Community MetaSteam | January 2024 - Let's get this year started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
To be honest the whole "They're a blatant copy! It's a rip off!" thing with palworld is just hilarious to me when you can just look at Power Rangers aka Super Sentai and see the deluge of shit which is even more obvious than palworld and nothing came of it at all (or i just didn't care, because no one does)

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Out of the first 6 hours of Infinite Wealth 5 hours are cutscenes. Ratio is even worse than in previous games. I'm finally at a point where I'm free to do some sidequests. They really need to work on the pacing.

I remember liking a power rangers type show called Jetman. I actually watched that before ever watching PR.

• Eyes
Reactions: Stevey

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
there're rumours about a State of Play for january 31st
I'm curious cause one the games on that list is Sonic Generations Remaster.
Is the first time I read about that sonic remaster possibility, nice. (for me is the best Sonic after Sonic CD release).

The original can be played on XBOX and Steam, so makes sense release a remaster to get an excuse to release it for Switch and PS5.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I'm curious cause one the games on that list is Sonic Generations Remaster.
Is the first time I read about that sonic remaster possibility, nice. (for me is the best Sonic after Sonic CD release).

The original can be played on XBOX and Steam, so makes sense release a remaster to get an excuse to release it for Switch and PS5.
Remastering Generations instead of Unleashed which isn’t playable on any modern platform except Xbox when the fanbase has been asking for it for YEARS is the most Sonic Team thing ever honestly.

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Most likely true because the 31st is ff7's anniversary and ff7 day in japan and it's highly expected something rebirth related is happening (like the demo announcement and probably the previews from the recent event).

Add the fact that it's a wednesday and that's a day sony likes to do SOPs and it makes too much sense. I expect the announcement tomorrow.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
How long did it take for you guys to finish Kingdom Come? Planning to start on that next soon.
Very dependant on how many sidequests you do and whether you play in hardcore, and whether you have all DLCs.
My complete playthrough with all sidequests done, all DLCs finished and in hardcore mode took me exactly 200 hours according to Steam. But I loved being in that world so I was sad when it ended (unlike with, say, Ubisoft games, where I am usually sick of them 3/4 way through). I recommend hardcore mode btw (with somnambulant perk), it makes the experience significantly more immersive, especially when it comes to navigation,

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Woah, you guys' energy bills are crazy.
Are you also heating and using warm water with electricity?

my bill just got raised to 46€ a month for a 2 flat apartment. And I am conscious about not making it more costly. Abandoned my little foot heater and did not buy a mini fridge because of the energy costs.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
My house is like $140-240 a month depending how much AC we have to use (SW CA is HOT in the summer-- we've paid over $300 before). With the rain we've been getting it's been on the lower side which is nice. It's also a whole house though with central AC/heat. So we expect to pay more.

Also have a really jerk power company who everyone hates here. None of this includes water but our water rates are extremely reasonable since we ripped out all of our grass and replaced them with drought tolerant plants.

But hey still can't complain when the weather is nice 90% of the year.

• Love
Reactions: dummmyy

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Electricity is not an issue here. Relatively, obvs. 51 or so a month. Now, 93 for heating gas, on the other hand...
But that's what you get with modern cheap radiators toasters.

Reactions: QFNS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

That's the second time in recent memory I know of a big publisher boasting Steam numbers. I know Capcom did it for Monster Hunter World earlier in the month.
They must have seen how people use it in general, it's basically a marketing tool.

Capcom using it does make sense, since it shows that hey there is a large player pool here for you to play the game with, which is great.

With RGG doing it, that is mainly just showing how much the series has grown. Which is a great thing.

Also are we not sure that it's not the Palworld affect? (Or maybe BG3 also shared the high player count as well?) You saw how they made multiple post about how well the game was selling, how hight it was in turns of wishlist, how it was a top seller, how it was being played online buy a lot of people.

Buzz.

This is the type of stuff that mainly Indies would be sharing, maybe big name publishers are finally seeing some of the tactics that Indies have been using for years?

Reactions: Arc

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
The thing about buzz on Steam is, that you can verify it.

If an XBOX or Playstation game touts about Player engagement or other unverifiable numbers, at best I take it with a grain of salt. Wouldn't be the first time a game claims to be the best shit ever and how awesome their engagement is and how you should not miss out on it. And then being dead the next month.

