Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Takayuki Yagami is listed, which is Judgment's protag. Judgment Remaster could be coming to Game Pass, potentially together with a PC version.
Not really, it most likely will do the same as KH will do (or what I think it will do) as we won't see a PC version of judgment this year (my pessimism says)

KH:
2020 - Xbox/Gp console
2021 - EGS
2022 - Steam/Gp PC

Judgment:
2021 - Xbox/GP console
2022 - Steam/Gp PC

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah i bought State of Decay 2 as well as i remember enjoying the first one.

It was offered as a standalone at like £15 but also as part of a bundle of which i already owned 1 and so it was £12 in the bundle. Weird.

Reactions: Aaron D.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
So then what is the veredict regarding the No More Heroes pc ports?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So then what is the veredict regarding the No More Heroes pc ports?
They just fixed the controller issue so we can conclude that now it is a barebones port but it works perfectly fine.

Resolution will be your monitor's and framerate is at 60fps all the time.

It is good but simple.

• Eyes

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Finished Mass Effect LE last night and now need something to fill the void left by the godawful ending. Enjoyed the games though, second time I played them through, skipped doing the end of 3 last time because it had just set the Internet on fire.

Minecraft here I come, you can cheer me up yet again :)

Reactions: Aaron D. and yuraya

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Some nice looking games releasing today! I’m eyeing Lego and Alex Kidd, even though I’m deep into Biomutant

And the sale starting soon … games, games, games!
Oh, thanks for the unintentional reminder. I forgot Lego Builders is releasing today. I plan on getting it simply because of RTX. :blobmorning2: I have no interest in Lego otherwise. :p

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
While I still bought Ys VIII to support Durantes port, I'm still mad at NISA for never releasing the Vita DLC to PC.

• Sad

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Hey gang, I could use a bit of help and feedback. As you may know I write for a small PC gaming website on a casual basis and we started experimenting with translating our content to English. Since we have users from various countries here, I would appreciate it if you could take a look at my review of Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX and give some feedback.

ALEX KIDD IN MIRACLE WORLD DX | Ragequit.gr

I mainly want to know if the content appears properly in english and if it's, well, readable. For the translation we use a combination of machine translation through DeepL and manual touching up afterwards so I'd like to know if people can actually read it relatively comfortably. There is a known issue with the mobile version of the page, it only translates some paragraphs, so if you visit from mobile go to the end of the page and click "exit mobile version". Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oh there's a demo. Sell me on it bud.

Noth the most developed sale pitch, alas.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Hey gang, I could use a bit of help and feedback. As you may know I write for a small PC gaming website on a casual basis and we started experimenting with translating our content to English. Since we have users from various countries here, I would appreciate it if you could take a look at my review of Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX and give some feedback.

I mainly want to know if the content appears properly in english and if it's, well, readable. For the translation we use a combination of machine translation through DeepL and manual touching up afterwards so I'd like to know if people can actually read it relatively comfortably. There is a known issue with the mobile version of the page, it only translates some paragraphs, so if you visit from mobile go to the end of the page and click "exit mobile version". Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I'm English and it seems like the translation software has done a good job, reads fine to me. Someone who has studied English to a higher level than a B at GCSE may have some more useful feedback though.

Reactions: Alexandros

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Alexandros Good job! It reads fine and the light-hearted pain and suffering comes through in the writing, if that's what you were going for. One criticism that only made me think "Hmmmm." is that it does seem to have a couple too many "big words" but a native speaker would realise that was the translation software. It's a good review and pretty much mirrors what i would have written too.

I really wanted to really like the old Alex Kidd games and although they were good they just missed the mark. There was something missing. Mostly what was missing was my skill though, yeah, they were tough games and i made slow progress through them.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Who has played that Lego Builder's Journey game? It looks like a fun puzzle game with some chill vibes.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Who has played that Lego Builder's Journey game? It looks like a fun puzzle game with some chill vibes.
I just bought it but I've yet to try it... It does look cool although I mainly purchased it for the eye candy!

Edit: I completed around 10 levels. It's a really cute game! Not really challenging but I smiled the whole way through. Funny how a few bricks can be so expressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS and Aaron D.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

It does read quite well overall!

That being said, the reference to Daikatana's marketing campaign probably won't be understood by most readers and the tone whiplash at the word "bitch" is a bit jarring.

This sentence also reads a little strangely :
To make a long story short, there are two factors that make Alex Kidd seem like a cruel joke of Satan to the players.
I would probably phrase this as "Make Alex Kidd seem like Satan's cruel joke to the players" but maybe it's just me.

I am quite impressed that this is a ML translation, that being said :).

Reactions: Alexandros

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019

I think it's fine -- parts were a bit stilted, and some of the grammar and punctuation was definitely weird. There were a few awkwardly constructed sentences that I had to read a couple of times to get the meaning. But overall, it was totally readable and understandable. Personally, it's worth it to me to read stuff like this that isn't completely smooth, because I enjoy perspectives from outside the English speaking world.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Great video as usual.
Looks to be a bit underwhelming to be honest.

I was expecting it to be not as good as DLSS for obvious reasons, and initially though it was better than expected and good enough in isolation, but the comparison with TAAU was pretty damning and I'm now wondering what the purpose of FSR is.
I guess it's easy to implement and can be used in engines that don't have any temporal information and/or custom upscalers already?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Great video as usual.
Looks to be a bit underwhelming to be honest.

I was expecting it to be not as good as DLSS for obvious reasons, and initially though it was better than expected and good enough in isolation, but the comparison with TAAU was pretty damning and I'm now wondering what the purpose of FSR is.
I guess it's easy to implement and can be used in engines that don't have any temporal information and/or custom upscalers already?
That seems to be its niche.

Might be interesting to integrate in something like Ys 9 for lower-end GPUs, but it's not out publicly yet.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte
Status
Not open for further replies.