Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
How many of those works were done by the same composer? The committee may have chosen two or three composers and then chosen from their works?
Could be. But if you're only gonna pick a handful of composers, how is Koji the GOAT Kondo not among them? :shrugblob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Odd but i expect it was done in a rush given the events of the last few days regarding the previous music directors and composer.
So i expect it was a case of "Who do we know and can ask to get the rights for some music pretty damned quickly?" and someone on the committee came up with the list. It may have even been sat in a folder as a "backup" i'm sure we'll find out over the next few days/weeks.

ClassicFM has a decent article on the music so far.

Reactions: beep boop

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
at long last Tetris finally
I just realized something. Imagine playing Tetris Effect on a Steam Deck :steam_pig_shocked:

Alright, maybe I will buy it >.<

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
I just realized something. Imagine playing Tetris Effect on a Steam Deck :steam_pig_shocked:

Alright, maybe I will buy it >.<
Oh shit, I did not even think of this! I do have a reservation in for Steam Deck (Q1 2022 on most expensive model) and Tetris Effect would probably be the ultimate "launch" game for it for me
Also... more Picross on the go, omg

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
SteamDeck has a gyro, yes?
I want to see some SteamDeck Goggles so you can have it in front of your face like Google Cardboard and have a cheap VR solution with a connected controller. Sure, it'll have to be something like a safety helmet to take the weight and the res will be abysmal but some crazy sod is going to try it i'm sure.

Don't let me down this time, humanity!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Observation: despite of the EGS summer sale, there is barely any dev or pub advertising their games on sale on EGS, only so far Ive seen on Twitter is the publisher of Mundaun and Stonefly and there is barely any talk about the sale either.

Like, Days Gone is currently on sale on Steam and EGS and the game's Twitter page is only linking to the Steam page and mentioned EGS in the same tweet, but no EGS store page link.

No thread on ERA or r/gamedeals

Basically unless Epic finances coupons noone seems to give a shit, not even devs/pubs themselves. I mean, things can change of course, maybe Epic didn't tell any dev or pub about the summer sale so noone advertises their games on sale there, but yeah.
If there's no 10 bucks voucher I doubt many will care.
That’s not how Soul Calibur is written 😄

No Nintendo then? I thought Mario was part of the marketing for this one.
If I were Nintendo I'd like to stay away from that dumpster fire of an event.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! sanhora is giving away 12 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jul 24, 2021 at 8:40 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

The Yakuza 0 key was already in the last giveaway but the person who won couldn't redeem it so it might be region locked to EU. Or maybe it just doesn't work, my bad if so.
Yakuza 0: CD732-B26V8-E5WZK

GMG 23% of RRP Voucher Life is Strange True Colors: 1ZG2UO-PSBX9O-8M4RJ8
GMG 23% of RRP Voucher for Deathloop: FUWYMF-CLYH91-WPAREK
GMG 23% of RRP Voucher for Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: VWUO27-HCNUD4-97H1SA
GMG 20% off RRP Voucher for Tribes of Midgard: X124Q2-NDS4B3-HM2QVL

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
been feeling the strongest burnout for a whole week now ish

found out i didnt get into the university i wanted (don't worry, i've been put on a waiting list and is very high on that waiting list, if 4 people exit/say no to this study with 145 spots, i'm basically in), but i seeked out support to the one and only Gabe
even though there weren't no norwegian dates for the steamdeck, he managed to reply with his good wishes and a nice little message with it, which were a big up for this rather ehh week

even though a lot of game companies are very interactive with their community through social media, nothing will beat how Valve handles their community

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
been feeling the strongest burnout for a whole week now ish

found out i didnt get into the university i wanted (don't worry, i've been put on a waiting list and is very high on that waiting list, if 4 people exit/say no to this study with 145 spots, i'm basically in), but i seeked out support to the one and only Gabe
even though there weren't no norwegian dates for the steamdeck, he managed to reply with his good wishes and a nice little message with it, which were a big up for this rather ehh week

even though a lot of game companies are very interactive with their community through social media, nothing will beat how Valve handles their community
Gabe is a good guy. I hope everything works out for you :cat-heart-blob:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Gabe is a good guy. I hope everything works out for you :cat-heart-blob:
yeah he is

i mean, it will, if i don't get a spot there i'll get a spot at another university (norwegian system, basically you apply to university twice if you didnt get your first wish, you compete for free spots at that study if someone leaves it, you keep your old study until you get a new offer), and while that university offers a programming bachelor, most of it is theoretical programming oh boy cant wait to learn about the history of the html

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Time Berners-Lee's Diary
Monday: Invented HTML
Tuesday: Created site with Academic articles
Wednesday: Someone else is making a site! This thing might get popular!
Thursday: The other site contains nudey Star Wars cosplay pictures
Friday: Big sad. Didn't leave house.

• Toucan
Reactions: Kvik

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
It was too long though. As nice as the shooting was, I had my fill about 2/3s of the way through.
No way, it needed to be longer. The last third had a rushed pacing which ultimately made the story twist and final villain feel odd and unremarkable.
The first half is perfect :dmcblob:

Reactions: Yoshi

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
We may not have a new Max Payne, but we still got these two awesome folks celebrating it. :partyblob:

Pretty awesome little homage. Voice actor seems kinda badass, could totally play Max in a movie, so long as it didn't have so many dives like the games :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Yoshi

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
We may not have a new Max Payne, but we still got these two awesome folks celebrating it. :partyblob:

It's a shame Rockstar has the IP since they're probably not going to do anything with it for a long time and the chances of them doing a remake/remaster seem rather low.
Remaster/remake of 1 and 2 that play nicely on modern operating systems without having to install a dozen patches would be neat.

• This!
Reactions: madjoki

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021

I don't think I've ever had any computer where I didn't install Max Payne 1. That game is my childhood, I remember playing it for the first time at a Internet Cafe. Good old times.

:steam_pigblanket:

Either those door frames are lower than average or Sam Lake is tall as hell lmao

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Anyone remember Amazon Tony from the GAF days?

The guy always gave us awesome deals on Steam keys. Amazon used to be super competitive as a Steam key reseller. As soon as Tony left, Amazon's PC digital sales department went to shit.

Tony is now working for Twitch Prime, though I'm unsure if that's still the case.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

The guy always gave us awesome deals on Steam keys. Amazon used to be super competitive as a Steam key reseller. As soon as Tony left, Amazon's PC digital sales department went to shit.

Tony is now working for Twitch Prime, though I'm unsure if that's still the case.
I never used GAF but this person sounds familiar, he wouldn't happen to be the person that would talk about Amiibos as well would he? I remember hearing about it years ago where an Amazon person would tell people ahead of time about Amazon restocks of those and stuff like that.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

Folks don't know, but the Steam Thread used to be home to Amazon Tony and Epic Galy.

Last edited:

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
I never used GAF but this person sounds familiar, he wouldn't happen to be the person that would talk about Amiibos as well would he? I remember hearing about it years ago where an Amazon person would tell people ahead of time about Amazon restocks of those and stuff like that.
I believe Amazon Tony was banned on GAF before Amiibos launched. I'm guessing no, though I can't say for certain since I haven't followed him post-GAF.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.