Community MetaSteam | January 2022 - With a new year comes great responsibility, BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Since the tweet has been deleted:

GamesBeat tweeted:
"Gamers are ready for NFTs, whether they know it or not (Sponsored)"

And linked this article

By this guy
written by one of the first grifters:

Witek Radomski is Co-founder & CTO at Enjin, where he oversees the company’s technical engineering, product vision, and development. Witek wrote the code for one of the first-ever NFTs in 2017 and is the author of ERC-1155, a groundbreaking Ethereum token standard that enables developers to deploy both fungible and non-fungible items in a single smart contract

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I would highly recommend it if you want to try the genre. A few months ago I redeemed a three-month Gamepass subscription for $1 with the intention of trying out as many games as possible but once I got to Slay the Spire I got hooked! I ended up spending two out of three months playing just that one game. If you'd like something more linear with a story campaign I would also recommend Steamworld Quest.
Sounds good! I do have it on Steam, not sure where I got it, probably a bundle? So Slay the Spire isn't linear? I have severe allergy towards linear games so now I'm more interested!

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I know I'm one of the few in this boat but StS is one of my least favorite card games I've played on Steam. The entire premise of the "strategy" is that once you know the game, you can "guess" at what is most likely to come up and most likely to succeed. You aren't making interesting choices because you don't have enough actual information in your run, so once you've understood the game there is always a best choice to make because you can't actually predict anything that will be offered in the future, and it's usually not even a close choice, it's obvious, unless you are going out of your way to force something specific (but then you just lose over and over until it works).

Compare that with Monster Train, Vault of the Void, Neoverse, etc. where you still have a ton of randomness involved every run but you are making actual interesting choices because you have some (not nearly all) information and some different ways to use resources to help build in different ways.

To me, StS is sort of OK until you figure it out, and then it's incredibly boring. The other games are still fun when you figure them out because it still feels like you're playing them, rather than following a flowchart (and I like flowcharts)

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Sounds good! I do have it on Steam, not sure where I got it, probably a bundle? So Slay the Spire isn't linear? I have severe allergy towards linear games so now I'm more interested!
It's a roguelike, you have to reach the end of each map and fight a boss but there are multiple paths you can select and the encounters are randomised for every playthrough.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

i got this for b-day last year and i won't be able to play it until after next b-day XD
Damn

This is definitely not coming until 2023 now.

There will be more delays for sure but hopefully not too many. I think the most obvious next one will be Suicide Squad or GK as I really don't see Warner pushing out 2 DC games this year.

And I now its close but please god no Elden Ring delay :sweaty-blob:

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

GamesBeat tweeted:

And linked this article

By this guy
Epic and PC Gamer are miles ahead of these guys.
VentureBeat now has a shitstorm on their hand, while PC Gamer still proclaims not to be funded entirely by Epic

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
So massively off topic but i wanted to share, today we had an offer accepted on a house we want to buy.

Been looking for a while, house market is completely fucked from covid. Everything is way overpriced and sells immediately, if you dont get to view within a few days of it going on the market then its gone by the weekend. Anyway we saw a place last weekend and i could tell my partner fell in love with it. She was smitten. It was already under offer (the offer coming from a developer who was going to extend and flip it so im not bothered about gusumping them). My partner is NHS so its been a really tough couple of years for her. We got engaged a couple of months ago and this is the icing on the cake.

So woo! new house.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

GamesBeat tweeted:

And linked this article

By this guy
fuck this so much.

CAN'T WAIT FOR GOW!!!!!!

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
So massively off topic but i wanted to share, today we had an offer accepted on a house we want to buy.

Been looking for a while, house market is completely fucked from covid. Everything is way overpriced and sells immediately, if you dont get to view within a few days of it going on the market then its gone by the weekend. Anyway we saw a place last weekend and i could tell my partner fell in love with it. She was smitten. It was already under offer (the offer coming from a developer who was going to extend and flip it so im not bothered about gusumping them). My partner is NHS so its been a really tough couple of years for her. We got engaged a couple of months ago and this is the icing on the cake.

So woo! new house.
That is just all kinds of awesome! Happy for you guys :cat-heart-blob:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

GamesBeat tweeted:

And linked this article

By this guy
Sure reads like someone who has a stake in NFTs and/or is on the hook for bunch of NFT purchases and they need to reel in more idiots to keep the scheme going.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I love Rimworld. A pack of mad Timberwolves, about 15 of them, descended on my little homestead so i restricted my people to stay indoors to wait them out. Luckily they had approached from the east side of my home which was cut off from the rest of the map by mountain and so we could happily go about our business making sure to steer clear of that area. Unfortunately a travelling convoy turned up.......from the east. They got mauled by the wolves, 6 of them dead, 4 injured resulting in a lot of spilled loot and about 800 wolf meat to make into some delicious pies. Its a tough life in the Rimworld.

My colonists extracted the dead peoples skulls, stuck them onto pikes and displayed them all over the east fields as a tribute to the fallen visitors.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

So woo! new house.
Sweet, now you can sell the house and you'll halfway to afford a RTX 3080!.

In all seriousness, congrats!!

