Community MetaSteam | July 2023 - This one will turn you into a furry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I looked a long moment into it, as I suspected it was the case, but I have no idea how to set it up. And as I'm an idiot, the fact that SSH wasn't exactly mentioned made me go WinSCP.
I should look again, would be ideal. I mean, I live with Total Commander :p
Well, it was a matter of 5 minutes and now my TC can access the Deck.
Now to understand if TC can remember a path instead of dropping me at the root.
And maybe try to understand this ssh key thing that’s so better than a password, but also just a tad out of my league.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Goblin Slayer Another Adventurer: Nightmare Feast coming to Steam and Swich this Winter. (EN and JP language)

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
My strategy of pausing Humble figuring I’d get a discounted email offer at the end of the month, didn’t work. Surely they would’ve been offering me the July Humble for less, by now. Or a three months at $7 each deal.

Oh well, wasn’t meant to be. August’s should be discounted at least.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
EDIT: Tried to copy the last tweet in that thread, but it still only showed the first 2 tweets, so, quoting below the whole thread:
HoloCureDev said:
Some bad news regarding the Steam Achievements. Steam games are limited to 100 achievements. Even from 0.5 we already have more than 100, so we won't be able to put all achievements in just yet. For now, we're going to leave out the character-achievements.

The limit can be raised after a certain threshold has been reached - by having lots of players so that Steam knows its a legit game. We messaged Steam support to see if we could bypass this, but they said no So for now we'll just have to launch without some

Hopefully after the game launches and the game has enough players to reach the eligibility threshold, we can put in the rest of the character achievements and those will unlock automatically

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Can someone find the new Square CEO's email and write "Don't forget to put Kingdom Hearts games on Steam, it's currently exclusive to Epic Store, it's a weird storefront made by Epic Games that barely anyone uses, in case you don't know what it is".
I did this, and he replied back saying "Fuck off "Lashley" you cretinous loser. Bnet4Lyf."

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
They will easily reach the milestone assuming it will be as popular as any of the other bullet heaven games on steam.
I think they're not going to have any problems breaking the milestone. xD
HoloCureDev said:
I swear on my entire existance I'm not saying this to brag or anything like that but ayo goddamn jesus christ bruh HoloCure is at 100k wishlists already what the fuck bruh how am I supposed to handle this I'm just a baby ass indie developer mang I ain't equipped for this shit

Uhh....
lol
HoloCureDev said:
The limit can be raised after a certain threshold has been reached - by having lots of players so that Steam knows its a legit game. We messaged Steam support to see if we could bypass this, but they said no So for now we'll just have to launch without some

Hopefully after the game launches and the game has enough players to reach the eligibility threshold, we can put in the rest of the character achievements and those will unlock automatically

Last edited:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
XIV was supposed to be on xbox years ago but wasn't because of various MS-related fuck ups and restrictive decisions. It was never moneyhatted at any point. I like how it's being presented as a PR win for xbox and how phil is a savior though. It was partially his fault for years that it wasn't on there lol.

The story of how we got here, however, is a long one. Yoshida was asked as early as 2013 why the game wasn’t on Xbox One. His answer at the time was that Microsoft’s stance on crossplay was too restrictive. “The main reason from our side is that I don’t want the community to be divided; to be split into two or more. For example, one player might be on the PC version, another might be on the PS4 version, and I’m playing the Xbox version - but we’re not able to join the same game servers,” he told RPGSite at the time. “That is just... I just don’t like the idea. I disagree with it.”

That was back when Microsoft was the company seemingly standing in the way of crossplay between the two consoles. Years later, roles were reversed, with Sony pushing back against crossplay for games like Fortnite. Yoshida repeated his requirement for crossplay in a 2017 interview with Kotaku, and things seemed to be progressing in that direction not long after.
By 2017 phil was in charge so why'd it take so long?

Last edited:
  • Doubt
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Otherforum made a poll about BG3 CCU peak numbers
my guess is 817517 CCU
but not under 500k

15%! think it will do under 100k, that's DOS2 numbers (93k) and even BG3 early access made 74k

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Does anyone have any easy to use/install remote desktop software that I can install on my Steam Deck?

It would be a lot easier and less time consumming for me to just move the files around on my Windows PC while connected to the Steam Deck. There was the Google Chrome remote desktop thing, how ever it only has a debian thing and I don't know how to install it.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Does anyone have any easy to use/install remote desktop software that I can install on my Steam Deck?

It would be a lot easier and less time consumming for me to just move the files around on my Windows PC while connected to the Steam Deck. There was the Google Chrome remote desktop thing, how ever it only has a debian thing and I don't know how to install it.
I'm using AnyDesk personally

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I started playing Elex a few weeks ago. Still pretty early in, but there's something that's is nagging me more and more about it.

It was made by the same developers that made Gothic 2, an all-time classic I believe. What I especially love about Gothic 2 is the slow-burn beginning, where you start out as super weak, and have to basically do lots of super basic shit until you level enough, can afford armour and actually venture out into the unknown. On that level, Elex is very similar, and very nostalgic. But there is one big thing that this game has lost, that Gothic 2 was so good at: natural quest design and quest progression. The game virtually had no visual clues to tell you where to go and where to find things. The people giving you the quest tell you where you need to go, and you then need to find it on your own. This also forces the developer to not just magically assume the player will find the right book at the other end of the world to progress the quest.
However, Elex has the exact same Skyrim style quest markers and is heavily designed around them. At some point, someone wants me to find a missing person. The next thing is that you happen to find their diary randomly somewhere in town. Sure, maybe if your playstyle is such that you investigate every corner of the map, you may find it even without quest markers.
And sadly, even in cases when the game does give location descriptions, they are usually not saved in the quest data in the menu, like they were in Morrorwind.

This really robs the player of the chance to actually understand the world as if they live there. No need to learn up on unique geographic markers, or orientation points. Just follow marker. I get why devs do this, it's super efficient, saves dialogue and time, but god does it make this world feel incredibly fake.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I started playing Elex a few weeks ago. Still pretty early in, but there's something that's is nagging me more and more about it.
I enjoyed Elex (and its sequel, although it is weaker) but you are right, design-wise it is a regression and the quest marker reliance is lame.
If you want proper Gothic-like, play Archolos.

Reactions: Mivey
Status
Not open for further replies.