Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
When the "open source" alternative is inferior, we all lose.
I mean, it's not that inferior at what it is: real-time single-frame upscaling.

It's just that techniques which use more temporal samples are in a different ballpark in what they can achieve (but also in terms of complexity of integration).

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I mean, it's not that inferior at what it is: real-time single-frame upscaling.

It's just that techniques which use more temporal samples are in a different ballpark in what they can achieve (but also in terms of complexity of integration).
Honestly I don't see much value in FSR. It's just another upscaling technique.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL]On my 3rd try, I finally got hooked to Divinity: Original Sin. The last two times, I didn't even make it out of the 1st town because everything was so overwhelming and there are so many quests and story lines thrown at you. I managed to get through this and I'm having a blast now. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]Fun fact: the producer of the game is a guy I used to work with when I was a reviewer on a local game site. Seems he climbed up quickly at Larian, I'm so happy for him! :) [/UWSL]

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Honestly I don't see much value in FSR. It's just another upscaling technique.
Well, it really depends on how many non-AAA games you play, and if you play on lower-end hardware. Basically, for tons of these games, your only option to improve performance if you are GPU limited is to lower the sampling rate, and you usually get bilinear upsampling and that's that. With FSR, with relatively little integration effort from developers, you get a somewhat-better-than-bilinear image from those games in those situations. That's its value.

There is, of course, very little value to it on the high end, that's one of the many ways in which it is fundamentally different from DLSS (which is valuable all the way from the low-end to the high-end -- in compatible games).

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Kickstarted in 2013 then released in early access in 2015, it looks like it turned out pretty decently 👌

Last edited:

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
They wouldn't do 33% now and 50% during sale.
You're probably right, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. ;)

They did put Forza Horizon 4 on sale two weeks after they released it on Steam at full price and Tell Me Why at 50% off during a winter sale 8 days after they had it at 30%. Not the same time period but I mean, it's possible!

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Kickstarted in 2013 then released in early access in 2015, it looks like it turned out pretty decently 👌
Holy shit, did not realize this was finally out :RangerBlob:

May have to give it a look

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Snakethesniper I noticed your thread post (through discord) on the SpecialK forum regarding DQB 2, but since I don't have a forum account there, I thought I'd reply to you here instead. :p

Try changing this in the SpecialK.ini/dxgi.ini

[API.Hook]
d3d9=false
d3d9ex=false

Reason why the SpecialK UI doesn't appear after the opening cutscene plays is because the game is switching from DX 11 -> DX9 for video playback and then back to DX11.

Last edited:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
What is the general consensus on Industries of Titan? The gameplay looks a bit too micro management for what I am looking for at the moment, but do folks think that is accurate?

Might still go for Ender Lilies, though probably should wait for the summer sale at this point.

• Comfy
Reactions: prudis and lashman

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Lego Builder's Journey is gorgeous (with or without RTX), and a very chill and "serene" experience, but ... not much of a puzzle game, or even a "game".

With a few exceptions, is pretty obvious what you have to do, with almost no freedom to do things differently. Most of the game is putting the piece on the obvious/only spot, getting a new one and repeating the process, with some cute animations in between. The last levels appear to offer a little more freedom but.... not really.

Also, it took me only two hours to complete it, and some of that was fiddling with the graphics options and appreciating the graphics :p

It was cheap here, but for $20 dollars, I don't think I would recommend it, unless of course you know you're getting around 2 hours (or less) of a relaxing experience with almost no challenge or gameplay mechanics.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Can someone confirm Nier Replicant new patch is compatible with SpecialK ?
Not sure I want to update :sweaty-blob:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I have important news to impart upon thee, fellow peeps
The first is actually of minor importance
steam summer sale is tomorrow

The 2nd on the other hand is of vital and greater importance, such that it could be MIND BLASTING
Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

The 2nd on the other hand is of vital and greater importance, such that it could be MIND BLASTING
[Hidden content]

Btw, cleared the prologue of Deadly Premonition. It really is something, Zach.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Btw, clear the prologue of Deadly Premonition. It really is something, Zach.
Switch or PC ?
One of the reasons I was so reluctant to sell my Switch, I know PC is a legendary shit show :cryblob:

Reactions: MegaApple

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Switch or PC ?
One of the reasons I was so reluctant to sell my Switch, I know PC is a legendary shit show :cryblob:
PC. So far controller is the only issue. I follow this guide and it got fixed.

I didn't applied any other fixes. I heard there are crashes and game breaking bug so going to play it carefully as well as make sure to backup save files.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Snakethesniper I noticed your thread post (through discord) on the SpecialK forum regarding DQB 2, but since I don't have a forum account there, I thought I'd reply to you here instead. :p

Try changing this in the SpecialK.ini/dxgi.ini

[API.Hook]
d3d9=false
d3d9ex=false

Reason why the SpecialK UI doesn't appear after the opening cutscene plays is because the game is switching from DX 11 -> DX9 for video playback and then back to DX11.
You... I like you! It worked! Thanks!!

• Comfy
Reactions: Valdien

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

My Monster Hunter Stories 2 PC preview is up. I would have had my 4k60 footage up too, but some wires got crossed and I had to re-render with some changes. Soon!™
Was there any obvious indicators that the game is running on the RE Engine? I noticed you mentioned that there's a lack of graphical options, which got me thinking that maybe its using a different engine. Although I doubt it since Capcom's been migrating all their games over to the RE engine. Either way, thanks for the preview!

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Was there any obvious indicators that the game is running on the RE Engine? I noticed you mentioned that there's a lack of graphical options, which got me thinking that maybe its using a different engine. Although I doubt it since Capcom's been migrating all their games over to the RE engine. Either way, thanks for the preview!
I believe it may be running on MT Framework, but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: lashman

MaskedCircle

"Let's Positive Thinking"
May 28, 2021

[Hidden content]
why can't I see some posts lol?
says it's hidden or something

Reactions: MegaApple
Status
Not open for further replies.