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Thinking of picking up MHR ... but I'm still only halfway through MHW. :flare_think:

Perhaps I'll wait after all. There can't be any fashion mods out at this stage anyway.
Same. I'll get it eventually but I really need to at least play the Iceborne campaign first. I was hoping to do all the achievements but at this point I think that's just a time commitment I'm not willing to make. Hopefully I'll be caught up in time for Sunbreak this summer.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Thinking of picking up MHR ... but I'm still only halfway through MHW. :flare_think:

Perhaps I'll wait after all. There can't be any fashion mods out at this stage anyway.
As someone who put time into the switch version who dropped Rise pretty hard (not due to performance, it was pretty good considering) considering I played every MH except the PS2 one, you should wait for a discount and mods.

Also I ain't paying more than the states for a capcom game who has been slowly increasing the price of their games here even tho Rise was a gift lol.

Also Elden Ring is the game my money is going for, been awhile since I bought a game at release.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Man, those modders are so nice. Those lawyers at Capcom are probably worrying if they'll have enough fan projects this quarter to write C&D letters to, so they still earn their bonuses. It's good to see people are still willing to publish news about their fan remakes way too early, so those lawyers can keep their families fed.
Historically Capcom has been pretty cool about mods and fan projects. Not sure about full remakes that rip off models from their games though, but I guess someone has to test the waters there too.

Which reminds me, this is getting closer.

Also reminded me of this cool thing that they promoted few years back.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So I guess it's true the Steam Deck will be an Eroge powerhouse. It seems that some Eroge devs have already gotten one and have shown their games working on it.

That's right Mor Eroge.

Also "Anyone know who's handling PR for the Steam Deck?"

Did the Valve Index really have much PR at all? And will the Steam Deck be similar?

By which I mean did all the PR and outside people that they were going to have try it, they already did? Because they only invited a select few to try it out and after that they didn't really send reviews copies persay? I'm mostly mentioning this since the thought is sort of weird especially with how the current stock in sold out until Q2 of this year.

At the moment prior to the ready for consumer models they have mainly been sending them to game devs/pubs and from the looks of it, they have sent some out to people like Phil and YosP.

I guess it's time for me to get a February model and some how sell it to an influencer for $2kUSD.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
broke: Roguevania
woke: Twin stick rogue like shooter

the word rogue has lost all meaning anytime i read it i lose my mind a bit just a bit okay

Everyone is developing either roguevania or rogue like hack n slash or twin sticker shooter

I too am developing roguelike hack n slash for the metaverse involving a fucking baseball bat but it's irl

if you think about it, if you give yourself too many concussions, irl might actually be roguelike

Like how die hard is metroidvania irl would be roguelike if you had NFL amounts of concussions

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I hope Cyberpunk 2077 starts getting updates again. It seems pretty cool from what little I've played, it just really, really needs that second 90% of its time in the oven. Mostly so it runs well.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Think it will be a quiet first quarter for me. Only game so far on the definitely getting is Total Warhammer 3. But, due to the way I tend to play, that can wait till closer to the Mortal Realms update and playing on the big map.

Not as if I have a shortage of other games to play.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia

undu

Mar 17, 2019
Humble will stop offering binaries for mac and Linux of games in humble trove, as if there were already few reasons to keep the subscription active

I guess coding a combo box to select a download is too difficult, or keep the web interface.

This makes me suspect DRM in this client to enforce subscriptions is coming sooner or later.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Also "Anyone know who's handling PR for the Steam Deck?"

Did the Valve Index really have much PR at all? And will the Steam Deck be similar?

By which I mean did all the PR and outside people that they were going to have try it, they already did? Because they only invited a select few to try it out and after that they didn't really send reviews copies persay? I'm mostly mentioning this since the thought is sort of weird especially with how the current stock in sold out until Q2 of this year.
Well that's the thing isn't it. They don't need PR to be done because stock is sold out anyway. They seem to be confident enough in the product that users will organically do it for them. I'm sure they'll send out a few for review, but I suspect that they've done most of what they wanted to, PR wise, and again with stock being sold out, it seems like they've achieved enough to get initial momentum going.

Valve has been pretty candid about who it's for, what it can do and what it aims to do, avoiding providing questionable tech demos as we see in many console launches. I think the main thing that remains to be seen is just how wide and pain-free access to the existing Steam library is. That'll be an ongoing project, which hopefully will be promising out of the gate so as to continue building demand.

Since developers are still working on improving support for it, they can't roll out that Deck support tag too early either and flag partially or unsupported games prematurely. It would be good to have an indication sooner than later, but I would think that its rollout shouldn't be too far off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomasety and PC-tan

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Great to hear. I remember that [ @Aaron D. ] love simulation games?
What gave you the idea? He tries so hard to conceal it :toucan:

~

As someone who only has Mac, humble is doing everything it can to push me away.
Same for Linux users, I guess, but then again, I never used the trove anyway, and even if I was still using Windows, I wouldnt install their new launcher. The last couple years I gradually got rid of all of the "other launchers" (not the accounts and the games within, of course) and now I only use Steam + Battlenet.

~

Speaking of Linux: Seems like Monster Hunter Rise runs perfectly fine on Proton out of the box. AND Capcom gave Valve access to the game early so they could get it Proton-ready. Good! Hope this becomes more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.