Community MetaSteam | January 2024 - Let's get this year started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I suppose this will be a remaster from realta nua.
But well day one anyway.

Yep confirmed is realta nua version. I’m surprised there’s no ps5 version announcement when sony have rights on that and this version was released on ps2 and vita.

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I've quit PSO2 NGS some months ago, but still been keeping up with news about its updates, I guess I'm not missing out on much, since it feels like they've doubled or tripled down on this since then:

"Don't miss out", oh, I'm definitely gonna miss out, too much playable FOMO content is one of the reasons I've quit to begin with.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
I will always find it hilarious how surprised certain japanese devs are when they finally release their games on Steam worldwide. Happened with Yakuza/LoD, happened with SRW, and I guess it happened with WotHN too since TN/Aniplex are going all out. It's almost if, as far as platform go, console and pc has different type of users and it's important to not make games exclusive so you can actually see where the fanbase actually buys your game

Reactions: ExistentialThought

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
It is funny how we are getting everything from Type-Moons B-roll on PC, but not Tsukihime, because the dev thinks its suited for big screens or some other nonsense. Really feels like like they are ashamed of their origin from Japans Doujin circles and want to be seen as a "serious" dev who targets consoles.
For what it's worth, he changed his tune post-release to 'we would like a PC version if we release English/Chinese localizations' so I'd assume it's coming late, just as Mahoyo (so Summer 2025?).

Reactions: PC-tan and Mivey

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks like some good reviews for P3R with 89 metacritic.

Skimmed the IGN review and they liked all the upgrades to social links + Tartarus. Very positive about the voice acting too.

• Gib
Reactions: ExistentialThought

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

One final thing on that Sonic X Shadow Generations domain registration: It utilizes the same masking service as Sonic Superstars. #SonicNews
This would seem to be very real. Thanks goes to our own @thespindash for digging into this.
Seems like sega registered a domain named sonicxshadowgenerations, so the rumored Sonic Generations remaster isn't just a remaster. 👀

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
W/ regards to Embracer, have they shipped any major game? How do they even make money? How did they manage to buy all these studios and devs and have NOTHING to show for it? And everything that comes close to having a chance, gets cancelled instead??

What are they doing? Do they even want to be in the Video Games business?? It almost comes across as sabotage at this point JFC.
They release plenty of games. Valheim was pretty big. Last year, Remnant 2 comes to mind. And my GOTY, Jagged Alliance 3. In few months, Alone in the Dark and Outcast 2 are coming out.
But they grew too quickly and made some bad bets (saudi deal, interest rates), their stock plummeted, and they need to service large debt.

But, nobody forced the companies that sold to Embracer to sell. It was still voluntary transaction. One would assume that it is not completely out of realm of possibility that companies that Embracer closes will be reconstituted. Volition founders have just announced they started new studio, for example.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Is Square-Enix ok? They seem to be having an uncharacteristically productive week on PC.
First, DQB finally getting a port. And now they bring the Pixel Remasters to feature parity with the console releases.

What if this is a new Square Enix...

What if we get Steam versions of Kingdom Hearts games in Humble Choice next week.....

:wd_warren:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I finished Assassin's Creed Syndicate, I had a good time. The game kinda became too easy towards the end but otherwise it was a fun open world romp. I didn't bother with the collectibles and such but I did liberate every region as the map wasn't too big. I've heard that the maps have ballooned in size lately.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
100 dollar for games listed below

A Little to the Left
Afterparty
Below
Birth
Broken Age
Bugsnax
Critter Crunch
Escape Academy
Everything
Falcon Age
Flinthook
Frog Detective 1 & 2
Gang Beasts
Garbage Pail Kids
GNOG
Grindstone
Knuckle Sandwich
Loot Rascals
Melatonin
Mercenary Kings
Mutzaione
N++
OXENFREE
OXENFREE II: Lost Signals
Psychonauts 2
Return of the Obra Dinn
Rez Infinite
Sea of Stars
SPORTSFRIENDS
Subnautica
Super T.I.M.E. Force
Thumper
Toem
Venba

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
This article still triggered me. The "cons" of Steam are basically all about too many games. I'm to the point where the word "discoverability" just sets me off. I don't rely on Steam or really any store to tell me which games are good or potentially interesting. But if I happen to be just in the mood to look around, I can browse by genre, best sellers, reviews, and countless other dimensions, not even counting the experimental tools. What do these people expect for "discoverability"? Never having to think or expend the slightest bit of effort while sitting there with their fat maws open, waiting for someone else to shovel in "content"?

Crypto scams? "Offensive rubbish"? Fucking look away. It's not like it's hard to identify those, and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen either. And if something is a scam or illegal, it will get removed and you'll get refunded. Is this really a serious criticism?

Complaining about "constantly being notified" about trading cards and so on? Manage yourself. It's not hard to ignore if you're not interested in participating. I'd love to see what would happen if Valve just got rid of trading cards. And they don't even have sale minigames anymore, probably because they received nothing but constant whining and bitching for their efforts.

And bitching about reviews is just dumb. Review bombing, which I don't really support, also happens to be one of the few ways consooomers can actually get the attention of companies these days. And Steam reviews, while often full of attention seeking stupidity, is one of the only remaining ways to get detailed, specific, and unbiased pros and cons about a game.

Real hard hitting journalism there. I'm so sick of the constant negativity that stinks up every corner of this industry.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Some hours into Kingdom Come. It's....okay, not the masterpiece people were talking about back at release, but it's decent. I do however feel that the focus on realism steps on the "fun" factor too often in the game. It's also quite janky and buggy. I have no problems with Eurojank, but Eurojank mixed with bugs is not good.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
according with promo material there were some more material than that, no idea if something like this is axed on the final version or it was just the all-ages suitable trailer. But yeah who cares people loves the censorship.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
tbh I just want more Dr. Arach content
She's an interesting character, but I don't care much for her character design.
Can’t wait for the usual suspects to cry about “muh sensorship!”
I made the mistake of visiting P3R's Steam Community forum.

I don't know what I expected. :flare_lmao:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
according with promo material there were some more material than that, no idea if something like this is axed on the final version or it was just the all-ages suitable trailer. But yeah who cares people loves the censorship.

it is not censorship when a company decides to remove content that was already there in the ps2 game over a decade ago. Given the tacky subject of kids holding guns to their heads, I can understand if Atlus opts to remove some extreme scenes to try to balance things out. That's a corporate choice, likely dictated by the marketing department.
It's at best "cowardice", but more likely just simple cynicism, if removing something from the original vision makes profitability line go up.

EDIT: And removing transphobia is always a plus. Fuck that shit

• This!
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.