Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, Falcom loves this trope, though I did like the fact that in the final dungeon, it was just Class VII (old and new) and no one came to your help despite taking on some of the most powerful people in the world, like McBurn. It's not until you fight the big mega-demon that a few of Erebonia's best fighters join and fight by your side (and I don't mind there as you are basically fighting a demi-god at that point).

I generally don't like the curse as a plot point, as it reduces the human problems behind war, imperalism and all that stuff to just magic. Like, what's the message that Falcom wants to give us? That nationalism and all its problems is just caused by larger forces and surely is not the fault of the individual? Garbage. (CS 4 spoilers)
This raises another problem with those games which is the fact that power levels are scaled according to what's convenient for the plot. It's all over the place.

Reactions: QFNS

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Crossbell is the best, imo.
These two are probably the reasons why I still haven't played CS3 onwards.
This doesn't add up, unless I'm misunderstanding something (I was talking about Lloyd's part in Hajimari, not about Crossbell arc games).

I don't like Trails keep using the trope of secret identity. Many people around you are either a spy or from some special force. The first time they use this twist in Sky FC is shocking, but the second or the third time? "Yeah man I knew it already".
As for this, it may look like a big deal from outside, but in Hajimari it's resolved pretty quickly without the usual nonsense going on for hours.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

They put a lot of effort into the Mr. Gimmick! re-release. Achievements, speedrunner mode, online leaderboards, save/load, rewind, and tons of artwork. Pretty cool.
Still kinda sad that the fancy 16 bit remake that was made for Japanese arcades isn't available here.

What about fighting a bad guy only for him to reveal that he wasn't using his FULL POWER and then a familiar character steps in right on queue to save you?
Happens several times in every single one of those games. I went into every boss fight in CS4 expecting it to happen and most times it did. Shit's ridiculous.
Welcome to ~A N I M E~
Speaking of anime, been watching Demon Slayer at the now-fiance's request. It starts interesting but then it quickly falls into typical fighting anime beats that really bore me.

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
This doesn't add up, unless I'm misunderstanding something (I was talking about Lloyd's part in Hajimari, not about Crossbell arc games).

As for this, it may look like a big deal from outside, but in Hajimari it's resolved pretty quickly without the usual nonsense going on for hours.
That is why I shouldn't reply so early in the morning: I thought we were talking about Zero and Azure lmao.

Reactions: tetel

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
With some hours on Threads, it looks more a Instagram itself alternative than a Twitter alternative.
I mean mostly accounts I follow on instagram have an account on Threads, but ToS are exactly the same as Instagram, some people are just "threading" the same pictures they post on instagram but without Instagram wall. And like thread account is attached to your Instagram account, comments or "threads" are just plain or not controversial fearing lose their Instagram accounts, in addition, since normally the Instagram profile is usually more personal, people avoid getting out of hand with what they say.
meh.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
PC parts ordered and on the way!
Slight changes:

Ryzen 7 7700
MSI B650 Tomahawk WIFI
GSkill Trident NEO 32GB 6000MHZ
Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
MSI MPG A850G 850W
PNY RTX 4070 Ti
Samsung 980 Pro 2tb
Corsair 5000D AirFlow

Morten88

Aug 8, 2021
I dont really get why people are running from 1 bad guy to another bad guy, the hate groups that are on twitter is also on facebook and allowed to do whatever they want to... Was it really this hard for people to use Mastodon? Anyway im just glad that i left social media long time ago, my life got alot better without it.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
It has nothing to do with one dipshit billionaire over another. It's because right now everyone can see how much of a fucking moron Elon actually is because he's very publicly driving twitter into the ground. People are just jumping to whatever viable ship they can before the one they're on sinks for real.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I dont really get why people are running from 1 bad guy to another bad guy, the hate groups that are on twitter is also on facebook and allowed to do whatever they want to... Was it really this hard for people to use Mastodon? Anyway im just glad that i left social media long time ago, my life got alot better without it.
Many just want to follow specific content or people, and that content/people aren't on mastodon. Since threads shares accounts with instagram and instagram is very popular (more so than twitter), the transition from twitter to threads is easier, alot of the content many want to follow may already be there.

