Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
My mom is unusually tired and had a running nose two days ago. No worries, my blood pressure is just skyrocketing.
And while looking at Omicron symptoms I saw that it can cause night sweats. Eh, that’s funny I just had a few cases of…
OMG

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Well of course, but if his friend wants to play Hitman with him what can you do
Say "no thanks" and play another game instead? I mean, you don't HAVE to drop your principles because someone asks to :)

Of course it's not up to me to tell other people what to do with their money. But the sole reason why so many shitty practices happen in the games industry is because too many people are supporting them.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Say "no thanks" and play another game instead? I mean, you don't HAVE to drop your principles because someone asks to :)

Of course it's not up to me to tell other people what to do with their money. But the sole reason why so many shitty practices happen in the games industry is because too many people are supporting them.
Thing is though, we've been coop buddies since the days of CoD WaW zombies, we've played practically every coop game together, so saying no to him feels kinda "hurting".

He also doesn't know about my principles, I don't really know if I have any principles other than not buying games on EGS.

Me not having bough tthe game yet is really just because I find the price too high, I expected a launch discount like with previous EGS games.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Did Hitman always perform this well? I think I had tried the first one and it ran badly on my PC, which is the same, but 3 or 1 & 2 content in 3 easily get 60+ fps. Even the simulation which tanks the 2nd benchmark to single digit fps (otherwise it's flawless also) can be Best with no issues as stuff don't blow up all together.

Last edited:

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
  • Sad

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018

If your "principles" in a hobby prevent you from having fun, you're doing something wrong IMO.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Picked up Vampire Survivors. A game like this would never blow up on consoles, EGS or GOG.
I played 20+ hours so far, it's great fun, I arlready have everything but I just can't stop playing it. I have to stop my self from playing sometimes, I don't want to burn out, but it has "Just one more run" all over it.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Well, they did release/are releasing new games for dormant IPs over the past decade, though not all were successful attempts.
Killer Instinct, Flight Simulator, Age of Empires, Battletoads, Fable, and possibly a few others?

Freelancer, Blinx, never heard of those 2, and from a quick search, neither sold all that well originally, so I don't think those will ever be revived.
Imagine if Microsoft was funding Squadron 42 (the single player part of Star Citizen, just so we're both clear), and Chris Roberts decided to leave RSI before it released, and it ended up being really cut down from intial promises, but still good. And its 19 years ago. That's Freelancer.

Imagine taking the real world telemetry aspects of the most recent Flight Sim and working that into Midtown Madness? Populated actual city layouts and you buzzing around in Mini Coopers and VW beetle, etc. Now there's a reason to revive an old IP for some new tech.

• Eyes

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
If your "principles" in a hobby prevent you from having fun, you're doing something wrong IMO.
Well, thats the thing - in my case, I can still have a lot of fun without supporting EGS-only releases or crappy regional pricing. There's so many other great unplayed games I already own that I can play for free, these asshole pubs don't have a lot of leverage.

In fantomena's case, sure, if I was in the same situation and playing Hitman 3 specifically with this friend meant a lot to me, I'd bite as well! I'm just saying that without that social pressure, it's impossible for these companies to FOMO me into going along with their bullshit. :coffee-blob:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Yessssss. I'm not entirely dumb. \o/ Woohoo.
My capture card was waiting for me in the morning (I guess Amazon Overnighted it to me for some reason?) and it was actually pretty easy to start playing my Switch on PC. In-fact I spent most of the day setting up the Switch and cables on my desk and doing cable management to make it all neat, Whereas actually sitting down and testing it all out only took like 30 mins lol.

So that's exciting. Can play my Switch on monitor 1, and watch streams or look up guides on monitor 2.

Cozy!!

Honestly I thought it would be painful to get all setup. I never used a capture card before and only ever heard about them in reference to Streaming. So I was quite worried. Anyway, this is exciting. It's nice to have everything centralized at my desk/PC and now I hope to be more motivated to actually sit and play some of my Switch games.

(Of course I still wanna look into emulating the ones that are possible.) :blobyes:
====================

New Store pages! (I also posted these in the Steam New Release Thread)

Oh man, some of these look amazing!!
Super hyped for another Momodora and Homura Hime has style for dayssss!!

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I strongly disagree, because these shitty practices have a significant negative impact on my hobby. And seemingly other people's hobby as well, since the internet is filled with people complaining about IOI's shitty moves, including several pages of complaints on this site.

"I don't like what you're doing, but here's my money so you can keep doing it" doesn't make any sense for me. Especially since it's perfectly possible to ignore the shitty practices in gaming, while having the same amount of fun with other games.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
I'm not really into bullet hells but I saw the success of Vampire Survivors. It got to my attention that patch introducing NFT = Nduja Fritta Tanto, because that's a very specific italian dish. Then I looked into the characters and saw Arca Ladonna, Porta Ladonna, Poe Ratcho and yes, I can safely assume the devs are italian and you guys are missing a lot of funny puns:steam_pig_laughing:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Anyone got impressions of Forgotten City?

