Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I watched max dood play through the FF7 Ever Crisis beta and I'm kinda snickering at all the people who were being smug about "this is the real ff7 remake" when it was announced. It's like a 2015 mobile gacha game full of a shit ton of confusing menus, currencies and pointless upgrade systems and timers and the game itself cuts a ton of content out and edits some scenes in laughable ways.

The gameplay is pretty bad too you watch everyone do auto attacks and select an ability or magic for Cloud to pull off. You can't do anything for the other party members except start their limit break. This is going to be absolute trash of the highest order.

Bonus pic below: My favorite scene from FF7, since this is a 1:1 remake ya know

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

• Damn, no Nvidia 50XX series until 2025 breaking the two year cadence.
  • EVGA cuts warranty to 3 years from 7 and 10. Hardware scaling down significantly, possibly shutting down entirely. BIOS Team is leaving EVGA, so no more mobos. Kingpin no longer a partner cuz they left GPU's.

Sad news, EVGA was one of the goats with regards to quality and RMA. I have never in my life had an EVGA product die across 3 different builds.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Nowadays I think the best play to play fighting games is on Steam.

PC has had a big turnaround with fighting games popularity the last few years.
He says this, because Netherrealm outsources the Pc version, and updates always come later. And MK11 never got PC/Console crossplay (only xbox and PS got it). It's a warner bros port at the end of the day.
This.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I watched max dood play through the FF7 Ever Crisis beta and I'm kinda snickering at all the people who were being smug about "this is the real ff7 remake" when it was announced. It's like a 2015 mobile gacha game full of a shit ton of confusing menus, currencies and pointless upgrade systems and timers and the game itself cuts a ton of content out and edits some scenes in laughable ways.

The gameplay is pretty bad too you watch everyone do auto attacks and select an ability or magic for Cloud to pull off. You can't do anything for the other party members except start their limit break. This is going to be absolute trash of the highest order.

Bonus pic below: My favorite scene from FF7, since this is a 1:1 remake ya know

We play Genshin my dude, this is not different. But the UI is in mobile mode (duh), so it's not that flattering.

Combat wise, it's veeeery akin to FF7R, except you have an ATB in more segments than just build one bar>spend one>repeat your autos and your one stagger/damage skill for every encounter in the game.
This time there's actual choices and timing to be made, and a lot more focus on timing with the visible enemy attacks, with the same usual Materia skills (now that one will be grindy I assume), the two different offensive/defensive modes, and also combo skills depending on chars.
And you totally do control all three characters (if available).

As for that dude, he's from The First Soldier. It was always supposed to be the entirety of the franchise of FF7, and it also has Crisis Core and more.
Crisis Core as a PS1 game with prerendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles is hilarious.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
my only sale purchase.

my girly girls streamers have been recently playing this during past week, quite fun for less than 7 euros.
Some full price games release on next week like Atelier Marie Remake so...

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

Super hyped for BG3. The trailer has some NSFW content. Nothing full frontal, but highly suggestive.

The game also lets you boink a bear. I just thought I would throw that out there.
I need to purchase this in the next week or two, you get upgraded to the deluxe edition for free on release and I might want to check out a few classes before launch. Otherwise I could spend 4-5 hours just in character creation and restarting game on launch.

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I am currently playing through Yakuza Kiwami, about 8 hours in. Having started the series with Yakuza 0 it's fun to see the similarities and differences of the map between the two games. It's possible that I will get sick of Kamurocho by the time I get to Yakuza 6 but for now walking through the same streets gives me a warm feeling of nostalgia.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I need to purchase this in the next week or two, you get upgraded to the deluxe edition for free on release and I might want to check out a few classes before launch. Otherwise I could spend 4-5 hours just in character creation and restarting game on launch.
That's the true CRPG experience.
If you spend less than 2h in the character creation screen you're doing something wrong.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I am currently playing through Yakuza Kiwami, about 8 hours in. Having started the series with Yakuza 0 it's fun to see the similarities and differences of the map between the two games. It's possible that I will get sick of Kamurocho by the time I get to Yakuza 6 but for now walking through the same streets gives me a warm feeling of nostalgia.
It helps that the rendition in each game is slightly different. In a way, Kamurocho is itself the most important character in the series and you get to see how it evolves over time.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So watching the video in good quality makes this look like a blend of Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops or something. I like its look, hope it's good.
The mission structure is probably the most similar to portable ops, or peace walker maybe, except none of the base building stuff I would guess. And visually it's clearly taking inspiration from MGS1.
But the actual gameplay is most clearly inspired by splinter cell. The demo is ok, if a bit short and simple.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
So ive just gone to log into my Humble Bundle account and its asked for google authenticator code which im pretty sure ive never set up, i definitely don't have Humble on the authenticator app and i usually save the recovery codes for those things in a folder which doesn't have any for Humble.

Anyone else have this happen? Am i locked out of my account for ever?

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
So ive just gone to log into my Humble Bundle account and its asked for google authenticator code which im pretty sure ive never set up, i definitely don't have Humble on the authenticator app and i usually save the recovery codes for those things in a folder which doesn't have any for Humble.

Anyone else have this happen? Am i locked out of my account for ever?
I don't use an authenticator there, but I also was logged out of my account and asked to log back in today. Had to reset my password cuz apparently I didn't write it down and the one that Firefox had saved was out of date! :anguished-face:

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The crouch walk in that stealth game definitely looks very Splinter Cell inspired. Went and actually looked up some gameplay footage of the first game to refresh my memory. Of course there's only so many ways you can crouch walk, but something about the gait just immediately makes that connection.

DAMN IT FISHER I'M PULLING YOU OUT

• Bonk
Reactions: lashman

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.