Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Console gamers: "Who cares about EGS, it's just another launcher"
Also console gamers: "Why do I have to log into Bethesda.net to play Doom? So stupid. I hate it. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."
At least they have it easy, Bethesda.Net will only be avaible for Beth games. The EGS meanwhile is throwing around insane sums of money to capture an ever larger piece of PC Gaming industry, for 0 net value to customers, replacing an excellent client with one that has barely implemented one tenth of the former's functionality, has no refund mechanism to speak of and limits interactions with a larger community.
I am not taking feedback

:blobnoanime:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
My guilty pleasure was card captor sakura, it used to air before some classes I was taking. Best pokemon-like ever. Way better than digimon >_>

Reactions: MJunioR

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think I will do just that. I didn't know that I could make a thread, I thought I had to meet a certain requirement first. And even then because of the way that I present the information I thought it would just be better suited as a post here in this thread instead of a completely new one. I would like to maybe change some of the things that I wrote but that will likely take a long and I'm not sure if I could be bothered to since I procrastinate a lot. So I will just add it as is and then add more information as I come across it, since there are still a lot of things that I have not mentioned in what I wrote. But ya I do hope that it leads to some great discussions.

Also thanks lashman I guess you could say that everyone liked that but I could not find the image
Please do a thread, as I said, it's a very interesting topic and the information provided is amazing :cat-heart-blob:
It will me more than welcome, I can assure you that.

NotForYourStereo

MetaMember
Oct 3, 2018
A bit off-topic, but lash said it should be fine...

For anybody that's into LEGO and/or Overwatch, if you wanna take a look at my Ideas contest entry, I'd appreciate it. You can't actually vote on entries, and I'm not sure what metric keeps entries at the top, but if you have an account and leave a comment, that might help me out.

Here's a little comparison between my build and the game skin.

Deleted member 113

The stages of the later half of Catherine are making me want to throw the controller against the wall. o_O
After almost one hour losing on the first stage of night six, I think I'll take a break.
This "normal" difficulty level is a bit on the high side of things.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
The Steam Recommender got a small update:

The main thing is that you can now ignore games from among your top 50 most-played list, preventing them from being used to generate new suggestions. In my case, that meant going through the list and excluding every clicker that I had ever played.

They've also changed the sorting to avoid giving the impression that the recommender is weighted mostly by play-time, replacing playtime with date of last play, but IMO it just makes it harder to find stuff on the list.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The stages of the later half of Catherine are making me want to throw the controller against the wall. o_O
After almost one hour losing on the first stage of night six, I think I'll take a break.
This "normal" difficulty level is a bit on the high side of things.
hoh boy if you think night 6 is bad you're gonna have real trouble with night 7 and 9.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Damn, how do I not own DOOM 3 BFG? Just saw some footage of the VR Mod and it looks ridiculous. Good thing it's Quakecon Weekend.

Reactions: lashman and MJunioR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Managed to finish both A Plague Tale: Innocence and Little Nightmare DLCs today.

A Plague Tale was great. Really liked the characters (especially Amicia, Hugo and Lucas), beautiful environments and for once a game with an ending that I actually liked,

Little Nightmares DLCs were short, but nice.

Deleted member 113

hoh boy if you think night 6 is bad you're gonna have real trouble with night 7 and 9.
Night 9 ?! o_O

I lowered the difficulty to easy, and continued the game (I never do this, but I'm really tired, and with no patience to keep repeating the stages, but I want to see the rest of the story), and I just cleared night 7, and thought this was it, or at least I just had one more night... :unsure:

Parts of stage 7-5 made me pull my hair, even on easy, so I see I will have a hard time ahead of me.

This really wasn't the right game to play while I'm with my head "switched off". :)

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Night 9 ?! o_O

I lowered the difficulty to easy, and continued the game (I never do this, but I'm really tired, and with no patience to keep repeating the stages, but I want to see the rest of the story), and I just cleared night 7, and thought this was it, or at least I just had one more night... :unsure:

Parts of stage 7-5 made me pull my hair, even on easy, so I see I will have a hard time ahead of me.

