Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Valve sues big patent troll, apparently it's the one behind recent lawsuits.
Turns out Valve had already paid them, but they moved patents to different company to sue again.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm very curious how they compensate if and when madlads run the game from a hdd and higher than the minimum settings. The answer is probably that they don't compensate.
There are places in there where you could insert loading screens like the planet entrances and fill up the regular ram with assets, but the minimum being 8gigs, they probably don't do that too much.
Also very curious to see if DF and others can test with and without DirectStorage.
Also curious to see what the minimum SSD spec for high end graphics ends up being. I recall DF used a slower external nvme to test and it still worked just fine, so how low can we go?

Very interesting indeed.

Reactions: lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if Yves is purposefully trying to tank the company in order to entice someone to buy it. It seems that no one wants to touch Ubisoft in its current state.
The simplest answer is Ubisoft's management is incompetent. Even if Ubisoft were an acquisition target, I doubt any company wants the headache of managing an additional 20,000 employees.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I did the thing and spent too much as always
Same. Been a while since I splurged this much of a Steam sale. Fun times! Chaos and Nioh 2 were also sale purchases, not sure why the new label is gone from them.

The most unreasonable purchases were the Trails games. I still haven't played Crossbell and I should probably at least replay CSII before doing III and IV. I did not need to buy Reverie day one but I love supporting the series and NISA does this really annoying thing where some bonus stuff is only available during launch week.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
The games they're making now dwarf divinity OS in budget. They're in the big leagues now and they have no one backing them if a game under performs, they're walking on a dangerous tightrope.
I would assume Swen is well aware of what kind of cashflow he has, what the back catalogue is selling, how many preorders BG3 has and what are the projected sales to maintain a healthly financial reserve.
Afaik BG3 already sold around 2 million copies just in early access, I expect it will do 5 million in first couple of months, if not more. Swen can scale up or down the headcount to maintain profitability.

Honestly Battle.net is a decent app. But only for Blizz games.
Bnet is functional, but I hate how it still doesn't even have something as basic as playtime tracking.
Actiblard can't come to steam soon enough.

Last edited:

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Same. Been a while since I splurged this much of a Steam sale. Fun times! Chaos and Nioh 2 were also sale purchases, not sure why the new label is gone from them.

The most unreasonable purchases were the Trails games. I still haven't played Crossbell and I should probably at least replay CSII before doing III and IV. I did not need to buy Reverie day one but I love supporting the series and NISA does this really annoying thing where some bonus stuff is only available during launch week.
That's a list of bangers right there :cat-heart-blob:

• Clean Seal
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
New trailer for the upcoming 23rd Tenkaichi Tournament - Dragon Ball Z Kakarot DLC

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Ratchet seems to have hella scalability while keeping reqs accessible. Tho it's definitely proving to be a VRAM and CPU bound gen more than anything going forward.

Nixxes was such a good get I'm sad they can't be out there fixing other more interesting PC ports instead.

If CoD couldn't do it image how Ubisoft is doing.
The reason why I always took all these "Ragnarok biggest PC game ever for Ubi" claims with a mountain of salt. Could mean anything, but I doubt it means any growth for Ubi Connect at all, especially with how fast they came crawling back.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Bardock DLC was so boring
Yep and I don't expect too much about this DLC but it's nice to see youth dragon ball arc.
And if it sells maybe could help Bamco to release some games from that arc like GBA/NDS/Wii games with modern graphics or more Kakarot DLC.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm not totally feeling Trepang2 as a mechanical successor to FEAR. It's inspired by it, but FEAR combat was a lot more... free form? Which might sound crazy but the Trepang2 combat seems also influenced by Doom Eternal where you kinda have to cycle through weapons rapidly, you have to use your abilities basically all the time, and enemies move around so much that it just turns into a bunch of 1v2 encounters for like 2 minutes per room. It ends up making the combat feel repetitive when you don't have as much control over it yourself (this is also why I refunded Doom Eternal when it first came out, the combat was just really boring because it's basically a non-stop scripted QTE). Also the weapon drops are affected by grenades / physics which leads to situations I've had twice, already, of literally running around in circles looking at the floor trying to find something to pick up because I'm out of ammo again.

It's not a bad game, exactly, but I have 4 hours in and not sure the combat has much life left in it. And of course like most games, higher difficulty doesn't mean "harder", it means "a bunch of tactics aren't viable anymore".

On a different note, I had stopped playing Brotato months and months ago and the patches have sorted out mostly every complaint about it I had. It's much more balanced, they added weight to the shop instead of being true RNG so you can actually try to make certain builds now, etc. It was OK for a little while initially but now just seems great.

Edit: Didn't actually buy any more sale things after my initial share. I did buy BG3 and Cities Skylines 2 though, hopefully not burned this time.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yep and I don't expect too much about this DLC but it's nice to see youth dragon ball arc.
And if it sells maybe could help Bamco to release some games from that arc like GBA/NDS/Wii games with modern graphics or more Kakarot DLC.
Who is your avy ? Not digging the insanity vibe but she is defo cute.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Who is your avy ? Not digging the insanity vibe but she is defo cute.
she's this tiktoker.
She pulled a lot of her videos and nearly abandoned that account.

The original video is this one (goodness I downloaded it before she deleted it)
Code:
https://twitter.com/LRB1983/status/1607776115761848323
I recommend nobody from here follow my account xD

Reactions: Yuno and Li Kao

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
My haul:

Lone Ruin is here mostly because it made OTXO cheaper by 0,01PLN (roughly 0,0025$).
Still pretty early but if you like sokoban or just good puzzles, then I really recommend Can of Wormholes. You know how The Witness says on its storepage that it respects your time and each puzzle brings something new? Yeah, that was a lie. Can of Wormholes actually does the same thing, except for the lie part.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Oh another thing I want DF or someone to test with Ratchet is Win10 vs Win11 DirectStorage.
MS said that "DirectStorage is compatible with Windows 10 devices, but Windows 11 has the latest storage optimizations built in and is our recommended path for gaming."
I need to know if it's bullshit or not, or rather, even if it's not bullshit, is it actually a meaningful difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.