Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm curious to see how much the peak of concurrent players will be for BG3, it's been sitting in the top 10 global sellers for some time now and for the past days the concurrent users are around 23k players.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Fun fact:

Armor Core 6 is releasing later this year.

Its releasing on PS4/PS5, Xbox one/series and PC.

That is all stuff people already know.

In Japan how ever the Xbox versions are digital only. Also the collectors edition in Japan is only for PS4/PS5.

Now comes the fun part, which the Xbox version is digital only in Japan, the PC version will actually have a physical release. Yes it is just a code in side of a game case but that's better than what Xbox is getting in Japan. This is also weird as well. I'm sure that there likely aren't that many PC copies that were made (I'm guessing a limited quantity for those that wanted a code inside of a box) since I don't see the PC version being advertised in Japanese stores (images found online).

In Japan the collectors edition is PS exclusive. How ever in the west the CE is available for all 5 platforms (I personally pre-ordered the PC CE). Also I don't think Japan is getting an ultimate edition. The Ultimate edition is over 400 USD while the collectors edition is under 300 USD.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I started Spider-Man ! And to continue with this fucking bizarro timeline where I’m let down by everything, this is… not spectacular ?
I mean it looks good but not incredible at all (high presets with RT). And there is jank, with more jank and a side helping of jank (not a fan of web movements, graphical bugs during some fights, one crash). And goddamn, I expected nothing on the gameplay front, but wave based horde fights ? Seriously ?

I expected some moronic pop corn experience, top end console shit, and for now it feels like I received something more average, something that, while totally playable, leaves me puzzled as to its incredible success.

edit. I’m forgetting to mention the usual suspects, shit audio mix and Parker VA in French being… meh. A touch too much in the loud moron terrotory.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I started Spider-Man ! And to continue with this fucking bizarro timeline where I’m let down by everything, this is… not spectacular ?
I mean it looks good but not incredible at all (high presets with RT). And there is jank, with more jank and a side helping of jank (not a fan of web movements, graphical bugs during some fights, one crash). And goddamn, I expected nothing on the gameplay front, but wave based horde fights ? Seriously ?

I expected some moronic pop corn experience, top end console shit, and for now it feels like I received something more average, something that, while totally playable, leaves me puzzled as to its incredible success.

edit. I’m forgetting to mention the usual suspects, shit audio mix and Parker VA in French being… meh. A touch too much in the loud moron terrotory.
I would say that it is above average as the story, setting, references and all the cool suits you get add up to a compelling experience if you are a comic book fan. The gameplay is indeed average, yeah, with some highs but also several notable lows.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Picked up Shadows of Doubt, Serial Cleaners and Amnesia: The Bunker.

In other news, I have 30 people on my friends list who owns Baldurs Gate 3. 21 of them have never touched it, 7 of them have played under 3 hours.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

Yeah i bounced off of Spiderman after a couple of hours. Just wasn't doing it for me.
Spiderman 2 on the ps2 was the peak.

• Comfy
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and C-Dub

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Remnant 2 did big numbers on Steam and has a peak concurrent (110k) in the same ballpark as Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 (125k-129k). It's also 13th in DAU. Granted that's not the fairest comparison since Steam is much larger today compared to when those games came out, but impressive numbers nonetheless.

I'm curious to see how much the peak of concurrent players will be for BG3, it's been sitting in the top 10 global sellers for some time now and for the past days the concurrent users are around 23k players.
It'll be massive. At least 200-300k, if not more. I'll be there with my half-elf bard (assuming I don't change my mind. Again).

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
As someone whose favorite genres are turn-based tactical games and RPGs, I would absolutely love to see a turn-based RPG do very big numbers on Steam. Personally I think it will do between 100k and 200k but I hope I am completely wrong on that.
it alreached reached 80K 3 years ago in early access.

120K minimum are guaranteed

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
And there it is.