Though, atm threads is lacking even basic features, and while it's been said that those are coming in the future, it's not a good enough alternative yet (plus not available in EU yet).

People wanting to leave twitter is primarily because of how much Musk is making twitter more and more of a pain to use (last weekend's read limits, putting existing free features behind a paywall, and such),

• This!
Reactions: Amzin and LEANIJA

Morten88

Aug 8, 2021
People wanting to leave twitter is primarily because of how much Musk is making twitter more and more of a pain to use (last weekend's read limits, putting existing free features behind a paywall, and such),
Oh yeah i dont mind people leaving twitter, i hope that shit gets burned down to the ground, but man its gonna sting hard if META takes over, they will have full power over social media with facebook, instagram and threads then. I do not trust Zuck one bit after they helped trump getting elected.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Many just want to follow specific content or people, and that content/people aren't on mastodon. Since threads shares accounts with instagram and instagram is very popular (more so than twitter), the transition from twitter to threads is easier, alot of the content many want to follow may already be there.

Though, atm threads is lacking even basic features, and while it's been said that those are coming in the future, it's not a good enough alternative yet (plus not available in EU yet).

Not to keep the off topic train running but I think there's another important thing on top of that: ease of sign up. People TRIED to leave Twitter after it reinstated a bunch of white supremacist accounts, to places like Hive (which was shady and largely failed to work for a lot of people, the app STILL doesn't work on my phone), Mastadon/federated (the extra slightly complicated signup deterred most), Cohost which has no app because going on the app store puts your NSFW support at the whim of Google & Apple suddenly, etc.

We may scoff at things like the fediverse being "hard" to sign up for but for the overwhelming majority of social media users, it IS. They never had to deal with finding and signing up for the right forum for you, or bulletin boards, IRC, even things like when AIM/Skype/etc. all coexisted. To them signing up for something is install the app, pick user name, done. And to a degree, I agree.

I have some other qualms with the fediverse but outside of Cohost (which again has no app so it's never going to be big) it's the most reasonable option out there and it sucks they couldn't have a simpler sign up process for even a bit to onboard a lot of people. I know the idea isn't for the Mastodon server to be the default but it largely is anyway and people that care more can sign up on their own server regardless.

The main thing I use social media for is following artists (some horny, some not), and the odd news / gaming news tidbit. For a long time, that was Twitter, SO many artists had a presence on there. Now most aren't on Cohost, or Mastodon, or Bluesky (which, eh), but I see a ton of them signing up on Threads because Instagram is huge and it's so easy. It sucks because I don't know if it'll ever be in a state which I could use it for my fairly trivial usage.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
The main thing I use social media for is following artists (some horny, some not), and the odd news / gaming news tidbit. For a long time, that was Twitter, SO many artists had a presence on there. Now most aren't on Cohost, or Mastodon, or Bluesky (which, eh), but I see a ton of them signing up on Threads because Instagram is huge and it's so easy. It sucks because I don't know if it'll ever be in a state which I could use it for my fairly trivial usage.
Agreed with everything you said, though about this last part, threads is supposedly getting fediverse support in the future, so unless I'm wrong, it may be possible to follow threads users through mastodon in the future, depending on the instance? (Not sure how that works).

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Agreed with everything you said, though about this last part, threads is supposedly getting fediverse support in the future, so unless I'm wrong, it may be possible to follow threads users through mastodon in the future, depending on the instance? (Not sure how that works).
That is true, I keep thinking of it from the perspective of Threads users - they'll still be in the Threads app presumably (which is a hot mess), but it's true I'd be able to follow the artists then presumably. Maybe that'd be enough momentum to get the NSFW artists on fedi.

On an unrelated topic, my Steam discovery queue has been unusually terrible this sale. Normally there are like, 3-4 things at least a day I am really keen on, but this week has been almost 100% either F2P badness, PvP online only things, and sports games. Basically like the 3 genres I avoid. Never gone through my queue faster.

