Community MetaSteam | July 2024 - Summer arrived to Dawntrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
got my new RTX 4070 PC yesterday. Seems to be running the UE5 games I've tried thus far (Jusant and Immortals of Aveum) pretty well, though I haven't played the latter nearly long enough to get a good idea of performance.

I don't recommend turning on DLSS3 frame generation in Jusant unless you're really desperate for a performance boost, though - the artifacts are pretty distracting, especially when panning the camera

Last edited:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

I'm curious what they are cooking for part 2

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Played 25 minutes of Nobody Wants to Die and yeap this is my cup of tea. Atmosphere is unbelievable, music is so good and voice acting is on point do far.
I have seen zero media, what's the genre ? What does it play like ?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Chain of Memories is such a weird departure from the first Kingdom Hearts game.

The first was a somewhat decent action game and was really fun beating it on the hardest difficulty. Felt really challenging and fun even with all the flaws.

With this the card breaking and recharging mechanics are so frustrating. I'm still early in but it feels poorly designed. I love card games so I will keep at it but this is so...different lol.

I wonder wtf Nomura and Square were thinking back then. I hope KH2 didn't change too much as I am very hyped to get to it as I play these in order.

Also apparently Chain of Memroies was a GameBoy Advance game at first and then they made it into a PS2 game using KH1 assets by the looks of it. I wonder why Square didn't port the GBA game into this collection as well. Couldn't of been too hard unless Nintendo had some say in it. I'm kind of thinking of finding a ROM for it and emulating on my Deck. GBA really had an incredible library. Especially all the licensed stuff.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Chain of Memories is such a weird departure from the first Kingdom Hearts game.

The first was a somewhat decent action game and was really fun beating it on the hardest difficulty. Felt really challenging and fun even with all the flaws.

With this the card breaking and recharging mechanics are so frustrating. I'm still early in but it feels poorly designed. I love card games so I will keep at it but this is so...different lol.

I wonder wtf Nomura and Square were thinking back then. I hope KH2 didn't change too much as I am very hyped to get to it as I play these in order.

Also apparently Chain of Memroies was a GameBoy Advance game at first and then they made it into a PS2 game using KH1 assets by the looks of it. I wonder why Square didn't port the GBA game into this collection as well. Couldn't of been too hard unless Nintendo had some say in it. I'm kind of thinking of finding a ROM for it and emulating on my Deck. GBA really had an incredible library. Especially all the licensed stuff.
The GBA of Chain of Memories is also WAY better than the Remake. Camera issues and dodging wasn't really a thing in it, you could focus much better on the actual cards.

Don't worry about KH2 tho, that's the best game in the series and mechanically a fairly direct sequel to Kingdom Hearts 1 with a lot of new and improved combat mechanics.

Get ready to accept the changes tho, rest of the series isn't consistent mechanically AT ALL and all the games are wildly different from each over.

Reactions: Vantr and yuraya

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
For reasons unknown to me, Steam Remote Play started completely crapping itself a few days ago. I spent hours trying nearly every fix in the book and nothing worked. Then it started working as normal recently. I'm going to attribute that to my ISP sucking.

On the bright side, I found out about Moonlight and I am able to play PC Game Pass games via streaming which is cool. I know many people swear Moonlight is better than Remote Play, but I find it kind of mixed. Some games look better in Moonlight (i.e. Sekiro and Power Washing Simulator) while Remote Play looks better for others (i.e. Diablo 4 and Forza Horizon 4). Now I just need to get off my butt and actually sell the Xbox.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Lol my take away from that is... GTA 6 is going to come to PC a year later PER usual and at best 6 + months if not later per usual to steam like all the other R* titles

They don't want to risk the horrendous lash back if it launches like complete shit on PC, and since the rockstar launcher is literally just a launcher

It took like 2?+ years for RDR 2 and GTA 5 to reach 30~+ dollars on steam when it finally ended up on there when it was regularly reaching 20-15$ on R* launcher months and months earlier

• Toucan

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Yeah I mean probably

I also acknowledge that I'm one of the idiots that bought GTA 5 on three different systems

I got it at launch on 360, bought it on ps4 then I bought it on PC

So I am going to buy GTA 6, just I don't know when

• Bonk

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I haven't played a Ubisoft game in years, and yet the Star Wars Outlaws gameplay looks incredibly bland and been-there-done-that to me. I can't imagine spending dozens of hours on this, despite being a Star Wars fan.

• This!

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Italy
lashbot already posted these 2 but let's also post the trailers too because they look amazing

VA-11 Hall-A devs try their hand at Parasite Eve:

Inti Creates does Zelda, with a twist:

And let's add some more from Bitsummit too
River City Ransom but in the three kingdoms gets a sequel:

DMC but anime:

Survival game, but with no supernatural elements or end of the world scenarios

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I've lost count of all the derivative GaaS that have crashed and burned these last few years. The weird thing is that Sony was allegedly so impressed by the game that they bought the studio. I guess we'll see what happens, there have been a few examples of GaaS games launching terribly and becoming a hit later.

Status
Not open for further replies.