Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Nothing like 31 degrees (and rising!) inside of in a brick building without airconditioning.
Don't forget to drink plenty of water!

What's the strat here. Blinds shut of course. But do I keep the windows open or closed? Open I get some semblance of fresh air, but I feel like it might also suck in more of the hot outside? It doesn't help that right outside of my windows there's metal water drainage that radiates pure heat. I could fry an egg on there.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I hate summer:
  • gross bugs that crawl, fly and sting;
  • heat and humidity;
  • very gross bugs that crawl, fly and sting;
  • sweat,
  • extremely gross bugs that crawl, fly and sting
Haven't had bug problems in my home for the past decade or so shrugs

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
I don't have bugs problems besides of a wasp entering every now and then, (which in itself is enough to warrant the extermination of their whole vile species as far as I am concerned) but bugs are still there flying, skittering and crawling when/if I go outside.

So fuck them, and anything that can sting, they should all just die.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Since we're on the topic of weather, some interesting things are possible in my neck of the woods (tropical storm level wind and rain impacts next week)

I love learning about different weather phenomena across the planet and the unique types of weather systems that affect certain parts of the world. One that's been particular interest to me are European Windstorms.

So, how often do you European members get these storms and what are they like?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Since we're on the topic of weather, some interesting things are possible in my neck of the woods (tropical storm level wind and rain impacts next week)

I love learning about different weather phenomena across the planet and the unique types of weather systems that affect certain parts of the world. One that's been particular interest to me are European Windstorms.

So, how often do you European members get these storms and what are they like?
Sit down and listen to this old weathered face, child.

It starts with this beautiful formation. Sometimes, the contrast between the colorful fields and the dark wall of clouds is spectacular.

Especially when you are still in the full blast of the sun.

These 3 videos are from 2 months ago:

We call it "norddeutsches Grillwetter" (North-German BBQ weather)

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

It starts with this beautiful formation. Sometimes, the contrast between the colorful fields and the dark wall of clouds is spectacular.

That's unironically my favorite kind of weather, just sitting at home with a slightly opened window so you can smell the rain and a coffee or tea in your hands

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019

Especially when you are still in the full blast of the sun.

North Germans are weirdoSSSSS

These pictures make them appear more like thunderstorms, (shelf cloud in first pic). If I'm not mistaken, these are considered to be extra tropical cyclones, right?

We get on our much weaker version in my part of the world, the Nor'easter. Nor'easters are generally boring AF, except the rare blizzard where I 30inches (76cm) worth of snow......... Generally just very gradual storm onset, lightly windy conditions and rain. Thunderstorms are more exciting here.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
F2P games have shown that companies can earn tons of money by letting players play online free. The fact it's stil la thing on consoles is completely ridiculous. I only have Switch Online because it's really cheap and I cancelled my PS Plus in janaury last year.

Free online = more players = healthier player base.

It's a big win for Xbox console players, PC players and game devs/pubs.

So as a PC player Im really happy about it. It only means good things for us.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Instructions unclear, covered in kittens and puppies, still very hot.
Yes, but at least you'll be warm and happy inside when you pass out.

-listening-

Holy crap. I absolutely love and am in awe at that timelapse, the clouds rolling in like a swell. It feels like being underwater. Thanks for the tale, grandpa :p.

And I'm with Hektor, that smell of rain and the feeling of cold air rushing in after a week-long heat-induced agony is some of the best weather there is. Also love the sound of thunder in the distance with these surreal day-night lighting. It transforms the world completely.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Good news if online is going free for Xbox owners next gen. Imagine paying for internet and then paying some corporation to make use of the internet you already pay for. Biggest scam of all time. Can't believe they've been getting away with it for so long.

But I doubt Gold would completely go away. They would keep the free game thing going for those who want it. They could sweeten the pot quite a lot too to keep people from unsubbing at high pace. Give people 6 free games every month + some other next gen cloud/storage perk.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Seems like he is talking about removing Gold from F2P games (you need Gold to play f2p), which is good, but I would like them to remove the online paywall overall.

Reactions: Tomasety

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Xbox online becoming free would be such a big dick energy move. I still don't believe it because its such an incomprehensible amount of money they'll be gambling but that's one crow I'll be chowing down raw if true.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Got in Fall Guys beta

Apparently Xbox consoles will have free online soon.

This is big and will be a good thing for PC players as more people on Xbox consoles will be able to play with us as long as the game supports crossplay.
Will Sony follow?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Now Im confused, in one context of Grubbs tweet it seems like he is talking about removing Gold requirement for f2p games, but in the Tweet I linked, he is talking about Gold going away and online will be free.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, looks like The Cycle will indeed come to Steam when exclusivity period end (which is in 20 days) or at least it's quite unusual this movement and let me tell you why.

First of all, it's the first movement of the package in 7 months of complete inactivity but what is funny is that the last movement prior this one was.... the removal of the store page AND THAT points to the second part of why this is an indicative.

As the store page is hidden to the public and only devs can add tags... well.... they added a bunch of tags for a game than in less than 30 days will end exclusivity, so.... while this is not a confirmation, this is the path Satisfactory followed, a movement here and there after months of inactivity and store page closed and then PAM! page open with a release date.

Also, keep in mind I fucked up with The Division 2 movement and that didn't came to Steam even tho timing was really strange and all signs pointed to a Steam release after a year, although part of me still thinks that I was correct and Ubi/Epic extended the deal a bit more BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY :cat-heart-blob:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Yes, but at least you'll be warm and happy inside when you pass out.

Holy crap. I absolutely love and am in awe at that timelapse, the clouds rolling in like a swell. It feels like being underwater. Thanks for the tale, grandpa :p.

And I'm with Hektor, that smell of rain and the feeling of cold air rushing in after a week-long heat-induced agony is some of the best weather there is. Also love the sound of thunder in the distance with these surreal day-night lighting. It transforms the world completely.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Swenhir

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Sony Era on suicide watch.

Between this and Gamepass I expect to see a lot more "concerns" about MS Sustainability (tm.)
'Concern's about MS Sustainability'

Ok.

Meanwhile M$ busy dragging the entire computing world into the cloud posthaste. And I'm partly onboard! Bring on x cloud and the ability for me to use a thin client device for gamepass! Bring on the future please.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

I have no idea why they would be uncomfortable and I read the whole article.
Probably because the wave of articles wrongfully painting Valve as the monopoly-holder of a walled garden have had this effect on their peers.

I'm not sure that I really want to use the word journalist. I also wonder why the focus remains on Valve and not on Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft. If you want to fight walled gardens, these hardware platforms are an excellent place to start.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
That new Battletoads trailer is very good. I still hate the art style but I can at least respect the effort that went into it. Gameplay variety reminds me of Battletoads vs Double Dragon.

Its a pity that it will cost a billion bucks since MS cant do regional pricing.

Reactions: Ge0force

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.