Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Question before the Summer Seal starts:

If one was to purchase one of the Creeper World games, and has never played any of them before, which is the one to get? The latest one?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I'm probably going to skip this sale (I hope to god I can do this)
because I have a lot of games in my backlog.
Wait until someone tells you "hey, what you own is not a backlog. It's a library of games for you to dive in and explore. Life is too short to be stressful of your hobby!"

Anyway, I won't have too much dispensable money until August so I have planned a tight budget for the summer sale. One or two indies and cheap games at most.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Question before the Summer Seal starts:

If one was to purchase one of the Creeper World games, and has never played any of them before, which is the one to get? The latest one?
CW3 is best of the 2D ones.

CW4 is really good translation of 2D gameplay to 3D. Unless there is some performance peculiarities, it's also a great choice

MaskedCircle

"Let's Positive Thinking"
May 28, 2021
Leeeeet's go! No PC release mentioned originally bummed me out. I'm so glad to hear we're getting this now. :partyblob:

Now I just need to hope their rollback implementation works well. I need a GG Strive situation here, not a SFV situation.
same, really happy to see this.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
[UWSL][/UWSL]
What is the general consensus on Industries of Titan? The gameplay looks a bit too micro management for what I am looking for at the moment, but do folks think that is accurate?
I wrote some thoughts about the playtest over here. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. All the interior desing is a bit micro, and I would say about half of the early game can be that depending on which buildings you unlock first. Basically you have factories where you insert small fuel and power generators, storage and so on. But you can also unlock bigger single purpose buildings that do those things. There's also some city desing in there, building roads, making sure citizens don't live too far from their job and such.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I wrote some thoughts about the playtest over here. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. All the interior desing is a bit micro, and I would say about half of the early game can be that depending on which buildings you unlock first. Basically you have factories where you insert small fuel and power generators, storage and so on. But you can also unlock bigger single purpose buildings that do those things. There's also some city desing in there, building roads, making sure citizens don't live too far from their job and such.
Thank you for linking that, I missed that post!

The city building and ship design looks interesting, but I was iffy on the interior design. I had no idea there were single purpose buildings to override some of that, which sounds good. I am more after the city builder portions.

It sounds like one to watch stew a bit more since I also did not realize it had an unfinished campaign (for whatever reason I did not think about this, but it would be nice to have).

Thank you again! :goodmorningblob:

• Comfy
Reactions: Parsnip

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Thank you for linking that, I missed that post!

The city building and ship design looks interesting, but I was iffy on the interior design. I had no idea there were single purpose buildings to override some of that, which sounds good. I am more after the city builder portions.

It sounds like one to watch stew a bit more since I also did not realize it had an unfinished campaign (for whatever reason I did not think about this, but it would be nice to have).

Thank you again! :goodmorningblob:
Yeah, it's still early access for another year I guess, so we'll see how it shapes up in the end.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Awesome. I can't wait to play Prodeus. It's a Humble published game, so I'm waiting for the Choice (or 1.0) to pick it up on Steam.

I've heard good things about Bug Fables, so I'll give it a go as well.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Awesome. I can't wait to play Prodeus. It's a Humble published game, so I'm waiting for the Choice (or 1.0) to pick it up on Steam.

I've heard good things about Bug Fables, so I'll give it a go as well.
Bug Fables is a long game 25+ hours so I personally wouldn't wanna risk game pass fucking it up.

Ever since Octopath, playing games on game pass has been a nightmare for me due to thoughts like "will the game work tommorrow?" and "will the save be there tommorrow?".

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Bug Fables is a long game 25+ hours so I personally wouldn't wanna risk game pass fucking it up.

Ever since Octopath playing games on game pass has been a nightmare for me due to thoughts like "will the game work tommorrow?" and "will the save be there tommorrow?".
Yeah, I've never had that sort of issue myself, so I'm not worried about it.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I find it sorta stupid having early access games on game pass, means that when the game is done the game will most likely have left game pass or is about to.

Bug Fables! :evilblob:

Yeah, game pass is great, living on the edge every time I start up the app.
The problem is the Windows Store is too dependent on Windows. If you install a Windows update, everything can happen. :blobxorcism:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I don't know why I've been so impatient for the Steam sale. The only thing I'm planning to get for sure is FFXIV: Shadowbringers and I'm only just about to reach the Heavensward content so it's not like I'll be playing it anytime soon. It's probably going to be at least another month just to reach Stormblood lmao.

Maybe I'll get Forza too if there's a decent discount.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I don't know why I've been so impatient for the Steam sale. The only thing I'm planning to get for sure is FFXIV: Shadowbringers and I'm only just about to reach the Heavensward content so it's not like I'll be playing it anytime soon. It's probably going to be at least another month just to reach Stormblood lmao.

It's the excitement of having thousands of game simultaneously on sale with potentially great discounts.
A bargain here, shiny new things there,...

Even though in reality you don't need anything and the deals are worse than you would have wanted.
But a bargain here, shiny new things there,....

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
It's the excitement of having thousands of game simultaneously on sale with potentially great discounts.

Even though in reality you don't need anything and the deals are worse than you would have wanted.
Ha, I've gotten much better at not impulse buying tons of games I'm not going to play anytime soon. Gaben's tricks almost don't work on me anymore!

...then again, I guess I could buy Doom Eternal too. And the Yakuza Remastered Collection. And Nioh 2.

I mean, I did just unexpectedly get a little bit of extra money...

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018

Yep, I’m in for Forza as well if the price is decent. Otherwise, I’m looking to pick up a couple indies … nothing too crazy this sale since I picked up quite a few newer releases recently. I was going to say I was going to pick up Cozy Grove during the sale but turns out it’s the daily today lol

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I expect maybe one more Sony game to be announced for PC this year. They will take their time and stretch those releases so there are no big gaps between old games and new ones. By the time they release all of their older titles it will be time to release those that are currently out/will be released.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Yeah, it's a tricky balancing act.

Deep discounts for Wishlisted titles I haven't thought about in years vs. light discounts for newer stuff that holds current personal mindshare.

In the end I've learned that -90% off a game I once followed but will likely never install is a losing proposition against -20% on a hot new title I'm ready to fire up now.

Not sure how much I'll be digging into the sale, but my current radar shakes out like this.

Tier 1
Wasteland 3
SnowRunner
Slipways

Tier 2
Suzerain
Dorfromantik
PowerWash Simulator

Not expecting much from the newer releases, but we'll see just how far my impulses go.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

SEGA art director Kazuyuki Hoshino has reportedly stated that the team is working to turn Sonic the Hedgehog into a VTuber. This will come as part of a new broadcast project. Hoshino also stated that the team’s next goal is to open up a Sonic theme park, due to the success of the recent Sonic the Hedgehog movie. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089!]

Status
Not open for further replies.