I’m curious what the puzzles are like; it’s not analogous to the kinds of puzzles in PnC adventure games is it?

• Eyes

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
So I looked up the platforms of this game.
This thing launched on the VITA. In 2019 :dizzy-face:
I guess Vita really does mean life.
Yep, the OG version released on PSV in 2019 (Japanese language only). The NSW version was the first English port iirc, and I've been struggling to not buy it since it launched lol.

And yeah, Vita will always mean life. :cat-heart-blob:

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
When it comes to entertainment everyone has a different threashold due to different circumstances. I'm not going to begrudge someone buying a game i think has a lot of business or technical issues if it means that they are playing with friends and having fun.

I'm sure we've all bought, played and enjoyed games that other people here would frown at for various reasons but at the end of the day it's up to the individual to decide if their situation warrants a purchase.

Right, i'm off to buy GNOSIA and break my New Year's Resolution of not buying games for a while. I'm justifying it by saying i wanted it for ages and expected it before Christmas so to me it's a 2021 purchase. Let's go! I'm gonna be so bad at this game!

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
When it comes to entertainment everyone has a different threashold due to different circumstances. I'm not going to begrudge someone buying a game i think has a lot of business or technical issues if it means that they are playing with friends and having fun.

I'm sure we've all bought, played and enjoyed games that other people here would frown at for various reasons but at the end of the day it's up to the individual to decide if their situation warrants a purchase.

Right, i'm off to buy GNOSIA and break my New Year's Resolution of not buying games for a while. I'm justifying it by saying i wanted it for ages and expected it before Christmas so to me it's a 2021 purchase. Let's go! I'm gonna be so bad at this game!
Yeah, I’ve bought a fair few things from EGS 🤷‍♂️

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
To be honest. the only time i think about EGS is when someone here mentions it. It's totally out of my mind otherwise.
I haven't even logged in to claim any free games. I don't think i've logged into my account since it launched.
Yeah I get that
I only go for freebies, vouchers and the rare exclusive like Hitman 3

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Anyone got impressions of Forgotten City?

I’m curious what the puzzles are like; it’s not analogous to the kinds of puzzles in PnC adventure games is it?
It's fantastic. The story is immediately engaging and has some great twists along the way.

The puzzles are far removed from what you get from PnC stuff. Most of it comes from choosing what to say to various NPCs. Figure out something from the previous loop, and you can press them on it to make them alter their behavior. It's not very difficult and is more about advancing the narrative than trying to unravel some obtuse logic.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
It's fantastic. The story is immediately engaging and has some great twists along the way.

The puzzles are far removed from what you get from PnC stuff. Most of it comes from choosing what to say to various NPCs. Figure out something from the previous loop, and you can press them on it to make them alter their behavior. It's not very difficult and is more about advancing the narrative than trying to unravel some obtuse logic.
Excellent thanks 😊👍

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Looking really good for Steam as a platform, it's growing at a very steady and fast rate.

November 27 (2021) - 27 million concurrent users
January 8 - 28 million concurrent users
January 16 - 28,7 million concurrent users
January 23 - 29,1 million concurrent users

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Looking really good for Steam as a platform, it's growing at a very steady and fast rate.

November 27 (2021) - 27 million concurrent users
January 8 - 28 million concurrent users
January 16 - 28,7 million concurrent users
January 23 - 29,1 million concurrent users

It's really no wonder why Valve doesn't really care much about Epic. Despite that a lot of people proclaimed the death of Steam when EGS was introduced.

Like, by all means, go EGS exclusive, but you are removing 29 million potential customers, logged in at once.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Agreed, I'd rather have fun with my friends than fight some battle.

These company's are going to keep being bastards anyway. Life's too short.
This is me with my boyfriend, who is seriously principled to a fault. Like, what am I supposed to do if I can't burn the scumbags house down? Just lemme enjoy my time on earth.

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Did Playism had an event or something? So many game news coming from them.
Yes, they had a long awaited livestream. Many of these titles were due out last year but it seems they were waiting to reveal the games at a big event so they can all get some spotlight.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
You can play Vampire Survivors for free on Itch and then support the devs by buying it if you enjoy it.

There used to be a TON of games like this with Crimsonland being the one that always springs to mind but however can i remember any of the others? Can i hell! Stupid memory.

People over on Giant Bomb were mentioning Deathstate so that may interest you or help find similar games.

Oh, look a chance for me to spotlight Ubermosh series. Yeah! Kinda similar run-based, twin-stick style shooters but Ubermosh has a hard time limit per-run so it's idea for small runs, it's also freaking difficult at first but it's short so you get used to try, fail, try, fail etc in quick succession. It's also dirt cheap and each game in the series has a different experimental idea behind it which is great.

Get the UBERMOSH collection for £1.50 at the moment. Totally worth the cost of less than a coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.