Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I don't think I knew this, but apparently Valve is the only platform holder that doesn't charge the devs to generate keys. As in, I knew Valve didn't charge devs/pubs to generate keys, but I thought some of the other platform holders didn't as well.

Good stuff on Valve. Getting charged for generating keys for your backers on consoles must suck hard for indie devs.
I wouldn't be surprised if that were one of the many reasons "consoles unlocked" is the last stretch tier. On top of what they have already said about "launching time in the middle of next gen transition + nintendo possible unannounced switch 2"

Reason: typos

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be false, but I'm pretty sure I recall EGS not charging for keys as well... 🤔
I believe Epic does, sort of. If you haven't made back your up front sales total, external key sales effect your revenue. Not 100% sure how it works but I assume it's in place to prevent people taking the money hat and then selling keys off site giving epic no chance of making back the "loan." and let's face it, few have made back their up front payment.

Reactions: Milena and Copons

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

No Geralt, no watch.

Who am I kidding? Day 1.
I'm curious why it's set so far after the 3 worlds joined and not during, but I guess if old cranky pants Sapkowski is involved in the writing (and apparently he is), then it might be pretty good.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I just whishes that they do a Ciri's Adventures on the Multiverse at some point.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
As I understand, if they made it $5 on Origin, they will have to offer the same deal on Steam at some point.
i think that's only about the keys ... so, like, if they were selling steam keys through origin for $5

Reactions: TioChuck

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
My problem with this is that if there isn't any crossave between gamepass/winstore and Steam, that would mean I would have to start from scratch on Steam if I played it via game pass.

+ the lack of playtime tracking on game pass (only certain games support it on Xbox app, don't know if Grounded will).
for halo you have to sign into ms store/xbl as their way of doing matchmaking and crosssave so maybe that will be the plan for all their first party from here on out. killer instinct doesn't work like that and its really been a detriment to the steam version to the point where i recommend not getting it to friends.

Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Boomer moment incoming in 3,2,1...
Is there a list with user created emoji?

All I can remember is :durante:
It's also the only emoji that needs to exists, so...
There's a thread with a bunch, but not all.

:sweeney_ducktales: :timinator: :moneytoburn: :durante2:

Good thing Steam isn't a platform, just one of the PC platform storefronts.
I fully expect game going :timinator: after the Steam beta ends.

That's a nice PC game you have there.

:sweeneyfence:

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Would it be possible to buy an add-on that would integrate custom emojis into the smiley bar?
Or are we afraid of people spamming them eventually?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Did a bit of purging of my wishlist. Went from 173 to 109 which is much more manageable, especially considering 1 I already own (backed Everspace 2), 1 I'll get in a couple of days (Battle Brothers dlc) and 20 are still unreleased.
I wish we could have multiple wishlists, or custom lists in general, to separate the 'maybes' from the 'definitelys' and keep everything tidy.

Reactions: Tomasety

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah, I try to stay away from platform warring nonsense and avoid reductive generalizations, but in this particular case I'm really struggling to think of an explanation that's not unflattering to console players. It's why I find it so baffling. I mean, surely it's not just the lack of shootbang gameplay that made people dislike this?
Obviously it's not all console gamers, but the mainstream audience is dumb as bricks. You simply get more niche / outside the box types of gamers on PC - probably a population several times larger.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be false, but I'm pretty sure I recall EGS not charging for keys as well... 🤔
Egs does not charge for keys, as Tim Sweeney said that is "true".
They do however charge from each redemption of a key.

Cue snipplet from EGSIE agreement

I don't think I knew this, but apparently Valve is the only platform holder that doesn't charge the devs to generate keys. As in, I knew Valve didn't charge devs/pubs to generate keys, but I thought some of the other platform holders didn't as well.

Good stuff on Valve. Getting charged for generating keys for your backers on consoles must suck hard for indie devs.
I thought this was common knowledge. It's the reason console Humbles are almost non existent.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Yeah they are clearly following the Bloodstained route. Big Kickstarter to show interest and then publisher to handle the rest of the budget.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Anyone else having issues with Steam? Can't even log in. getting varying responses from various "is it down' websites

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
You know, one thing Valve really needs to fix is the way screenshot uploader works now. Since the library update it's been kind of broken and doesn't sync online state of screenshots. Sometimes for screenshots that already online and have captions, it will add the "add caption" text in there again too.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
anyone know who this is subtweeting

I went to the profile of one of the game devs who retweeted this and they also retweeted this right before so I assume its this dude. He worked on that racing game Drift Stage that got kickstarted years ago and never came out. Shocker, Dude's an absolute nutjob

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes
Status
Not open for further replies.