since there's no proper Bamco announcement yet other than a tweet saying that it exists (no platforms listed, no release date), I posted the gamepass news instead.

Hmm that's weird, its not even posted by the other Bandai Namco branch, kinda weird to not mentioned any platforms too since we already know its coming to gamepass.

• Eyes

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
A couple of things.

1. Why did ms buy actibliz?
why not

2. How much did it cost them?
3 weeks worth of collecting and selling your data (god bless win10,11)

3. How should you feel about it?
same way you feel about the that very company not being able to provide a launcher that can properly download, install, uninstall software/keeps forgetting ownership of mentioned software for years.

4. What about cleaning the house?
yeah, sure, dj trump also intended to clean the house, drain the swamp [LOL]

5. This is a pc company, good news?
I think yesterday we learned that sony's gow port is better than anything coming from a pc company for ages.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have made my peace with the fact that someone will buy Valve eventually, probably after Gabe retires. I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong so I'd rather be pessimistic now and hopefully be pleasantly surprised later.
Im fairly sure Valve's stocks or whatever they are called is shared between Gabe and longtime employees, Gabe owns half, the rest is shared, putting more trust into Valves employees, so a lot of people have to agree to Valve being sold.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I think yesterday we learned that sony's gow port is better than anything coming from a pc company for ages.
You had me until here. 4/5 ain't bad. It's a dental recommendation panel

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I feel like that port is a bit overrated.

In particular, mapping mouse input to joystick for the main camera controls is something that would have gotten a port crucified back in the day. And it's really not that hard or much effort to get right.

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly competent enough overall, but I don't feel like it's that above and beyond beacon of excellence that some are billing it as.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
You had me until here. 4/5 ain't bad. It's a dental recommendation panel
I dunno, can't check myself but local experts claimed gow is a better port than ms ports, and most of those never get fixed.

edit
I feel like that port is a bit overrated.

In particular, mapping mouse input to joystick for the main camera controls is something that would have gotten a port crucified back in the day. And it's really not that hard or much effort to get right.

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly competent enough overall, but I don't feel like it's that above and beyond beacon of excellence that some are billing it as.
4/5 dental panel it is then. gow trash port confirmed.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I see no enforcement, and there is tonnes of non steam talk in this thread as we all know. I'm frankly sick and tired of the double standards on this.

Either make this a purely 100% steam only thread or don't, stop picking and choosing.
I literally forgot that this was a Steam channel. Like I no longer registered 'steam' in the name.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Aw man. It looks like I didn't claim the GOG version of Control Ultimate when it was included in Twitch Prime (but I could have sworn I did...). :confounded-face:
I really don't feel like playing the shitty fake Ultimate version that was in a Choice bundle and considering it was "free" already and I could have gotten it (I thought I did!) I probably will never upgrade to the real Ultimate version.
This has currently severly curbed my desire to play the game...

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I dunno, can't check myself but local experts claimed gow is a better port than ms ports, and most of those never get fixed.

edit

4/5 dental panel it is then. gow trash port confirmed.
When you say MS ports, do you mean PC versions of things like Forza and ... I actually can't think of another Xbox-first kinda title...
If so, do those count as ports? I never saw day and date PC releases alongside their xbox counterparts as ports. Whereas clearly Dad of War is a port
But this is just how I view those titles

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wow.

That is some fucking news you don't see every day lol

I really thought MS would buy Ubisoft since there output is better aligned with Gamepass.

I don't know about this tho. Seems like they are just buying Call of Duty + WoW and some mobile games. I hope they kill off BNet slowly and just put everything on Steam.

Diablo 4 on Steam will be pretty big :coffee-blob:

• Eyes

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
So saw the news about MS buying Activision and decided it was time to emerge from the MH:Rise hole I've been in.

So Rise has been pretty amazing. I think it's a good one for newcomers. It feels a lot easier and there's a lot of nice changes to streamline it more like no need to track monsters and no hot/cool drinks. The wirebug is probably the one thing I'm most excited about and hope this shows up in MH6. It adds a lot of mobility and verticality and a quick recover in combat for those pesky combo moves. Switch moves are also another mechanic I hope shows up in future iterations. I've just hit HR60 so I think I might go back to balancing out my currently playing list a bit more. If anyone wants to hunt feel free to add me and send me a message.

MS buying out Activision kinda worries me a bit since Acti is a big company and I don't think good things about consolidation. That said possibility of Acti/Blizz games on Steam would be nice but that's a wait and see. Hopefully Diablo IV on Steam? If the deal is going through in 2023 it's a good possibility.

Also just binged the latest Season of DotA: Dragon's Blood. Episodes feel too short but I do enjoy the world building and the character development seems on point.

I enjoy that there are stakes in the story with multiple characters dying especially considering it is based on somewhat existing lore. It's much more exciting than other shows based on exisiting lore where main characters basically have plot armour.

Anyways just had to throw this in.

Valve seems to have monopoly on competent storefront programmers.
Epic should sue them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.