Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
tfw when still waiting for KH

If you fans do not keep asking S-E they will just forget about it, look at Morbius, you need to keep pushing for that to come to Steam, ASK THEM EVERYDAY EVERYTIME EVERYWHERE.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE,

yes, it's that time again, you know what to do! :)

It's time for the Sunday bounce around again. No idea what shenanigans I'll get up to this time but we're going to start with a little Dragon Marked For Death. I haven't played it in a long time and have been wanting to get back into it.. and also not so sneakily try to entice a couple friends to pick it up during a sale. :cuteblob:

:steam_pigblanket:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
This week's top 10!
The fact Stray broke the top 10 with only a few days sales is impressive. It's going to easily be Annapurina's biggest Steam game ever.

Do you think people will actually go to watch Morbius?
I saw an article where it bombed in the box office again, showing that popular internet memes don't translate to real life success. I personally just came back from Top Gun Maverick.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Elden Ring!
I'm still trying to finish this game. Just made it to the consecrated snowfield, and I'm so burned out. Honestly I was burned out around hour 100. But here I am at 150+ hours trying to inch my way to the finish and clean up the achievements on my way.

Open world games man. 😅 I feel like i wouldn't mind it so much if there was just a bit more story to kinda limp you along. But in this case, FROM's method of storytelling is not really helping this time around.

Get ready for next week I guess!
I'm out of the loop, what's next week? :thinking-face:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm still trying to finish this game. Just made it to the consecrated snowfield, and I'm so burned out. Honestly I was burned out around hour 100. But here I am at 150+ hours trying to inch my way to the finish and clean up the achievements on my way.

Open world games man. 😅 I feel like i wouldn't mind it so much if there was just a bit more story to kinda limp you along. But in this case, FROM's method of storytelling is not really helping this time around.
I beat the Lucaria Academy boss and probably won't play again in a month or two.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
dont burn yourself out on ER, just take your time :)

also, consecrated snowfiled is a totally optional area, if you didnt know :) if you wanna finish the game a bit faster, you dont have to be there :)

Reactions: Tomasety

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
If you fans do not keep asking S-E they will just forget about it, look at Morbius, you need to keep pushing for that to come to Steam, ASK THEM EVERYDAY EVERYTIME EVERYWHERE.
Kingdom Hearts Memeing has already peaked tho

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Almost everything is on Steam now.
This reminded me of a post I made on gaf many years ago when some japanese game was announced for steam, which was still very rare at that point.

I said that one day everything would be on steam and that it would be glorious, to which someone replied "yeah, because monopolies are good hurr durr".

Lol

I'm not exactly sure when it happened but I suddenly became completely addicted to Death Stranding.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
This reminded me of a post I made on gaf many years ago when some japanese game was announced for steam, which was still very rare at that point.

I said that one day everything would be on steam and that it would be glorious, to which someone replied "yeah, because monopolies are good hurr durr".

Lol

I'm not exactly sure when it happened but I suddenly became completely addicted to Death Stranding.
sounds like era now, everything is a monopoly, unless its a company they like

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Thought was worth cross posting

Looking through my VN backlog and wishlist

In the interest of my time, anything that would be easy to cut out?

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
428: Shibuya Scramble
Corpse Party series
Fullmetal Demon Muramasa
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Iwaihime
Kara no Shoujo series
Loopers
Raging Loop
Robotics;Notes series
Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition
Seventh Lair
Spirit Hunter series
Yu-No
Zero Escape series
World's End Club

• Eyes

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I think that Tim Sweeny has decided to remaster UT2k4 or 99 in the age of boomer shooter is proof the coke he does has absolutely gone to his head

My god imagine just how much goodwill it would generate. Imagine the esports that would pop up. What is actually wrong with Tim Sweeny besides being coke fiend and a pretentious cword

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Thought was worth cross posting
Plenty of kamige there, but if you must cut a few:

World's End Club because it's a puzzle platformer.
Yu-No because of the localisation is only so-so (consider playing the original instead.)
Root Double because it's a pale imitation of the Infinity series (consider reading Ever17/Remember11 instead.)

I'd strongly recommend Muramasa and 428, though (in that order).

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I will take indie over AAA any day but I do agree on the sheer qty that the show always seems to have

An endless sizzle reel of 60 second clips of games, from devs who most of which don’t have some established pedigree in advance, across 2 hrs isn’t frankly that useful. It becomes like white noise
if the show was more compact it’d let stuff stand out more

600 indies won't cut it. Sorry.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Aah dammit as someone who is on the European timeline, probably means I will get to bed at 3 in the morning. Work will be fun.
It isn't too bad this time, XBox showcase is at 18:00 BST (19:00 in most of EU), and PC Gaming Show is at 20:30 BST (21:30 in most of EU).
With the PC Gaming Show being around 2 hours long, it'll end around 23:30 in most of EU.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
600 indies won't cut it. Sorry.
While I agree with the others, most of the games I have played this year have been indie, I can see where you are coming from.

I watched the State of Play and there was nothing in there that screamed I MUST have a PS5. A mixture of knowing a lot, if not all, where coming to PC and a lack of Sonys AAA first part is not very attractive.

And on top of that, I am a patient gamer, hell I won’t grab FF7R until it hits steam at the right price. I Can wait for 16 to hit PC. So it becomes even less attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.