Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Uh, so, do we know if the demos are nuked at the end of the fest or can we still play them, at least if we have them installed ?
I've read some developers will keep their demos up (I assume games especially close to release). Others have said they want to take it down because they are representing before alpha gameplay or don't want to deal with public issues while continuing development. I saw 1 or 2 in the steam forums say they are still debating.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Razer Kit has always intrigued me and i have one of their old Mamba or Razorback mice somewhere around here but they lost me when they decided to drop onboard settings and rely on the cloud and then extra when they decided to mine currency on your machine but give you back some pony Razer Coin or whatever it was. I saw someone show that for some of their token deals it would take longer to get the coins before they expire than the offer for the item is available. Basically that you could never get the big items they had for tokens. Did they ever rollback those decisions?

I love that the company basically existed so the boss could get his whacky ideas implemented and then the company took off though. lol.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I missed that Locomalito released a new super retro freebie last month. Or is it just the actual MSX version that's newly released? I don't know. Whatever though.
This shit hurt me. Right. In. The. Feels.
Maybe I should emulate old computer games. But who has the time for everything.
I was indeed fondly remembering Game Over 1 and 2 on Amstrad the other day. Oh fuck and Metrocross, that music.
Feels :cryblob:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
This shit hurt me. Right. In. The. Feels.
Maybe I should emulate old computer games. But who has the time for everything.
I was indeed fondly remembering Game Over 1 and 2 on Amstrad the other day. Oh fuck and Metrocross, that music.
Feels :cryblob:
Liar! You remember the adverts, not the games! lol!

I however, being a pure and decent teen remember the games!
and that Crash magazine in the UK had to have Ollie Frey design some art to cover certain... aspects of the advert.

Jeeez, 80s/90s adverts were the subject of many threads on forums over the years.
I also still remember the Barbarian and "Stainless Steel" adverts games too.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I have about 4 or 5 mice because i couldn't find a good mouse that fit my hands and grip comfortably. Even the fabled Logitech G502 is too small for me and i have little hands for a bloke. I think because i use palm-grip i need a chunky mouse which is why i like my Corsair Ironclaw and want to find more mice or that dimension.

For work though i use an Anker Vetical Mouse ( Shark-Fin Mouse ) as it is the most comfortable mouse for long days at work and has totally helped alleviate the RSI symptoms i was getting. Shark-Fin mouse, TKL keyboard so my arms are more aligned with my shoulders, a footstep thingy and lumbar support pad have done wonders to delay the payback of 30-odd years of bad PC posture. lol.

I still want to find a replacement for my CM Storm Quickfire TKL, it's perfect for me as it removes the nav-keys and keeps the keypad so i still have a ton of keys available but it's still smaller than a fullsize KB. Got an XTRFY recently which is nice but a bit "pingy" which can annoy me at times.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Oh wow, a developer owning up to their mistakes. That's extremely rare. It actually pushed me over the edge to go ahead and buy the game since I had been sitting on the fence for awhile.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao One game i remember loving both the artwork and game at the time was Stainless Steel... but time has not been kind to my rose-tinted memories.

You tell kids these days that you played for hours a game some bloke did an 11 minute walk-through for and they won't believe you! lol.
Hot Damn, do i love that style/era of art for the cover though.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Li Kao One game i remember loving both the artwork and game at the time was Stainless Steel... but time has not been kind to my rose-tinted memories.

You tell kids these days that you played for hours a game some bloke did an 11 minute walk-through for and they won't believe you! lol.
Hot Damn, do i love that style/era of art for the cover though.
Absolutely love the artwork used back in the 80’s, in this case Steinar Lund.

Login • Instagram

Another artist I loved back then was Chris Foss. His artwork on a lot of sci fi novels made me buy a lot of books back then. I would love to be able to use my airbrush half as well as he does.

Home - Chris Foss - Artist

• Gib
Reactions: Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Absolutely love the artwork used back in the 80’s, in this case Steinar Lund.

Login • Instagram

Another artist I loved back then was Chris Foss. His artwork on a lot of sci fi novels made me buy a lot of books back then. I would love to be able to use my airbrush half as well as he does.