Mass Effect LE Trilogy 100% completed in 1 month. :sweaty-blob:

5 games this month! I beat 5. (Katamari Reroll, Modern Warfare 2, and the ME Trilogy)

Wew, haven't done that in forever. Still didn't make any backlog progress though lol. I think I claimed 6 from Humble, bought the Cyberpunk bundle, and another 3 games on a Fanatical bundle lol. ah...

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
And i finished Prince of Persia Warrior Within, now only two Thrones is left. But i will make longer break before i return to PoP. I should be able to finish Jedi Survivor this upcoming week too. And then i am thinking about to finally play Uncharted Lost Legacy.

Reactions: yuraya

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Just booted BG3 for the first time to have a look at the character creation and all the options available and the choice paralysis is real.
Sucks that we can't look at origins characters in the current build, I'd love to know what roles my companions might fill to avoid redundancy.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Did you get the good ending?
Yes and i played Sand Wraith section with teddy bear xD And i forgot that PoP WW is basically Backtrack The Game. It obviously hurt me a lot when i played it years ago that o suppressed those memories of the game XD

• Toucan
Reactions: didamangi

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Has shader comp stuter, is a UE game,
Should not be a problem for a fighting game. You load a tiny stage and all needed assets once and for all and you're done. Tekken 7 was UE4 and it was fine.

is a AAA PC game in the year of our lord and saviour (gaben) 2023
Come now, it's not all terrible.

[random DF video about XBox's CPU performance]
I don't see the relevance to T8? Perhaps you double-posted and it was merged to your answer to me?

Reactions: LEANIJA

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
ME3LE finished. Got the perfect ending too!

Now I'm ready for BG3!
Should not be a problem for a fighting game. You load a tiny stage and all needed assets once and for all and you're done. Tekken 7 was UE4 and it was fine.

Come now, it's not all terrible.

I don't see the relevance to T8? Perhaps you double-posted and it was merged to your answer to me?
double posted

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
The best bear video will always be this.

edit: Also, I guess the uploader at some point added #StandWithUkraine hashtag on the video title and you can probably guess what happened to the comment section.

• This!
Reactions: lashman and madjoki

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, during PC gaming dark times there was this person who centralized upcoming PC games on their website. It was a big page full of games with screenshots, kind of an appetizer and a feel good list during those dire times.
I think the person posted on GAF by the way.

No idea how the page was called, any idea of what I’m talking about ?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, during PC gaming dark times there was this person who centralized upcoming PC games on their website. It was a big page full of games with screenshots, kind of an appetizer and a feel good list during those dire times.
I think the person posted on GAF by the way.

No idea how the page was called, any idea of what I’m talking about ?
reasonswhyitsworthbeingapcgamerin20xx or something along those lines I think. Disagree they were dark times though, just a media shunning phase as usual.

Edit: maybe this one reasons why it's worth to be a pcgamer

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Do we know if Assassins Creed Mirage will be on Steam?
day 1 - no
after 6-12 months - most likely

Maybe 6 months after release. But who knows. Star Wars game is not even on Epic Store. They are trying to push Ubisoft Connect as hard as possible.
Star Wars and Avatar will likely get Steam/EGS releases at a later date but yes, they are trying to push Ubisoft connect a lot (even though it's not working as well as they thought)

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Can't believe NieR Automata and XCOM 2 both released 6-7 Years ago to a massive, unprecedented success and neither have gotten a sequel even announced yet.
Welcome to the life of an Ace Combat fan
What's that? AC7 was the most succesfull game in the series?
Too bad we won't ride this wave with any sort of rerelease, remaster or sequel. Here's a Top Gun DLC. You like Top Gun right?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Is there an easy app to test PC fans, at multiple speeds etc. ?

Because, eh I should have known gaming with our current temps would age my fans, each time I start and shut down the PC, I‘m greeted with a noise… like a cable being hit by the fans ? Or, as we say in French, last breaths of a shit pump.
Only on startup and shut down.

Can’t say in game as I only played Halls of Torment, so…

Status
Not open for further replies.