Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
That's some wild news huh. I'm not too worried about megacorp consolidation since indies will continue to exist. :blobmorning2:

Hello everyone. I'm new here, so I thought I'd stop by and say hi
:peekwaveblob:

Or the other way around, Banjo by Toys for Bob. Probably not, but at least hopefully Toys for Bob will be freed from CoD.
Toys for Bob will have to rename to Toys for Phil. :phil:

Last edited:

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Well, this sucks :(
well the translation of the tweet says
"Xbox Series X | S / Xbox One / Windows PC "Taiko no Tatsujin The Drum Master!" Delivery decision on January 27, 2022! Compatible with Xbox Game Pass from the delivery start date! Choose your favorite song from a rich lineup of about 70 songs from popular songs such as "Flame" and "MEGALOVANIA" to classic songs, and enjoy playing Japanese drums!"

maybe the translation is missing something but I dont see anything that would explicitly outrule a Steam release

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
"Xbox Series X | S / Xbox One / Windows PC "Taiko no Tatsujin The Drum Master!" Delivery decision on January 27, 2022! Compatible with Xbox Game Pass from the delivery start date! Choose your favorite song from a rich lineup of about 70 songs from popular songs such as "Flame" and "MEGALOVANIA" to classic songs, and enjoy playing Japanese drums!"

maybe the translation is missing something but I dont see anything that would explicitly outrule a Steam release
Its mostly because of Bandai JP announcements usually will explicitly mentioned STEAM as a platform, but its not stated in this case, so I'm not optimistic on a Steam release.

But yeah guess we will see what happens when the game is released.

• This!
Reactions: LEANIJA and Mor
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

What gintaro said, usually they would mention it, however we will have to wait and see, it would be very weird to see a Bandai Namco release on PC not coming to Steam, but hey, let's wait.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I'm now along the thinking that even if Kotick got kicked out, he still reaped the benefits of running a poor working environment for years on end, so there's no net positive to be had with or without a "golden parachute". Treating your employees like crap keeps getting rewarded and will continue to under our morally bankrupt economic paradigm.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I'm now along the thinking that even if Kotick got kicked out, he still reaped the benefits of running a poor working environment for years on end, so there's no net positive to be had with or without a "golden parachute". Treating your employees like crap keeps getting rewarded and will continue to under our morally bankrupt economic paradigm.
True but either way it will be a good thing that he's gone. If Microsoft really is committed to their plan to good workplace environment and if it means paying out the nose to get rid of bad elements and then foster a good place then I will still applaud them.

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
i'm a broken record at this point but i really HATE how steam handles free dlc with the game launching every time you add one to your account, I don't know any other store that does this

• GOG treats it as a normal order with a $0 price
  • EGS treats it as normal order with a $0 price
  • JAST store does the same by adding the license to your acc
  • PSN treats it as a normal order with a $0 price (been ages since i bought anything there maybe I don't remember correctly though)
  • I don't even remember the last time i used Origin but iirc it still treated it as an order with a $0 price

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah that's very silly.

Took the 3rd vaccine shot yesterday, my body has really down. Super tired, hurts all of my body, feeling warm and cold. I got that young and heatlhy people would feel it the worst, but didnt' expect this.
I also had basically 0 side effects from the first and second shot but felt basically dead from the third one. Luckily it didn't last too long.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Took the 3rd vaccine shot yesterday, my body has really down. Super tired, hurts all of my body, feeling warm and cold. I got that young and heatlhy people would feel it the worst, but didnt' expect this.
Yeah that's very silly.

I also had basically 0 side effects from the first and second shot but felt basically dead from the third one. Luckily it didn't last too long.
I guess I got placebo then XD Only effect I got was sore muscle at the place where I got vaccine. First shot gave me chills when I went to sleep and awful headache next day, second one sore arm and light headache next day, third one basically nothing XD

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
GoW is doing better in terms of both retaining a more active player base and being on the Steam best seller chart than both HZD and Days Gone. Sony must be happy.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Makes me wonder why MS did not just go with EA and Take Two instead. A lot of Activision IPs need serious investment to get them anywhere.
EA is an easy answer: They have a butt load of sports IP that have contracts that bind them to release the game on as many platforms as possible.
Take Two is probably not going to give up that easily. they don't have many active IP's and GTA is just printing money. Also, Rockstar is probably a "FUCK YOU" developer who doesn't care about interference.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Makes me wonder why MS did not just go with EA and Take Two instead. A lot of Activision IPs need serious investment to get them anywhere.
I think Activision/Blizzard actually sold pretty cheaply, for just about the same number as their market cap (if I googled that right). A company that's doing well, and hoping to grow wouldn't sell for that exact number, but ask for way more. I assume Kotick was looking for a way out while making as much money as possible, and the Microsoft deal was the most lucrative way of doing so.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Microsoft were obviously on the market looking for prey, but the Activision situation was a matter of converging convenient circumstances. Before the scandals, ATVI's value was even higher than the price they are gonna pay today (~when the sale closes). ActiBlizz lost about 45% of its value during the past year on the back of the lawsuits, bad abusive practices, loss of confidence in their leadership and of course, the decline of their games. Microsoft saw a bargain and pulled the trigger.

All the other companies on that list... well they aren't in similar situations (maybe you could argue Square is trending down). Take 2 just bought Zynga for 12B so the price increased quite a bit, and while that suits Microsoft's mobile strategy, that also maybe pushes the actual value of the company beyond where it makes sense to buy.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I think Activision/Blizzard actually sold pretty cheaply, for just about the same number as their market cap (if I googled that right).
They sold for a quite significant uptick over the market cap at the time of the announcement (>30%).
However, they sold for roughly the market cap that ATVI had before the issues started to be in the spotlight. So if you believe that Microsoft is getting the franchises and developers but not the problematic reputation / workplace culture then it was a good deal for them. (And IMHO that seems like it's mostly working out)

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am surprised that they didn't went after Ubisoft. It has tons of franchises and workforce, it also had issues that put them under spotlight and they are cheaper.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I think buying Ubisoft (or any of the JP companies for that matter) might be more difficult from a legal perspective (since the regulators in Europe and Japan would get more involved and might not look too kindly at the transaction).

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Is the Steam discussion forum for the Yu-G-Oh game full of people who have played the game for 20 years saying it's not as complicated and pointless to start playing as the memes make it seem?

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.