Home - Chris Foss - Artist
Yup, i have a book from my childhood around here somewhere which is a huge hardback with precis of sci-fi novels and TONS of artwork by Chris Foss, Steinar Lund and others. If i ever own a spaceship of my own it's gonna be checkerboards and stripes in mad colours ala Foss and as seen in Homeworld games.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yup, i have a book from my childhood around here somewhere which is a huge hardback with precis of sci-fi novels and TONS of artwork by Chris Foss, Steinar Lund and others. If i ever own a spaceship of my own it's gonna be checkerboards and stripes in mad colours ala Foss and as seen in Homeworld games.
I do miss the days where a cover was mainly the artwork. No big declarations of the console, manufacturer, developer, age ratings, game accolades.

I still, to this day, regret that my dad sold some old LPs. In particular Out of the Blue (ELO, still love this album and still great live) and War of the Worlds (another great album and another great live show). As a kid they where the most amazing covers, gatefold artwork that I would love to have now.

nowadays a lot of cover artwork just comes across as a bit bland and dull.

anyway end of my yelling at clouds moment.

• This!

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Anyone else has a xbox series controller and using it on pc/mobile via bluetooth? On mine the input lag is very bad and it seems I'm not the only one.

Firmware is updated via the xbox accessories app but the lag is still noticeable compared to my one s/x controller.

I would warn those who want to use the bluetooth function to wait before buying this controller. Connection via the wireless adapter is fine though.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018

:heroblob: Beat Shin Megami Tensei If...

Outside of the 3rd dungeon, genuinely enjoyed it. I thought the 4th and 5th dungeons were pretty fun. It has some weird quirks, like removing Traesto for the geysers. Definitely more story minimal than the other SMT games I've played, pretty much all explained at the beginning and that's it. I think I liked it more than SMT1

Last edited:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Uh, so, do we know if the demos are nuked at the end of the fest or can we still play them, at least if we have them installed ?
going by the previous Steam Games Festivals, it's a crapshoot. some will stay up on the store, some will be playable only if you navigate to the game folder and run the .exe, and some will no longer run at all, no idea what the breakdown is

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
On Ender Lillies's regional pricing :
With apologies for any inconvenience or confusion, there were some mistakes in the updated regional pricing for some countries.
We are fixing them right now, but it might take a few days before the changes go live.
Source

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
... and with this release, Devolver join the prestigious "we think poor people don't deserve to play games anymore" club:
Is it really a club if it includes almost everyone now? :(

And the only "mistake" in the Ender Lilies pricing is "ops, we are not a medium/big publisher so maybe we can't away with increasing the price by 3x in countries like Brazil" ... and also.... wow... 8x times in Argentina? So maybe now it will be... 2x and 5x? :p

Also, I bought it before the announced price increase because somehow I knew this "mistake" would happen....

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And the only "mistake" in the Ender Lilies pricing is "ops, we are not a medium/big publisher so maybe we can't away with increasing the price by 3x in countries like Brazil" ... and also.... wow... 8x times in Argentina? So maybe now it will be... 2x and 5x? :p
yup, you can ABSOLUTELY count on it turning out EXACTLY as you said ... they're still gonna raise the price through the roof in most of the poorest regions ... and the only "mistake" they made is thinking they can get away with it without people in those regions being REALLY fucking angry about it

Edit: well, i stand corrected ... they just published the new prices:

good on them for more or less sticking volvo's suggestions ... wish more publishers would do that (looking at you, Devolver ... and pretty much every other mid/big publisher)

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Edit: well, i stand corrected ... they just published the new prices:

good on them for more or less sticking volvo's suggestions ... wish more publishers would do that (looking at you, Devolver ... and pretty much every other mid/big publisher)
Wow... I'm really surprised they backtracked on this. I still think their mistake was underestimating the backlash, but yes, whatever the reason, very good on them to changing back to good prices.