Morten88

Aug 8, 2021
Was really thinking of getting Octopath traveler 2, i loved the first one, but idk if i should wait for a deeper sale.

Reactions: lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Was really thinking of getting Octopath traveler 2, i loved the first one, but idk if i should wait for a deeper sale.
I thought it was worth full price. If you loved the first one, you may consider II a GOTY contender. Even haters of the first game love it. Just an all around incredible game.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Plug it in fully. It's really not that difficult :p
And to be clear you need to be sure. Don't push and assume it's good. Check that the connector is flush against the plug as far as it could be.

It should be common sense, but obviously is not.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
If you don't care about having a bad game in your steam account, the OT2 + Various Daylife bundle is cheaper than standard OT2
There is a similar bundle but with Triangle Strategy instead of OT2 and that one is even cheaper. Seems that SE really wants to sell some extra copies of VD

Shantom

Mar 17, 2021
I thought it was worth full price. If you loved the first one, you may consider II a GOTY contender. Even haters of the first game love it. Just an all around incredible game.
Yeah, I bounced completely off the first one on Switch but Octopath 2 is my current GOTY

Reactions: C-Dub

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Well it's not that it is difficult but I'm a very uh, anxious person haha.
So much that I cancelled the order for the 4070ti and ordered a 7900xt, oops.
Sorry for your loss. :anguished-face: When was the last time a cable was reported on fire anyway? I haven't heard about that stuff in months.... Also I thought it was relegated to the higher-end cards too, like 4090/4080?

(this isn't meant as an insult btw. It sounded less harsh in my head vs actual words.)

Edit 2: I found this very educational.

I think this issue is largely overblown and especially in a lower power card like the 4070 Vs. say a 4090. The final step to any PC build before sliding the covers back on your case is ALWAYS to make sure you cables are connected solidly, even before 12HVPWR was a thing!

Last edited:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I don't know what your system is but looking around the steam forums, people suggesting using special k or disabling ecores/using process lasso if you have a 12/13th gen intel cpu. might be worth a try, although the problem they're describing is stuttering, not an fps drop.

Thanks again for this. Turning off my CPU's e-cores seems to have helped a lot. The game doesn't seem to like running in borderless fullscreen either, so switching to exclusive fullscreen helps to stay closer to 120 fps at all times but I haven't noticed any slowdown at all in over an hour since I turned off the e-cores. I'm honestly surprised it's taken me this long to run into a game with compatibility issues with Alder Lake but the fact that it seems so rare just makes it all the more baffling how much of a technical mess this game is. The game itself is pretty fun when you're not going crazy because it's running like absolute ass, though.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Sorry for your loss. :anguished-face: When was the last time a cable was reported on fire anyway? I haven't heard about that stuff in months.... Also I thought it was relegated to the higher-end cards too, like 4090/4080?

(this isn't meant as an insult btw. It sounded less harsh in my head vs actual words.)

Edit 2: I found this very educational.

I think this issue is largely overblown and especially in a lower power card like the 4070 Vs. say a 4090. The final step to any PC build before sliding the covers back on your case is ALWAYS to make sure you cables are connected solidly, even before 12HVPWR was a thing!
You're probably right. But I know me, and I know I won't be comfortable with it, and I'd rather that than torture myself for weeks.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
It has nothing to do with one dipshit billionaire over another. It's because right now everyone can see how much of a fucking moron Elon actually is because he's very publicly driving twitter into the ground. People are just jumping to whatever viable ship they can before the one they're on sinks for real.
yeah people largely just want something that works, is easy to sign up for and use, and actually has the people they want to follow on it

people would be perfectly fine just sticking around on Twitter indefinitely if it wasn't for Musk actively wrecking the place, but he is so people are willing to consider alternatives but something like Mastodon just flat out isn't a viable one for multiple of those things people want

Status
Not open for further replies.