Reactions: lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
  1. Goku (Z - Early)
  2. Goku (Z - Mid)
  3. Goku (Z - Mid), Super Saiyan
  4. Goku (Z - End)
  5. Goku (Z - End), Super Saiyan
  6. Goku (Z - End), Super Saiyan 2
  7. Goku (Z - End), Super Saiyan 3
  8. Goku (Super)
  9. Goku (Z - Mid), Super Saiyan
  10. Goku (Super), Super Saiyan God
  11. Goku (Super), Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan
  12. Vegeta (Z - Scouter)
  13. Great Ape Vegeta
  14. Vegeta (Z - Early)
  15. Vegeta (Z - Early), Super Saiyan
  16. Super Vegeta
  17. Vegeta (Z - End)
  18. Vegeta (Z - End), Super Saiyan
  19. Vegeta (Z - End), Super Saiyan 2
  20. Majin Vegeta
  21. Vegeta (Super)
  22. Vegeta (Super), Super Saiyan
  23. Vegeta (Super), Super Saiyan God
  24. Vegeta (Super), Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Don't see anything about Blood being Born or Souls being a Demon.

Trash state of play confirmed.

Also I played Generations a few years ago for a bit and it was fine. Didn't think once about the game needing a remaster so yea really dumb and random of SEGA to do that. I should return to it and keep playing this time on Deck tho.

They will probably delist the original on Steam like they did with the recent classics once the new collection came out. So people should look up cheap keys while you still can.

Reactions: Mor

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
PSVR2 must not be doing too well

So it it wouldn't be a surprise for them to moneyhat VR games. Maybe timed exclusivity or some shit like that. Metro would be a good get.

Honestly surprised Sony hasn't announced any big 1st party VR titles. Not counting that Horizon thing they had to of been cooking up at least another big game for the headset right?

Reactions: PC-tan

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
They’ve Vita’d the PSVR2, and the effect is amplified because Sony’s pivoted all their studios to AAAA and GaaS, so there’s not really much capacity for the experimental stuff that gave character to PSVR1, PSP and Vita.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's great to see LAD doing well.
I'm a huge fan of Metro, if it's VR only that sucks.
It's probably not the next big Metro title. Bit surprised to see a studio that hasn't made any VR games to date push for VR. Either someone there is a big fan, or someone like Sony or Meta approached them to give them a shiny VR game for their platforms.
Either way, it's not going to affect existing fans who dont' care about VR. We will still surely get a non-VR follow up to Exodus.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Wake up from 9 hours of sleep. Drink Coffee, have a smoke. Shovel snow for 40 minutes. Wash face.

I'm tired again. How do you guys get untired if your Caffeine tolerance is already maxed? :thinking-face:
Start adding some lemon to your coffee. It will give you an extra hydrating boost and you won't feel like shit.

Also probably not a good idea to smoke before shoveling snow for 40 minutes

Reactions: 「Echo」

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Start adding some lemon to your coffee. It will give you an extra hydrating boost and you won't feel like shit.

Also probably not a good idea to smoke before shoveling snow for 40 minutes
Lemon huh, I love lemons but wouldn't have thought to add some juice to coffee. (Acid on Acid?) 99% of the time I take my coffee black.

Normally I wouldn't have my smoke before strenuous work, it's just part of my morning routine. I didn't know it snowed 'til I looked out the window, my downstairs neighbor was sleeping but had to go to work in an hour. So I figured I'd be a good neighbor and go get the side-walk, driveway, and their car cleared.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
GD I'm digging on Palworld.

Spent more time playing solo this weekend and it dawned on me how smartly the pieces fit together to create a fresh/novel gameplay loop.

Technology tier unlocks being tied to the player's level feels like an innovative approach. It makes you go out and explore the various gameplay feature sets to earn the xp for future unlocks, whether that's working on your base, farming materials, collecting Pals, exploring dungeons or whatever. And in turn those newly earned tech tiers circle back into increasingly complex base upgrades.

It's an organic feedback loop that has a smart rhythm & flow. It facilitates goal-oriented progress so there's always new objectives available at any time.

Another think that struck me was how awesome it is to be able to adjust loot-table variables every time you fire up the game. Many titles let you adjust resource availabilities, player/enemy HP, etc. at the start of a new game. But PW lets you fine tune those adjustments even after you've started a new game file.

I was getting fatigued with the player/Pal hunger demands so I went in there and dialed it down from the default 1 to .1 and it worked great! I was no longer getting pulled away to take care of that element and felt a lot more freedom to pursue other goals.

Perhaps I'll turn it back up later, but in the meantime I love having that option available at all times. Also turned off base raids because f that noise.

So yeah, there really is an infectious gameplay loop here that sports the flexibility & diversity to make it one of the more addictive genre entries in recent memory. The team really knocked it out of the park.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
SE and random ass drops name a more iconic duo.

Honestly if you have builders 2 you really don't need this. 1 was like a prototype of the formula and there's barely any story or structure in it and obviously there's less building features and depth than what 2 has as well. It's one of those games where the sequel all but erases the need to ever play the prior one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.