Very happy to have been wrong on this one :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wow... I'm really surprised they backtracked on this. I still think their mistake was underestimating the backlash, but yes, whatever the reason, very good on them to changing back to good prices.
yeah, you're probably not wrong ... i mean - someone DID have to go through all the prices and set them to what they were before ... so it's not like it was a misclick or something

Very happy to have been wrong on this one :)
yup, same ... not that it changes the price for me personally .... but i'm glad people in the poorer regions will now be able to buy it again! :)

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I do miss the days where a cover was mainly the artwork. No big declarations of the console, manufacturer, developer, age ratings, game accolades.

I still, to this day, regret that my dad sold some old LPs. In particular Out of the Blue (ELO, still love this album and still great live) and War of the Worlds (another great album and another great live show). As a kid they where the most amazing covers, gatefold artwork that I would love to have now.

nowadays a lot of cover artwork just comes across as a bit bland and dull.

anyway end of my yelling at clouds moment.
It's case by case (although guess it always was), but game case slip covers sometimes have full-cover art on their backside, so once you have it and know what it is (I guess) you can flip it over. I only have a few PS4 games but most of them have this. Horizon, GoW, etc.

MaskedCircle

"Let's Positive Thinking"
May 28, 2021

HOLY FUCKBALLS!!! O_O
am I dreaming?

:heroblob: Beat Shin Megami Tensei If...

Outside of the 3rd dungeon, genuinely enjoyed it. I thought the 4th and 5th dungeons were pretty fun. It has some weird quirks, like removing Traesto for the geysers. Definitely more story minimal than the other SMT games I've played, pretty much all explained at the beginning and that's it. I think I liked it more than SMT1
aye, glad you enjoyed it. If you can emulate ps2 games I'd highly suggest trying Digital Devil Saga Duology, my fav game on PS2.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Bit late but I had a Razer Black Widow keyboard when they still used Cherry switches.

No problems with it

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
doesnt really surprise me that no one is talking about it but AMDs latest drivers are available so, time to check it out on my card

Oh that's the one with their Super Resolution thingy. Curious how good this is in practice, their showcase didn't really wow me.
Looking forward to the Digital Foundry comparison video on it :blobeyes:
Also seems that Edge of Eternity is going to implement it, which is neat cause that game also has DLSS so I can compare things myself :evilblob:

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Oh that's the one with their Super Resolution thingy. Curious how good this is in practice, their showcase didn't really wow me.
Looking forward to the Digital Foundry comparison video on it :blobeyes:
Also seems that Edge of Eternity is going to implement it, which is neat cause that game also has DLSS so I can compare things myself :evilblob:
Curious to find out who'll be covering it from DF because Mr. Battaglia is on a summer break, lol. DLSS 2.2 is also available for use in Rainbow Six Siege so the comparison should be very interesting.

MaskedCircle

May 28, 2021
Takayuki Yagami is listed, which is Judgment's protag. Judgment Remaster could be coming to Game Pass, potentially together with a PC version.
someone pointed out joker is also listed to which people speculating persona 5 ffs.
Though I don't think judgement is here just yet.

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Curious to find out who'll be covering it from DF because Mr. Battaglia is on a summer break, lol. DLSS 2.2 is also available for use in Rainbow Six Siege so the comparison should be very interesting.
Very interesting side-note about DLSS 2.2: apparently you can just drop the 2.2 dll into games that use a different 2.x version and it works. Sometimes better (Death Stranding ghosting is apparently gone with 2.2) and sometimes not so much (Control seems to be way worse), but it's pretty cool that it's possible.

• Eyes

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Very interesting side-note about DLSS 2.2: apparently you can just drop the 2.2 dll into games that use a different 2.x version and it works. Sometimes better (Death Stranding ghosting is apparently gone with 2.2) and sometimes not so much (Control seems to be way worse), but it's pretty cool that it's possible.
Yep, someone also ported it to Cyberpunk 2077 as well. DLSS 2.2 Update

MaskedCircle

May 28, 2021
I'm trying to knock out the older games first, at least as of now
. I may end up needing a change of formula, but after SMT2, I want to play the Super Famicom remakes of DDS: Megami Tensei 1 +2.
that's better tbh since you can tolerate older games better because they didn't age well

• Comfy
Reactions: Routa
Status
Not open for further replies.