This really wasn't the right game to play while I'm with my head "switched off". :)
Night 8 is only 1 level and is pretty easy. But Night 9 is the last. Full Body adds a 10th night though

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
It's weird but after seeing how bad wolf youngblood turned out it's kind of made me want to download the previous 2 games and go through them on PC. I don't think I've played TNO since 2015-ish so it'll feel good to play a good wolfenstein again. Hopefully it holds up as well as I remember it being.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

there.... I did add some things. The only thing that I added that I think is "useful information" is when I talk about Octopath Traveler and China, other wise I just added more stuff

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
ReShade port of AMD Contrast Adaptive Sharpen (CAS) is pretty cool. Low performance impact for a good sharpening filter is pretty great. Especially with most newer games using TAA.

Thx AMD!
How can i use it? Seems like Reshade does not "see" that CAS.fx file..

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
Just a heads up regarding the Windows Insider program. Since I joined it, I have experienced a lot of issues with older games. Ok, it's just one issue: they make Windows crash right after launching them and I get this screen in either green or blue:

and the games then disappear from the "installed games" list in Steam (even though they're still installed).

I found some stuff when googling this issue which doesn't make me feel optimistic:

My take-away here is that MS won't look into fixing any of these issues and expects developers to release patches for their games. Which is quite unlikely in case of older games. Games which made Windows crash (all Steam versions and up-to-date):
  • Risen
  • Rakuen
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  • KotoR 2

I was able to play Risen after I used the recovery option to go back to a previous Windows 10 build. But that's not an option anymore since too much time has passed since I installed the Insider build.

The only thing that seems a bit off is that the articles I linked talk about anti-cheat software while the games I tested are all single-player games. Not sure what's up with that. But the common denominator seems to be the Insider build.

Any other ideas on what I might try would be appreciated. I could reinstall an older build manually but I want to avoid that if possible.
Tried some more games and all these made Windows crash as well:
  • Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
  • TES3: Morrowind
  • TES4: Oblivion
  • ArcaniA
  • Call of Juarez (both, DirectX 9 + 10)
  • Divinity II: Developer's Cut

The next step for me is to find one of the older HDDs I should have lying around and install a non-Insider Windows 10 build on it. If the games work there, I'll install the Windows Insider build I currently have on my main drive. If the games work there, something is wrong with Windows on my main drive and I'll have to do a clean reinstall. If they don't work, the fault lies with the current Insider build.

Reactions: xinek

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is such a good metroidvania.

I'm enjoying it way more than Bloodstained.

Aside from it being really pretty to look at, the gameplay is top-notch. Many of the areas you discover are completely built around the skills you unlock instead of just finding stuff that changes your gameplay in a more subtle/limited way (for example, being able to double jump or being invulnerable to spike damage).
This has the only drawback (is it a drawback?) of making things more obvious and less reliant on backtracking (although there's a fair amount of it).
And the few first minutes of the game are pretty misleading as some areas of the game are pretty tough (for some reason it always feel like I find myself in insta-death situations... no matter how many heart containers I have).

The only thing that I really hate is the stupid amount of unfair traps (spiders dropping out of nowhere, mines, etc). But the auto saves are pretty forgiving.

I already "name dropped" Hell Yeah! a few weeks ago, but the animation and the movement somewhat reminded me of it... and then I noticed that this game was also made by a French studio. Is there such a thing as a "French-feeling" video game? I should look up if some of Arkedo's devs went to work there.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Change it to September and we gucci.
If they move the Digimon release date to September, sure :p

Talking about Digimon, I'm a bit baffled that 4 days after their tweet of "Preorder for PC/Switch today!" you still can't preorder. No Steam store-page. the preorder options on the Namco site only has switch but the links don't even work anyway.
The hell are they doing.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Talking about Digimon, I'm a bit baffled that 4 days after their tweet of "Preorder for PC/Switch today!" you still can't preorder. No Steam store-page. the preorder options on the Namco site only has switch but the links don't even work anyway.
The hell are they doing.
Setting up EGS storepage, obviously.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
oooh, i like that
In case you all wonder why.

The Darquest - reference to Darq (that is releasing next month) and the rest of horror games that are coming out in August (Man of Meda, Adam, Blair Witch, etc...)

can shine - August is the brightest month in general and USUALLY the hottest of the year.

with a Mecha-President - because METAL WOLF CHAOS XD IS COMING!!!!! GOD BLESS DEMOCRACY!!!

The hell are they doing.
THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Status
Not open for further replies.